This was here in The Woodlands

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

This was here in The Woodlands

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Well, then

BackInTex

Re: This was here in The Woodlands

#2 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:00 pm

I'm thinking the guy was in the driver's seat and not really hanging on good, nor belted in and he over accelerated due to inexperience in the car. I road in a Tesla for the first time last week. The owner, and driver, is not a fully grown 55 year-old man, at least maturity wise. His business partner, my consultant, says he is a little boy when it comes to big boy toys. Anyway, that thing is scary fast. The acceleration I can only compare to Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, or maybe an aircraft carrier catapult.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:08 pm

I had seen that earlier and noticed "Woodlands" and thought of you.

I have made no secret of my disdain for and fear of "self-driving" cars. It is one of my big soapbox things.

It struck me yesterday that we label them wrong to call them "Self-driving" cars when in reality, they are "System-Driven" cars.

I can think of no better way for TPTB (whoever they might be) to instantly deny transportation to a population than to speed the transition to "System-Driven" cars. Pretty easy to flip the switch and shut off transportation in a time of civil unrest or war or whatever.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Supposedly no one was in the drivers seat, only passenger and back.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Also wonder about the time of the drive, 11:30 pm...do you think a couple of "pops" could have been involved?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:46 pm

Tesla says the car did not have the self-driving feature, and if it did it couldn't have been engaged, and if it was couldn't have exceeded the speed limit.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.