Good luck to Kroxquo's daughter

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Good luck to Kroxquo's daughter

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:01 pm

The election in which Kroxquo's daughter is running is tomorrow. Good luck to her. I'll be interested to learn the result. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

kroxquo

Re: Good luck to Kroxquo's daughter

#2 Post by kroxquo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Thanks Bob. I am in Texas to help man the polls for her tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

kroxquo

#3 Post by kroxquo » Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm

Final results are in. Janneke lost her race to the Republican incumbent 3,183 to 1,671. Turnout for the race was about 10% (typical for local elections from what I am told). Janneke was a political new comer and held her own. She was also followed and harassed by Proud Boys who were friends of the incumbent during the campaign. I worked as a volunteer at one of the polling sites and was lied to and told by someone at her opponent's tent that I could not electioneer outsided the voting place even beyond the 100 foot perimeter. While she was at another polling place, Janneke was called a bitch, flipped off, harassed by her opponent and his supporters, prevented from talking to voters by being interrupted. Her opponent in his victory posting said that it showed "overwhelming support to keep Round Rock family-friendly and pro law enforcement." This despite the fact that during Round Rock's ice storm disaster, Janneke personally worked to get families whose apartments had been ruined from getting evicted while her opponent said it was "not the City Council's problem." (actual quote). And also Janneke never discussed being anti law enforcement.

She has learned a great deal about politics and how to run a campaign. She will be back.

I am very proud of her.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:23 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Final results are in. Janneke lost her race to the Republican incumbent 3,183 to 1,671. Turnout for the race was about 10% (typical for local elections from what I am told). Janneke was a political new comer and held her own. She was also followed and harassed by Proud Boys who were friends of the incumbent during the campaign. I worked as a volunteer at one of the polling sites and was lied to and told by someone at her opponent's tent that I could not electioneer outsided the voting place even beyond the 100 foot perimeter. While she was at another polling place, Janneke was called a bitch, flipped off, harassed by her opponent and his supporters, prevented from talking to voters by being interrupted. Her opponent in his victory posting said that it showed "overwhelming support to keep Round Rock family-friendly and pro law enforcement." This despite the fact that during Round Rock's ice storm disaster, Janneke personally worked to get families whose apartments had been ruined from getting evicted while her opponent said it was "not the City Council's problem." (actual quote). And also Janneke never discussed being anti law enforcement.

She has learned a great deal about politics and how to run a campaign. She will be back.

I am very proud of her.
Good. She has my number. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun May 02, 2021 9:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your daughter's loss there, but she fought the good fight.

Funny how the stuff you described aren't the sorts of election irregularities that Republicans are concerned about.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Mon May 03, 2021 6:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:23 pm
Sorry to hear about your daughter's loss there, but she fought the good fight.

Funny how the stuff you described aren't the sorts of election irregularities that Republicans are concerned about.
What makes you say that? If what Krox is is saying, and I have no reason to believe it is not, I find it completely inappropriate, as inappropriate as what Maxine Waters instructed folks to do, and they did, to Trump staffers and cabinet members. It was wrong then and it is wrong now.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson