Hunter Biden has a new career

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Hunter Biden has a new career

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Apparently he is now an artist. Painting. And some folks "may be willing" to pay him big $$$ for those paintings. As much as $500K. But we probably won't get to know who they are.

I'm no Jean Dixon but I'll bet his financial success as an artist will mirror the financial success of the Clinton Foundation. As soon as the influence leaves the family, business will drop like a rock.

Clinton Foundation Historical "Donations"

Year Contributions & Grants Influential Position
2004 $62 Senator
2005 $69 Senator
2006 $110 Senator
2007 $123 Senator
2008 $232 Senator
2009 $241 Sec of State
2010 $304 Sec of State
2011 $242 Sec of State
2012 $228 Sec of State
2013 $292 de facto Presidential Candidate
2014 $332 de facto Presidential Candidate
2015 $113 Presidential Candidate
2016 $66 failed Presidential Candidate
2017 $29 Nothing
2018 $24 Nothing
2019 $30 Nothing
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

Re: Hunter Biden has a new career

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:44 pm

From yesterday's New York Post, not exactly a liberal mouthpiece

Hunter Biden’s artwork is actually good and will be worth a lot, experts say
Scandal-tarnished first son Hunter Biden’s newfound career as a painter may actually prove to be a success — as experts say his artwork is impressive and will fetch big bucks. “I think it’s pretty strong — I like it,’’ Mark Tribe, chairman of the MFA Fine Arts Department at New York City’s School of Visual Arts, told The Post.

“The colors and compelling organic forms — it’s the kind of organic abstraction that I find easy on the eyes and provokes your curiosity,’’ Tribe said of the mixed-media paintings and drawings by President Biden’s son. Hunter, 51, has said he is embarking on a full-time career as an artist, with plans in the works for a private showing of his creations for potential buyers in Los Angeles in the fall and then an exhibition in New York, artnet.com said Monday. He paints, draws and assembles collages — typically colorful works that range from geometric patterns to trees and human body parts.

“I’ve been in the art business since 1956,’’ Alex Acevedo, 75, who owns the Alexander Gallery in Midtown Manhattan, told The Post. “I’m not impressed with modern art at all. But I was floored by that guy,’’ he said of Hunter’s artwork. “The palette was wonderful. The space was well-organized. I would buy a couple of them. “And anybody who buys it would be guaranteed instant profit,” Acevedo added. “He’s the president’s son. Everybody would want a piece of that. The provenance is impeccable.’’

Prices for Hunter’s art range from $75,000 for works on paper to half a million bucks for his large paintings, his Soho art dealer, Georges Berges told artnet. Acevedo said the pieces would garner more like $25,000 to $100,000 if not for Hunter’s name. The art consultant said he expects some of the works to possibly top $1 million in the end.

Tribe said it doesn’t bother him that Hunter has no formal training. “I understand that he’s self-taught but that he’s been making art all his life — that’s pretty common, and to me, that’s no reason to discount the value of his work,’’ Tribe said. Still, on the pricing of Hunter’s work, “That would be on the high end, certainly, for an emerging artist,’’ Tribe said.
Of course, the artwork is commanding a higher price because he's the President's son. But it's the same reason that artworks from any celebrity command a higher price than something from an unknown artist would. And the people buying this are collectors, not lobbyists. There's considerable possible upside to reselling these works.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:54 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:44 pm
From yesterday's New York Post, not exactly a liberal mouthpiece

Hunter Biden’s artwork is actually good and will be worth a lot, experts say
Scandal-tarnished first son Hunter Biden’s newfound career as a painter may actually prove to be a success — as experts say his artwork is impressive and will fetch big bucks. “I think it’s pretty strong — I like it,’’ Mark Tribe, chairman of the MFA Fine Arts Department at New York City’s School of Visual Arts, told The Post.

“The colors and compelling organic forms — it’s the kind of organic abstraction that I find easy on the eyes and provokes your curiosity,’’ Tribe said of the mixed-media paintings and drawings by President Biden’s son. Hunter, 51, has said he is embarking on a full-time career as an artist, with plans in the works for a private showing of his creations for potential buyers in Los Angeles in the fall and then an exhibition in New York, artnet.com said Monday. He paints, draws and assembles collages — typically colorful works that range from geometric patterns to trees and human body parts.

“I’ve been in the art business since 1956,’’ Alex Acevedo, 75, who owns the Alexander Gallery in Midtown Manhattan, told The Post. “I’m not impressed with modern art at all. But I was floored by that guy,’’ he said of Hunter’s artwork. “The palette was wonderful. The space was well-organized. I would buy a couple of them. “And anybody who buys it would be guaranteed instant profit,” Acevedo added. “He’s the president’s son. Everybody would want a piece of that. The provenance is impeccable.’’

Prices for Hunter’s art range from $75,000 for works on paper to half a million bucks for his large paintings, his Soho art dealer, Georges Berges told artnet. Acevedo said the pieces would garner more like $25,000 to $100,000 if not for Hunter’s name. The art consultant said he expects some of the works to possibly top $1 million in the end.

Tribe said it doesn’t bother him that Hunter has no formal training. “I understand that he’s self-taught but that he’s been making art all his life — that’s pretty common, and to me, that’s no reason to discount the value of his work,’’ Tribe said. Still, on the pricing of Hunter’s work, “That would be on the high end, certainly, for an emerging artist,’’ Tribe said.
Of course, the artwork is commanding a higher price because he's the President's son. But it's the same reason that artworks from any celebrity command a higher price than something from an unknown artist would. And the people buying this are collectors, not lobbyists. There's considerable possible upside to reselling these works.
You still have one "right" available today.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:49 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:26 pm
Apparently he is now an artist. Painting. And some folks "may be willing" to pay him big $$$ for those paintings. As much as $500K. But we probably won't get to know who they are.
Bless your pointy little head…

At least you know who bought all of Trump Jr.’s books.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:40 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:49 pm
BackInTex wrote:

I don't know anyone who bought the book. I'm sure you didn't. It probably didn't have any pictures to color.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:44 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:40 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:49 pm
BackInTex wrote:

I don't know anyone who bought the book. I'm sure you didn't. It probably didn't have any pictures to color.
Oh, so that's why the MAGA bunch didn't buy them.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.