got my 2nd vaccination

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

got my 2nd vaccination

#1 Post by earendel » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 am

Got it on Monday, Moderna. I had a strong reaction to the first shot and had heard that there might be a stronger reaction to the second one. And they were right. But all's good now.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

mrkelley23

Re: got my 2nd vaccination

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:47 am

One hypothesis is that the stronger your reaction to the shot, the better your immune system is at fighting corona viruses. I"m hoping so, because I had pretty strong reactions both times, too.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:30 am

I got my first Moderna shot on April 1, the day I became eligible here in California. My upper arm and neck were a little sore for a couple of days, but that was it. My appointment for my second shot is already booked for April 29. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Yeah!!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

jaybee

#5 Post by jaybee » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:04 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:47 am
One hypothesis is that the stronger your reaction to the shot, the better your immune system is at fighting corona viruses. I"m hoping so, because I had pretty strong reactions both times, too.
Then I'm screwed. I had no reaction to either my first or second Pfizer shot. (Well, When I woke up the morning after getting my 2nd shot, it felt like I'd gone swimming the day before and had snorted in some water in my sinuses. But as soon as I stood up that feeling was gone). No arm pain, no tiredness, no fever - nothing. Worked all day the day after the 2nd shot, paddled in a kayak race that evening (came in first, set a record time for the year). So no, nothing.

Mrs. Jaybee had a mild fever and some tiredness after the 2nd shot. Nothing after the first.

We are assuming that it's working anyway.
Jaybee

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:22 pm

jaybee wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:04 pm
mrkelley23 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:47 am
Then I'm screwed. I had no reaction to either my first or second Pfizer shot. (Well, When I woke up the morning after getting my 2nd shot, it felt like I'd gone swimming the day before and had snorted in some water in my sinuses. But as soon as I stood up that feeling was gone). No arm pain, no tiredness, no fever - nothing. Worked all day the day after the 2nd shot, paddled in a kayak race that evening (came in first, set a record time for the year). So no, nothing.

Mrs. Jaybee had a mild fever and some tiredness after the 2nd shot. Nothing after the first.

We are assuming that it's working anyway.
With virtually no reaction -- just a little arm pain with the first one -- I'm hoping that I'm protected. But there's plenty to worry about. Seems a shame to worry about what should be a good thing.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#7 Post by Vandal » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:03 pm

My wife and I joined the Pfizer 2 club this morning.

No issues so far.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

mrkelley23

#8 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:14 pm

I'm sorry -- I should clarify my original comment. The hypothesis is that people who have HAD Covid before might have stronger reactions to the vaccine. Since I had it in Dec./January, I expected my reaction to be fairly significant, and it was.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Spock

#9 Post by Spock » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:02 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:14 pm
I'm sorry -- I should clarify my original comment. The hypothesis is that people who have HAD Covid before might have stronger reactions to the vaccine. Since I had it in Dec./January, I expected my reaction to be fairly significant, and it was.
In the interest of science-"Fairly Significant" reactions should be reported to VAERS- The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/index.html

kroxquo

#10 Post by kroxquo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:23 am

I had Covid back in January and received an infusion treatment because of pre existing conditions (only time I've ever been thankful I'm so fat). I Gott the J & J shot two weeks ago and had no reaction at all.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

mrkelley23

#11 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:59 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:02 am
mrkelley23 wrote:
In the interest of science-"Fairly Significant" reactions should be reported to VAERS- The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

Thank you for the link. My understanding, though, is that VAERS should be reserved for much more significant adverse events than mine. I did not have to go to the hospital or anything; just slept for 21 out of 24 hours, and had a headache and chills. That's significant to me, but probably not in the whole scheme of things.

Appa23

#12 Post by Appa23 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:25 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:59 am
Spock wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:02 am
mrkelley23 wrote:

Thank you for the link. My understanding, though, is that VAERS should be reserved for much more significant adverse events than mine. I did not have to go to the hospital or anything; just slept for 21 out of 24 hours, and had a headache and chills. That's significant to me, but probably not in the whole scheme of things.
Thankful that my 2nd shot of Pfizer yesterday only resulted in slight arm pain, and I am a bit tired today( likely related to the fact that I had the shot in my right arm, and I sleep on my right side.)

I had hoped for superpowers due to genetic alteration from the vaccine, but no such luck.