Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22 - Decades!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22 - Decades!

#1 Post by Vandal » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 pm

Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22
June 8, 2021

Decades!

CATS & DOGS
2010s
Match the TV cat to the appropriate 10s TV show (two points each)

Cats:
Mr. Business
Mr. Kitty
Princess Carolyn
Talking Cat

TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers
Bojack Horseman
Rick and Morty
South Park

1960s
Match the TV dog to the appropriate 60s TV show (two points each)

Dogs:
Duke
Lord Nelson
Tiger
Tramp

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Doris Day Show
My Three Sons

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s
Name the product/company behind each of these commercial taglines: (two points each)

"You deserve a break today"
"Don't leave home without it"
"It's the real thing"
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman"

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

Name each of these 90s couples (two points each):

A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella, before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year.

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship.

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together.

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown.

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points)

Total points: 39

Next up: PrimeTime
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22 - Decades!

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:37 pm

Spoiler
Vandal wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 pm
Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22
June 8, 2021

Decades!

CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business - Rick and Morty
Mr. Kitty - Bob’s Burgers
Princess Carolyn - Bojack Horseman
Talking Cat - South Park

TV Shows:

1960s

Dogs:
Duke - The Beverly Hillbillies
Lord Nelson - My Three Sons
Tiger - The Brady Bunch
Tramp - The Doris Day Show

TV Shows:

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s
Name the product/company behind each of these commercial taglines: (two points each)

"You deserve a break today" - McDonalds
"Don't leave home without it" - American Express
"It's the real thing" - Coca-Cola
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" - Alka Seltzer
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" - Secret Deodorant

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella, before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year.

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship. Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. Ellen Degeneres

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. Hugh Grant.

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points) Hugh Grant.

-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:23 am

Spoiler
Cats:
Mr. Business - Bojack Horseman
Mr. Kitty – South Park
Princess Carolyn - Rick and Morty
Talking Cat - Bob’s Burgers

Dogs:
Lord Nelson -The Doris Day Show
Tiger - The Brady Bunch
Tramp - My Three Sons

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
"You deserve a break today" McDonalds
"Don't leave home without it" American Express
"It's the real thing" Coke
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" Alka Seltzer
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" Secret

LOVE & MARRIAGE
A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella, before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year. Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship. Billy Joel and Christy Brinkley

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. Ellen Degenerese and Portia Derossi

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. Elizabeth Hurley and Hugh Grant

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points) Hugh Grant

kroxquo

#4 Post by kroxquo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:56 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business Bob’s Burgers
Mr. Kitty South Park
Princess Carolyn Bojack Horseman
Talking Cat Rick and Morty

1960s

Dogs:
Duke The Beverly Hillbillies
Lord Nelson My Three Sons
Tiger The Brady Bunch
Tramp The Doris Day Show

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" Burger King
"It's the real thing" Coca Cola
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" Dove

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship.

Naomi Campbell & ??/

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together.

Ellen DeGeneres & Anne Heche

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown.

Hugh Grant & ???

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" Hugh Grant(five points)
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:00 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business - BOB'S BURGERS
Mr. Kitty - RICK AND MORTY
Princess Carolyn - BOJACK HORSEMAN
Talking Cat - SOUTH PARK

1960s

Dogs:
Duke - THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES
Lord Nelson - THE DORIS DAY SHOW
Tiger - BRADY BUNCH
Tramp - MY THREE SONS

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" - MCDONALD'S
"Don't leave home without it" - AMERICAN EXPRESS
"It's the real thing" - COCA-COLA
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" -ALKA-SELZER
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" - SECRET DEODORANT

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

TOM CRUISE & NICOLE KIDMAN

RICHARD GERE & CINDY CRAWFORD

ELLEN DEGENERIS & PORTIA DEROSSI

HUGH GRANT & ELIZABETH HURLEY

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points)
HUGH GRANT
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:09 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business
Mr. Kitty
Princess Carolyn
Talking Cat

TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers
Bojack Horseman
Rick and Morty
South Park

1960s

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch Tramp
The Beverly Hillbillies Duke
The Doris Day Show Tiger
My Three Sons Lord Nelson

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" McDonald's
"It's the real thing" Coca Cola
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" Secret deodorant

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. Ellen DeGeneres & Portia De Rossi

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. Hugh Grant & Elizabeth Hurley

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" Hugh Grant
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mikehardware

#7 Post by mikehardware » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:33 am

Spoiler
Decades!

CATS & DOGS
2010s

TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers - Mr. Business?
Bojack Horseman - Talking Cat?
Rick and Morty - Princess Carolyn?
South Park - Mr. Kitty?

1960s

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch - Tiger
The Beverly Hillbillies - Duke
The Doris Day Show - Lord Nelson
My Three Sons - Tramp

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"It's the real thing" - Coke
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" - Secret

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. - Hugh Grant?

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points) - Hugh Grant?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:44 am

Vandal
Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22
June 8, 2021

Decades!

CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats/TV Shows:
Mr. Business - Bob’s Burgers
Mr. Kitty - South Park
Princess Carolyn - Rick and Morty
Talking Cat - Bojack Horseman

1960s

Dogs/TV Shows:
Lord Nelson - The Doris Day Show
Tiger - The Brady Bunch
Tramp - My Three Sons

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" - McDonald's
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" - Irish Spring

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman

Richard Gere & Cindy Crawford

Ellen DeGeneres & Anne Heche

Hugh Grant & Elizabeth Hurley

Bonus:
Hugh Grant

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

PanicinDetroit

#9 Post by PanicinDetroit » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 am

Decades
Cats:
Mr. Business - BOB'S BURGERS
Mr. Kitty - SOUTH PARK
Princess Carolyn - BOJACK HORSEMAN
Talking Cat - RICK AND MORTY

1960s

Dogs:
Duke -THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES
Lord Nelson - THE DORSI DAY SHOW
Tiger - THE BRADY BUNCH
Tramp - MY THREE SONS

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" -MCDONALD'S
"Don't leave home without it" - AMERICAN EXPRESS
"It's the real thing" - COKE
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" - ALKA SELTZER
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" - SECRET

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella, before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year. TOM CRUISE AND NICOLE KIDMAN

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship. CHRISTIE BRINKLEY AND BILLY JOEL

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. - ELLEN DEGENERES AND ANN HECHE

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. HUGH GRANT AND ELIZABETH HURLEY

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points) HUGH GRANT

wbtravis007

#10 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:15 am

Spoiler
Vandal wrote:
Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22
June 8, 2021

Decades!

CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business
Mr. Kitty
Princess Carolyn
Talking Cat

TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers Mr business?
Bojack Horseman. Mr kitty?
Rick and Morty. Princess Carolyn?
South Park. Talking cat?

1960s

Dogs:
Duke
Lord Nelson
Tiger
Tramp

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch tige?
The Beverly Hillbillies duke!
The Doris Day Show lord Nelson?
My Three Sons. Tramp

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" McDonald’s
"It's the real thing" coke
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" alkaseltzer
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" secret

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

Tom cruise and Nicole Kidman

Richard gere and Cindy Crawford. (Also a wedge: a little something we like to call
Spoiler
a gerbil
Ellen degeneris and Anne heche

Hugh grant and Elizabeth hurley

Bonus:
Hugh grant. (I had forgotten or never realized that this was such a pivotal event for Leno until seeing an installment of the late night special on cnn recently)

franktangredi

#11 Post by franktangredi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:19 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS
2010s

NOT A CLUE

1960s

Dogs:
Duke/The Beverly Hillbillies
Lord Nelson/The Doris Day Show
Tiger/The Brady Bunch
Tramp/My Three Sons

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today"/McDonald's
"Don't leave home without it"/American Express
"It's the real thing"/Coke
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"/Alka Seltzer
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman"/Secret

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman

Ellen DeGeneres and Anne Heche

Hugh Grant and Eliabeth Hurley

Bonus:
Hugh Grant

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:22 am

Spoiler
CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business
Mr. Kitty
Princess Carolyn
Talking Cat

TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers - Talking Cat
Bojack Horseman - Princess Carolyn
Rick and Morty - Mr. Business
South Park - Mr. Kitty

1960s

Dogs:
Duke
Lord Nelson
Tiger
Tramp

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch - Tiger
My Three Sons - Tramp (The only one of the first 8 answers I actually KNOW)

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

YAY for retro TV ads!!!

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. - I'd assume Ellen DeGeneres is one half...

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. - I'm positive Hugh Grant is one half...

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points) - HUGH GRANT!
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#13 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:26 am

Spoiler
Vandal wrote: ATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business

Bojack Horseman

Mr. Kitty

South Park. The credits listed Jay Leno as the one providing the "voice" of the cat..which was just some meowing. Whether that credit was legitimate or a joke, I don't know.

Princess Carolyn

Bob's Burgers

Talking Cat

Rick and Morty

60s

Dogs:

Duke

The Beverly Hillbillies

Lord Nelson

The Doris Day Show

Tiger

The Brady Bunch

Tramp

My Three Sons

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today"

McDonald's

"Don't leave home without it"

American Express

"It's the real thing"

Coke

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Alka Seltzer

"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman"

Secret

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

Nicole Kidman/Tom Cruise

Cindy Crawford/Richard Gere

Ellen DeGeneris/Anne Heche

Hugh Grant/Elizabeth Hurley

Bonus:

Hugh Grant

"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

a1mamacat

#14 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Vandal wrote:
Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22
June 8, 2021

Decades!
Spoiler
CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business
Mr. Kitty
Princess Carolyn
Talking Cat

TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers
Bojack Horseman
Rick and Morty
South Park

1960s

Dogs:
Duke
Lord Nelson
Tiger
Tramp

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch …Tiger (mutt)
The Beverly Hillbillies ..Duke (bloodhound)
The Doris Day Show…Lord Nelson
My Three Sons..Tramp ( old English sheep dog)

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" McDonald’s
"It's the real thing" Coke

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship. ….Joel and Brinkley

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together…… Ellen Degenerous and somebody

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points) the guy who messed around with Devine Brown.

Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

mrkelley23

#15 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:41 pm

Vandal
Jamboree 2021 - Unit 22
June 8, 2021

Decades!

CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business South Park
Mr. Kitty Rick and Morty
Princess Carolyn Bob’s Burgers
Talking Cat Bojack Horseman

TV Shows:

1960s

Dogs:
Duke The Beverly Hillbillies
Lord Nelson The Doris Day Show
Tiger The Brady Bunch
Tramp My Three Sons

TV Shows:

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"You deserve a break today" McDonald's
"It's the real thing" Coca-Cola
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" Alka-Seltzer

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella, before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship. Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. Ellen Degeneres and Anne Heche

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. Hugh Grant and Liz Hurley

Bonus:
To which of the celebrities above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points) Hugh Grant

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mellytu74

#16 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Decades!
Spoiler
CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:
Mr. Business - Bob’s Burgers
Mr. Kitty - South Park
Princess Carolyn - BoJack Horseman
Talking Cat - Rick and Morty

1960s

Dogs:
Tiger - The Brady Bunch
Tramp - My Three Sons

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

"It's the real thing" - Coca-Cola
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" - Secret deodorant

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

TOM CRUISE AND NICOLE KIDMAN

RICHARD GERE AND CINDY CRAWFORD

ANNE HECHE AND ELLEN DEGENERES

HUGH GRANT AND ELIZABETH HURLEY

Bonus:

HUGH GRANT

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:00 pm

Spoiler
Decades!

CATS & DOGS
2010s

Cats:

TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers - Princess Carolyn
Bojack Horseman - Talking Cat
Rick and Morty - Mr. Kitty
South Park - Mr. Business

1960s

Dogs:

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch - Tiger
My Three Sons - Tramp

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN
1970s

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella, before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year. Julia Roberts and Kiefer Sutherland

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. Ellen DeGeneres and Anne Heche

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley

Bonus:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 am

Always have been allergic to cats.
TV Shows:
Bob’s Burgers -- Princess Carolyn
Bojack Horseman -- Mr. Kitty
Rick and Morty -- Mr. Business
South Park-- Talking Cat

TV Shows:
The Brady Bunch -- Tiger
The Beverly Hillbillies -- Tramp
The Doris Day Show -- Lord Nelson
My Three Sons -- Duke

"You deserve a break today" -- McDonalds
"Don't leave home without it" -- American Express
"It's the real thing" -- Coca-Cola
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" -- Alka Seltzer
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" -- Secret

A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella, before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman

This dashing couple was married from 1991 to 1995. They met at a barbecue at the home of the photographer Herb Ritts when she was 21. She went on to become the capital-S of supermodels in the '90s, and has said that success (and their 16-year age difference) put a wedge in the relationship. Cindy Crawford and Billy Joel

The same year an actress (and future talk show host) came out on the cover of Time in 1997, she started dating an actress after meeting at a Vanity Fair Oscars party. They became one of the most famous openly gay couples in Hollywood, but sadly split after three and a half years together. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia Rossi

No relationship is without its up and downs, and this rule certainly applies to the 13-year relationship between this English couple . The two started dating in 1987 and in 1995, he famously ran into a little trouble with someone named Divine Brown. Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley

Bonus:
--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#19 Post by Vandal » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Answers/points:

CATS & DOGS

Mr. Kitty, South Park
Talking Cat, Rick and Morty
Princess Carolyn, Bojack Horseman
Mr. Business, Bob’s Burgers

Tiger - The Brady Bunch
Tramp - My Three Sons

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

1970s
Name the product or company behnd each of these commercial taglines:
"You deserve a break today" (McDonald's)
"Don't leave home without it" (American Express)
"It's the real thing" (Coca-Cola)
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" (Alka-Seltzer)
"Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" (Secret Deodorant)

LOVE & MARRIAGE
1990s

Name each of these couples (two points each):

A Hollywood power couple first met in 1989 while filming a movie together, got married on Christmas Eve, 1990, and adopted two children, Connor and Isabella before splitting in 2001. She won the Best Actress Oscar the following year.
Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise

Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford

Ellen DeGeneres and Anne Heche

Hugh Grant and Elizabeth Hurley

Bonus:
To which of the men above did Jay Leno famously ask, "What the hell were you thinking?!" (five points)
Hugh Grant

melly ~~ 39

panic ~~ 37
tbone ~~ 35
earendel ~~ 34
esto ~~ 33
wbtravis ~~ 33
peahen ~~ 32
mrkelley ~~ 31
sss ~~ 29
lb ~~ 29
tangredi ~~ 29
mikehardware ~~ 28
krox ~~ 28
sprots ~~ 25
Bob#s ~~ 24
saucy ~~ 24
jarnon ~~ 20
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster