Interesting Parking Observation

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Interesting Parking Observation

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:40 am

When I went to work at the Georgia Lottery, among the perks I got was a free MARTA card for train/bus service (I could choose either the card or free parking at a nearby lot downtown). So, I took the train from the station adjacent to a couple of major hospitals and doctor complexes every work day for about three years before the pandemic. There was free MARTA parking in the medical center parking lot. Typically, the main lot would be close to full when I arrived at about 8:30 or so. Occasionally, I would have to park in the overflow outdoor lot, if I was running a bit late. When the pandemic hit, I quit using MARTA and on the rare occasions I went to my office to work, I drove downtown.

Today, I went to the medical center to get some tests. Rather than pay for doctor's office parking for a few minutes to get blood drawn, I thought I would park in the MARTA lot. It was supposed to be limited for MARTA riders through a ticket stamping system, but it was never used in the three years I parked there so I was pretty sure no one would be checking. I got there about 9:30 this morning, and there were only about 20-25 cars in the lot. Some of them might have been freebie seekers like me as well. So, from this, I gathered that, one year plus into the pandemic, (1) people are still working from home instead of commuting downtown, and (2) people would rather drive downtown and deal with traffic hassles and pay for downtown parking than get on a MARTA train. From what I hear, a lot of downtown office businesses may never reopen at pre-pandemic capacity again.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

triviawayne

Re: Interesting Parking Observation

#2 Post by triviawayne » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:11 pm

My interesting parking observation is the larger or more expensive the vehicle, the less the ability of the driver to put it between the lines.

I really hope offices go out of style, never wanna see mine again.