Tucker Carlson is insane

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Tucker Carlson is insane

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:44 pm

“Next time you see someone in a mask on the sidewalk or on a bike pad, do not hesitate. Ask politely but firmly, ‘would you please take off your mask?’ Science shows there’s no reason for you to be wearing it. Your mask is making me uncomfortable. We should do that, and we should keep doing it until wearing a mask outside is roughly and socially accepted as lighting a Marlboro on an elevator. It’s repulsive! Don’t do it around other people. That’s the message we should send cause it’s true. As for forcing children to wear masks outside, that should be illegal. Your response when you see children wearing masks as they play should be no different from your response to seeing someone beat a kid in Walmart. Call the police immediately. Contact child protective services. Keep calling until someone arrives. What you’re looking at is abuse, it’s child abuse, and you’re morally obligated to attempt to prevent it.”
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ne1410s

Re: Tucker Carlson is insane

#2 Post by ne1410s » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Dog bites man.
Dewey took Manila.
Sun rose in east.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:02 pm

Gotta agree on this.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:12 pm

I watched part of it and thought "sarcasm"? But, no. It's reverse Karenism, so...
Well, then

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:02 pm
Gotta agree on this.
I gotta disagree. He makes much sense. More sense than wearing a mask during a Zoom meeting with international leaders who not only are 1,000s of miles away, but only electronically present.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:46 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Gotta agree on this.
I gotta disagree. He makes much sense. More sense than wearing a mask during a Zoom meeting with international leaders who not only are 1,000s of miles away, but only electronically present.
I, for one, think it's extremely rude to risk giving someone else a computer virus. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:13 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Gotta agree on this.
I, for one, think it's extremely rude to risk giving someone else a computer virus. --Bob
Unfortunately, that may be what other world leaders think Biden may have been concerned about. They certainly didn't think he was exhibiting any kind of leadership or intelligence. Might as well have put on a clown nose or jester hat. He should have been wearing a seat belt as well.

Meanwhile, Texas' 7-day average of newly confirmed cases continues to fall as does active hospitalizations, 7 full weeks after removing the state mask mandate.

If people are getting sick, it is not from being outside without a mask. It could be that their lungs can't expel the virus as the body is designed to do because it gets trapped in the mask being worn and is continually re-inhaled. This makes as much sense as anything else, IMO.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:42 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:34 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Unfortunately, that may be what other world leaders think Biden may have been concerned about. They certainly didn't think he was exhibiting any kind of leadership or intelligence. Might as well have put on a clown nose or jester hat. He should have been wearing a seat belt as well.

Meanwhile, Texas' 7-day average of newly confirmed cases continues to fall as does active hospitalizations, 7 full weeks after removing the state mask mandate.

If people are getting sick, it is not from being outside without a mask. It could be that their lungs can't expel the virus as the body is designed to do because it gets trapped in the mask being worn and is continually re-inhaled. This makes as much sense as anything else, IMO.
Do you really think President Biden was the only person in his physical room? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

franktangredi

#9 Post by franktangredi » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Gotta agree on this.
So you think it "makes much sense" to call 911 if you see someone putting a mask on their kid?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm

My point is specifically Carlson. Why would you use same tactics as opponents and overblow those who choose to wear masks. Maybe there's immune system, whatever, probs. MOST peeps are using common sense. Child abuse? Please. Our granddaughter and soccer team mostly don't wear masks. Some kids do. I DON'T CARE.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:45 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Unfortunately, that may be what other world leaders think Biden may have been concerned about. They certainly didn't think he was exhibiting any kind of leadership or intelligence.

If people are getting sick, it is not from being outside without a mask.
Masks don't protect the people who wear them from getting sick. They protect other people from getting sick who are around you. Presidents are supposed to set examples, which is why Trump's continued defiance of mask wearing was a poor example for the American public, especially those who tended to follow him.

I'm not sure what the details were on Biden's appearance at the conference with other world leaders. But if there were other people in close proximity to him when he delivered his remarks (camera operators, aides, translators, etc.), then what he was doing was showing proper concern for their safety.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:58 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:42 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Do you really think President Biden was the only person in his physical room? --Bob
He's vaccinated. I assume the person holding up the cue cards was, too.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm

franktangredi wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Gotta agree on this.
So you think it "makes much sense" to call 911 if you see someone putting a mask on their kid?
You're a writer. I'm sure you know what hyperbole is. Probably will score big points in Scrabble, too. :)
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:02 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm
franktangredi wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

You're a writer. I'm sure you know what hyperbole is. Probably will score big points in Scrabble, too. :)
Sorry. His delivery needs to improve if it's hyperbole. He should have a better handle on sarcasm. Or snark. Or wack. Just sayin.
Well, then

mrkelley23

#15 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Gotta agree on this.
Do you think it's possible that Biden was trying to set an example for other Americans who might be observing him? After all, any time any prominent Democrat is photographed without a mask, conservative media immediately act like the sky is falling.

As to your point about masks, what little data there are tends to contradict you as far as mask efficacy. I realize we can debate about how useful they are outside, but even CDC has removed that recommendation. Is it possible that the decline in new cases in Texas is because of a combination of people getting vaccinated and continued awareness of social distancing and personal hygiene, even if such things aren't mandated?

Our superintendent gave the State of the Schools speech yesterday, and I found one piece of information very interesting. Ina "normal" year, we (our school system, counting students staff, etc) would have around 1100 cases of the flu during flu season. That's even thought every person in our system can get a free flu shot at their convenience. This year, we had 5. Something is working, anyway. I know that it appears flu and Covid are spread in different ways, but still.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

franktangredi

#16 Post by franktangredi » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

As a writer, I do know what hyperbole is. As a writer, I also know what it ain't.

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:16 am

Beebs52 wrote:
My point is specifically Carlson. Why would you use same tactics as opponents and overblow those who choose to wear masks. Maybe there's immune system, whatever, probs. MOST peeps are using common sense. Child abuse? Please. Our granddaughter and soccer team mostly don't wear masks. Some kids do. I DON'T CARE.
Agreed. I hate it when we stoop to that level.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire