The Arizona recount

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24441
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

The Arizona recount

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 06, 2021 10:21 am

News Break wrote:Arizona Republicans are struggling to figure out new reasons to throw out some of the ballots cast for President Joe Biden.

The Republican Party was given all of the ballots where the absence of accountability could even allow GOP "auditors" to change votes and alter any paperwork without anyone knowing.

So-called auditors have now started photographing ballots. The excuse is that there might be bamboo used in the paper, which they think could indicate "Asians" flew ballots over to Arizona filled out for Biden to throw the election.

"There are accusations of 40,000 ballots were flown in, OK?" said one supervisor.

"Into Arizona?" the reporters asked.

"Into Arizona," the man explains. "And it was stuffed into the box, OK? And it came from the southeast part of the world. Asia, OK? And what they're doing is to find out is if there's bamboo in the paper. That camera right there that they take a picture of the ballot..."

The video returned with MSNBC host Rachel Maddow having an internal crack-up.

"They came over from the southeast part of the world, and they put it in the box," she said with a chuckle. "There you go. Trump's president! They're looking for bamboo in the ballots because Trump is secretly president because China or maybe just Asia made bamboo ballots and flew them to Arizona, and they can find them with a camera. They have to use the camera on all of the ballots. The Republican Party is on the verge of kicking out some of its house leadership because of insufficient loyalty to Trump. Donald Trump is now the animating focus of the Republican Party right now because of their absolute outrage he's not allowed back on to social media to keep promoting the idea he secretly won the election."

And that belief hinges now on bamboo.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arizona recount

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 am

Of course, under evidentiary laws regarding chain of custody, those ballots are now permanently tainted as far as use in any future legal proceeding, regardless of what this audit "finds." But if, as I suspect, they turn out to reveal a substantial miscount, Republicans from now till doomsday will claim that this is the proof they need that the election was rigged.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: The Arizona recount

#3 Post by Estonut » Sun May 09, 2021 1:13 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 am
Of course, under evidentiary laws regarding chain of custody, those ballots are now permanently tainted as far as use in any future legal proceeding, regardless of what this audit "finds." But if, as I suspect, they turn out to reveal a substantial miscount, Republicans from now till doomsday will claim that this is the proof they need that the election was rigged.
Interesting that you're suddenly concerned about chain of custody issues AFTER the election...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20232
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: The Arizona recount

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:14 am

Estonut wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:13 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 am
Of course, under evidentiary laws regarding chain of custody, those ballots are now permanently tainted as far as use in any future legal proceeding, regardless of what this audit "finds." But if, as I suspect, they turn out to reveal a substantial miscount, Republicans from now till doomsday will claim that this is the proof they need that the election was rigged.
Interesting that you're suddenly concerned about chain of custody issues AFTER the election...
There was literally no evidence of a break in chain of custody between the time the ballots were cast and the time they were counted. Given that the counting process was livestreamed, that lack of evidence is in fact evidence of absence.

The problem is that a large fraction of the Republican base believes that the very fact that Donny lost is itself evidence that the election must have been rigged. Which means that the Republican Party, as an institution, is now incapable of respecting election results that go against it. Which in turn means that the Republican Party, as an institution, must never again have political power. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: The Arizona recount

#5 Post by Estonut » Mon May 10, 2021 6:04 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:14 am
Estonut wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:13 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 am
Of course, under evidentiary laws regarding chain of custody, those ballots are now permanently tainted as far as use in any future legal proceeding, regardless of what this audit "finds." But if, as I suspect, they turn out to reveal a substantial miscount, Republicans from now till doomsday will claim that this is the proof they need that the election was rigged.
Interesting that you're suddenly concerned about chain of custody issues AFTER the election...
There was literally no evidence of a break in chain of custody between the time the ballots were cast and the time they were counted. Given that the counting process was livestreamed, that lack of evidence is in fact evidence of absence.

The problem is that a large fraction of the Republican base believes that the very fact that Donny lost is itself evidence that the election must have been rigged. Which means that the Republican Party, as an institution, is now incapable of respecting election results that go against it. Which in turn means that the Republican Party, as an institution, must never again have political power.
Weren't you one of those who staunchly defended Christine Blasey Ford statements about her near recollections about Kavanagh as evidence? There were hundreds of people, many impartial, who submitted affidavits describing election irregularities, yet none were heard in court. Some of those described chain of custody breaches. Rejections based on technicalities does not constitute lack of evidence.

If you are so certain that the election was on the up-and-up, can you explain why your party continues to vehemently oppose any and all audits? If I were so sure about the results, I'd say, "bring it on!," with appropriate witnesses.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arizona recount

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 10, 2021 8:07 am

Estonut wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:04 am
There were hundreds of people, many impartial, who submitted affidavits describing election irregularities, yet none were heard in court. Some of those described chain of custody breaches. Rejections based on technicalities does not constitute lack of evidence.

If you are so certain that the election was on the up-and-up, can you explain why your party continues to vehemently oppose any and all audits? If I were so sure about the results, I'd say, "bring it on!," with appropriate witnesses.
Trump supporters filed over 50 lawsuits challenging the results in various courts. They didn't win any of them. Many of these were decided by independent and Republican judges. The problem with the affidavits was that in many cases they were based on hearsay or that they didn't understand the way that the election counting process worked. In fact, many of the Republican "observers" tried to engage in intimidation tactics of their own, surrounding vote counters and trying to badger them. It's pretty much the same thing that Krox mentioned in his post.

Here in Georgia, there was an audit conducted by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, of about 10% of the mail-in ballots in one of Georgia's most populous counties (nearly 15,000 ballots). Two questionable ballots were found, one by a man who signed for his wife and one who signed on the outside of the envelope instead of the inside.

There's another point here. Democrats could just as easily introduced affidavits of "irregularities" in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and other states that voted for Trump by relatively small margins. They didn't because this would be frivolous silliness. And why hasn't any Republican answered the question of how Trump lost when many Republican elected officials won in those same states. Here in Georgia, David Perdue finished ahead of Jon Ossoff in the regular Senate election by nearly 90,000 votes, while Biden beat Trump by over 10,000 votes. So, apparently, Democrats were too stupid to rig the ballots in the Senate race while they were rigging the Presidential vote.

The Arizona "audit" isn't an audit by any legal understanding of the term. It's a secret procedure being conducted by a biased organization under standards that are unspecified.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20232
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: The Arizona recount

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:22 am

Estonut wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:04 am
If you are so certain that the election was on the up-and-up, can you explain why your party continues to vehemently oppose any and all audits? If I were so sure about the results, I'd say, "bring it on!," with appropriate witnesses.
So you think we should continue to publicly investigate Justice Kavanaugh, again and again, while you say "Bring it on!" with appropriate witnesses? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24441
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: The Arizona recount

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 pm

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: The Arizona recount

#9 Post by Estonut » Tue May 11, 2021 8:05 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:22 am
Estonut wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:04 am
If you are so certain that the election was on the up-and-up, can you explain why your party continues to vehemently oppose any and all audits? If I were so sure about the results, I'd say, "bring it on!," with appropriate witnesses.
So you think we should continue to publicly investigate Justice Kavanaugh, again and again, while you say "Bring it on!" with appropriate witnesses? --Bob
Are you really a lawyer? Do you use this kind of "logic?"

I never said that I'm sure Kavanaugh didn't do it. I only said that I didn't believe CBF and what little "evidence" she "remembered." Especially when her statements that are verifiable were all discounted by her "witnesses."

I'd sure like to see Tara Reade testify in court. She's a far better witness.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19749
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arizona recount

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:36 pm

Cyber Ninjas, the firm behind the audit in Arizona's Maricopa County, says it's closing and letting all its employees go
Cyber Ninjas, the Florida company behind the 2020 election audit in Maricopa County, Arizona, said it was closing and letting all its staff go as it faces staggering daily fines for refusing to turn over public records related to the audit. A judge in Arizona said on Thursday that Cyber Ninjas would be fined $50,000 a day if it did not immediately turn over the records, The Associated Press reported.

Jack Wilenchik, a lawyer for Cyber Ninjas, told the judge, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge John Hannah, that the company was insolvent, that it had fired all its employees, including CEO Doug Logan, and that it could no longer afford to go through records to find information related to the audit, the AP reported. A spokesperson for Logan told Jen Fifield, a reporter for The Arizona Republic, that the attorney referred to Logan as a "former CEO" because Cyber Ninjas was closing. "All employees have been let go and the company is being closed," the spokesperson told Fifield.

Cyber Ninjas made headlines last year when it was tapped to conduct the GOP-led audit of votes cast in Maricopa County in the 2020 presidential election. During the audit, it was revealed that Logan — a "Stop the Steal" supporter who has touted election conspiracy theories favoring former President Donald Trump — starred in a film alleging the CIA was behind election misinformation. The audit results, released in September, confirmed Joe Biden's win and found 261 fewer votes for Trump. Arizona GOP officials also testified to Congress in October that Biden won a "free, fair, and accurate" election, calling lawmakers unwilling to accept the results a "threat to our democracy." As of Friday, the Cyber Ninjas website was still up, offering services including "ethical hacking" and "general consulting."
So, to sum up, this company charges the state of Arizona several million dollars to conduct a secret audit that violated just about every rule of ethical auditing, and they wind up proving that Joe Biden won the election by an even bigger margin than originally counted. Then they close up shop because they can't pay their bills and can't pay a court-ordered fine or turn over public records. I wonder if an audit of this company's finances will show that a lot of that money wound up in the pockets of the CEO.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply