It Was Almost Like God Highlighted That Tree

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

It Was Almost Like God Highlighted That Tree

#1 Post by Spock » Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 pm

I was planting corn the other evening and caught a perfect sunset through the branches of a smallish tree on the west property line. In retrospect, I don't think that Moses' burning bush could have been shining any brighter-It was that bright.

Yesterday, dad noticed that the neighbors had cut that tree down. They are doing a lot of brush cleaning and so forth and this tree went down. I looked this morning and yep it was gone. Per Dad-that was a good thing

Suckiest part of my profession is watching fellow farmers (including my dad) draining and clearing every possible inch they can-yet never being able to say anything about it.

Damn farmers with their large equipment consider it to much of a hassle to have to turn around.

A friend told us about an upcoming large clearing project that he will be doing on land next to mine-while I can't do anything about it-that one will hurt and there is nothing wrong with the farm the way it is-except he doesn't want to turn his equipment around so he is turning it into one big field. It is much more interesting the way it is-but few farmers think the way I do.

Last spring, Dad pushed down a patch of special wild plums that the Spocklette and I had found. His excuse was he didn't know. Well, I had told him-but he didn't listen.