HBO Max With Ads Is Coming

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

HBO Max With Ads Is Coming

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 20, 2021 10:41 am

Warner announced this week that they will begin offering a new version of HBO Max next month at a reduced price. The new service, tentatively titled HBO Max With Ads, will cost $10 a month as opposed to $15 for their premium service. At $15 a month, HBO Max is considerably more expensive than Hulu, Peacock Premium, Disney Plus, or Paramount Plus, and slightly more expensive than Netflix. Warner claims that there will be fewer ads than on any competing ad-supported service. One way they plan to do it is by adding a feature so that if someone pauses a program, a billboard-style ad appears on the screen. It's unclear whether ads will just appear on TV episodes or on feature films as well. Hulu and Paramount Plus have a single ad at the beginning of a movie but none following, but free services like Crackle and Tubi have ads every ten or fifteen minutes during movies.

The new HBO Max will offer all the HBO Max programming with one big exception. The Warner 2021 theatrical releases will not be available on the cheaper version. This includes upcoming films like In the Heights, Space Jam, Suicide Squad, The Many Saints of Newark (the Sopranos prequel), Matrix 4, and King Richard (Will Smith as Serena and Venus Williams' father). Dune was supposed to be part of the HBO Max release package, but it now appears that Warner will offer it exclusively to theaters for some period of time.

Warner also announced that some of its HBO Max programming will later be made available on TNT and TBS (same corporate ownership). The first season of The Flight Attendant with Kelly Cuoco will air on TBS in 2022.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: HBO Max With Ads Is Coming

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 20, 2021 10:50 am

I get it for free through my Comcast/Xfinity service. Many other cable companies offer that too.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: HBO Max With Ads Is Coming

#3 Post by Estonut » Fri May 21, 2021 12:17 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:41 am
The first season of The Flight Attendant with Kelly Cuoco will air on TBS in 2022.
Any relation to Kaley?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx