NBC Fall Schedule Announced

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19063
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm

An entire night of Law and Order to go with an entire night of Chicago. Dick Wolf will be busy (he's also got three FBI shows on CBS). There are no sitcoms on the schedule either. Saturday night is repeats and Sunday night in the fall is NFL football. This Is Us, Kenan, Young Rock, and Mr. Mayor will be back at midseason. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, Manifest, Debris, and Good Girls are still in limbo and some of them may be back midseason. (NBC will need four hours of Sunday night programming after the first of the year.

Monday

8:00 The Voice
10:00 Ordinary Joe

Tuesday

8:00 The Voice
9:00 La Brea
10:00 New Amsterdam

Wednesday

8:00 Chicago Med
9:00 Chicago Fire
10:00 Chicago PD

Thursday

8:00 Law and Order for the Defense
9:00 Law and Order SVU
10:00 Law and Order Organized Crime

Friday

8:00 The Blacklist
9:00 Dateline

Ordinary Joe is about a man (James Wolk) who makes a key career decision in his life. The show follows each of three possible career lines he might have chosen (cop, doctor, entertainer). The concept is similar to the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow.

La Brea sounds like Lost set in downtown Los Angeles. A massive sinkhole traps a group of strangers in a "mysterious and dangerous primeval land." They have to work together to figure out how to get home.

Law and Order For the Defense focuses on a defense firm that handles significant cases. No word on casting yet.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19849
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:45 am

I assume that Season 6 of This Is Us will return midseason. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Ritterskoop
Posts: 5480
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat May 15, 2021 7:48 am

The sixth and final season of This Is Us will run 18 weeks straight, when it returns.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13168
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#4 Post by earendel » Sun May 16, 2021 12:23 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm
An entire night of Law and Order to go with an entire night of Chicago. Dick Wolf will be busy (he's also got three FBI shows on CBS). There are no sitcoms on the schedule either. Saturday night is repeats and Sunday night in the fall is NFL football. This Is Us, Kenan, Young Rock, and Mr. Mayor will be back at midseason. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, Manifest, Debris, and Good Girls are still in limbo and some of them may be back midseason. (NBC will need four hours of Sunday night programming after the first of the year.

Monday

8:00 The Voice
10:00 Ordinary Joe

Tuesday

8:00 The Voice
9:00 La Brea
10:00 New Amsterdam

Wednesday

8:00 Chicago Med
9:00 Chicago Fire
10:00 Chicago PD

Thursday

8:00 Law and Order for the Defense
9:00 Law and Order SVU
10:00 Law and Order Organized Crime

Friday

8:00 The Blacklist
9:00 Dateline

Ordinary Joe is about a man (James Wolk) who makes a key career decision in his life. The show follows each of three possible career lines he might have chosen (cop, doctor, entertainer). The concept is similar to the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow.

La Brea sounds like Lost set in downtown Los Angeles. A massive sinkhole traps a group of strangers in a "mysterious and dangerous primeval land." They have to work together to figure out how to get home.

Law and Order For the Defense focuses on a defense firm that handles significant cases. No word on casting yet.
The only NBC program I watch is "Debris" - evidently it didn't make the cut.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19063
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 27, 2021 10:25 pm

earendel wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:23 pm
The only NBC program I watch is "Debris" - evidently it didn't make the cut.
Debris has now been officially canceled. The word is that Good Girls may wind up on Netflix and Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist on Peacock. Manifest is also up in the air, but it's likely to be canceled. If so, I'm guessing they may film a wrap-up episode or movie to finish the storyline.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19063
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 pm

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist has now been officially canceled by NBC. There were rumors that it would move to Peacock but that did not happen. Peacock has ordered a "Ted" series, featuring Seth McFarlane as the R-rated voice of a live teddy bear. No word on who the human actors would be in the series (I doubt they will get Mark Wahlberg who starred in the two movies).

No word yet from NBC on the fate of Good Girls (which returns later this month) or Manifest, which had its season finale tonight. Manifest ended on a huge cliffhanger with lots of unanswered questions. If NBC pulls the plug without resolution, they will have a lot of upset fans on their hands.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13168
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#7 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:54 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 pm
No word yet from NBC on the fate of Good Girls (which returns later this month) or Manifest, which had its season finale tonight. Manifest ended on a huge cliffhanger with lots of unanswered questions. If NBC pulls the plug without resolution, they will have a lot of upset fans on their hands.
Networks have a habit of doing this - Debris on NBC this season, for example. I suppose they don't worry about outraged fans because the shows are being cancelled due to low ratings.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6801
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am

Zoey AND Manifest cancelled?

NBC is dead to me.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19063
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am
Zoey AND Manifest cancelled?

NBC is dead to me.
Zoey has been canceled. There is no decision yet on Manifest as to whether or in what form (regular season, two-hour movie finale, or Peacock series) it might return.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6801
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#10 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:01 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 am
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:26 am
Zoey AND Manifest cancelled?

NBC is dead to me.
Zoey has been canceled. There is no decision yet on Manifest as to whether or in what form (regular season, two-hour movie finale, or Peacock series) it might return.
It doesn't sound promising, though, according to what I've read. A 2-hour movie is better than nothing, but there's a WHOLE lot of 'splainin' left to do. Especially when they're only 3 years into a storyline that showrunners had created to last as many as 6 seasons. Sounds like a 2-hour wrapup would be rushed and chaotic. However, abandoning things with that massive a cliffhanger without any resolution is just plain cruel. Zoey had more story to tell, but the season, now series, finale, at least ended with a major bit of closure, with the characters in a decent place.

No wrapup on Manifest will draw folks further into the arms of Netflix and the like. I know I have about had it with investing time in ongoing mystery-driven shows and other continuing storylines only to never have those issues never resolved. And I have no interest in another night of shows in the "Chicago" franchise or "Law and Order: Traffic Court". Traditional Network TV is total crap imo. There's a reason the streamers are getting all the Emmy love.


I would check out La Brea and maybe even Ordinary Joe, but twenty times bitten,.......
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19063
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Manifest has now officially been canceled. Fans are mounting social media campaigns to find a new home but it doesn't look promising.

Also, Megan Boone, who plays Elizabeth Keene (who may or may not be Raymond Reddington's daughter) on Blacklist, will be leaving the show at the end of this season. The season finale is this Friday. The decision was made several months ago to allow the writers a chance to come up with an exit strategy for her character. No one is saying this, but I wouldn't bet on her being alive at the end of the episode.

This sort of announcement is fairly unusual, because normally, when a major character leaves a show in a surprising manner, the producers try to keep it a secret so as not to spoil the audience surprise. However, this is being widely announced on entertainment media three days before the show airs.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19063
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:44 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 pm
Manifest has now officially been canceled. Fans are mounting social media campaigns to find a new home but it doesn't look promising.

Also, Megan Boone, who plays Elizabeth Keene (who may or may not be Raymond Reddington's daughter) on Blacklist, will be leaving the show at the end of this season. The season finale is this Friday. The decision was made several months ago to allow the writers a chance to come up with an exit strategy for her character. No one is saying this, but I wouldn't bet on her being alive at the end of the episode.

This sort of announcement is fairly unusual, because normally, when a major character leaves a show in a surprising manner, the producers try to keep it a secret so as not to spoil the audience surprise. However, this is being widely announced on entertainment media three days before the show airs.
The Blacklist has changed dates and times from what was originally planned. Instead of a two-part finale this Friday, the last two new episodes of the season will air tonight and next Wednesday night at 10:00.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6801
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

Re: NBC Fall Schedule Announced

#13 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:28 am

The cancellation of Manifest on that massive a cliffhanger is the last straw. I will no longer invest my time in a serialized show, especially one with a big mystery or mysteries at its core. There is very little left on the networks that I give a crap about. I watch all the DC Universe superhero shows, but they're saturating the schedule now, and each new series raises the level of angst and over the top hand wringing to the point it would be more at home following Days of Our Lives than on a prime time schedule. The newest, Superman and Lois, is close to unwatchable, even to a superhero enthusiast such as myself. The characters are one step away from an episode in which they appear on the Dr. Phil show.

Other than those, I still watch The Simpsons and Survivor, and a couple of the game shows if I'm in the mood. I did watch Young Rock and Kenan, which were renewed, to return next spring I assume,
but I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were to be cancelled.

NBC...in the immortal words of the fabulous Ms. Peahen...BITE ME.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Post Reply