Anyone Having Trouble Posting Tooned In Answers

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Anyone Having Trouble Posting Tooned In Answers

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:06 am

Separate the first part of the quiz from the rest and put them in different replies. For some reason, that works...

Edited: Just don't copy/paste the questions... or at least, erase the "Kill moose and squirrel" line...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Anyone Having Trouble Posting Tooned In Answers

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 27, 2021 3:27 am

OK, I played around with this a bit because I'm genuinely curious as to what's causing the ISE for this with some people.

Using preview (which also generates the ISE when the conditions are right), I posted my full set of answers, and then kept whittling down as much as I could while still getting the error screen.

There are no spoilers in this, so feel free to read even if you haven't played yet...

The triggers are mainly in the first question: Their main nemesis often said "Kill moose and squirrel" (1959) Apparently, putting KILL, any character or characters, and the word AND, while those are all set inside of quotation marks, will trigger something that when two sets of parentheses that contain any characters follow anywhere in the post. I'm still trying to figure out how the hyphen (or in fact, any other character) can be used to break up the sequence. The final part of the trigger for me was on the Thundarr question where I stated in parentheses that my answer was a 50/50 guess... and thus why I could post the answers separately but not together. Curiously enough, I did the same thing on the earlier Quailman question, but it didn't seem to affect the error coming up...

Edit: Never mind, I checked it again, any all of my parenthetical answers were triggers. Apparently, the hyphens and my lack of parentheticals were enough to allow the first part to post on its own...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Thu May 27, 2021 4:14 am

I changed "Kill" to "K i l l" to see if it helps.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Thu May 27, 2021 5:04 am

Spoiler
This was bugging me, too. I suspected there was an invisible character at the end of one of the first four lines. I tried various combinations and used the preview button to see whether or not the error was generated

Entered each of these lines alone, and finally all together:

Code: Select all

Their main nemesis often said "Kill moose and squirrel" (1959)

Steven Spielberg created these characters (one blue, one pink) and sent them to Acme Looniversity (1990)

A high-strung chihuahua with a German accent and a large, dumb cat of indeterminate variety (1991)

They were a cat wearing a trenchcoat and a deerstalker hat and a mouse wearing a trenchcoat and a fedora and they ran a detective agency (1959)
Result: No Error x5

Added one answer at a time, until I got to:

Rocky & Bullwinkle

Steven Spielberg created these characters (one blue, one pink) and sent them to Acme Looniversity (1990)
Pinky & the Brain

A high-strung chihuahua with a German accent and a large, dumb cat of indeterminate variety (1991)
Ren&Stimpy (but properly spaced)

They were a cat wearing a trenchcoat and a deerstalker hat and a mouse wearing a trenchcoat and a fedora and they ran a detective agency (1959)
ADDING THE REN & STIMPY RESPONSE CAUSED THE ERROR. IIRC, I removed it and added my last response and it worked again.

Finally, I tried the whole set, which failed, but then spaced out "kill" as "k i l l" and it worked again. WTF?

By the way, I tested a few of these in THIS thread, not the game thread, so it has nothing to do with that thread, either.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:17 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:04 am
Spoiler
This was bugging me, too. I suspected there was an invisible character at the end of one of the first four lines. I tried various combinations and used the preview button to see whether or not the error was generated

Entered each of these lines alone, and finally all together:

Result: No Error x5

Added one answer at a time, until I got to:

Rocky & Bullwinkle

Pinky & the Brain

Ren&Stimpy (but properly spaced)

ADDING THE REN & STIMPY RESPONSE CAUSED THE ERROR. IIRC, I removed it and added my last response and it worked again.

Finally, I tried the whole set, which failed, but then spaced out "kill" as "k i l l" and it worked again. WTF?

By the way, I tested a few of these in THIS thread, not the game thread, so it has nothing to do with that thread, either.
Spoiler
It's the word "Ren." Anything else there doesn't cause the error. I inadvertently avoided that issue by bolding it. Really weird...
lb13