TBone - The Masked Singer

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

TBone - The Masked Singer

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:38 am

TBone, I am sure this is not a show you do not watch (the guiltiest of guilty pleasures), but I vote you go back and see the three performances by The Russian Dolls. You'll love them, I promise.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: TBone - The Masked Singer

#2 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:26 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:38 am
TBone, I am sure this is not a show you do not watch (the guiltiest of guilty pleasures), but I vote you go back and see the three performances by The Russian Dolls. You'll love them, I promise.
OK, for you I will see about checking it out.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:32 am

Here I am thinking the subject title needed a spoiler.

To be clear, TBone isn't the Masked Singer, right?

I would watch that!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#4 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 am

Vandal wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:32 am
Here I am thinking the subject title needed a spoiler.

To be clear, TBone isn't the Masked Singer, right?

I would watch that!
If it were me, it would be more like, The Mute-Buttoned Singer.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:18 am

This show has been my favorite guilty pleasure for the past few years. Past winners are mostly respected singers (see below) but you have to wade through some dreck to get there. I love the notion of evaluating talent based solely on the talent and not the looks of the person. Donny Osmond and Gladys Knight were some of my favorite non-winners.

I pointed out The Russian Dolls to T-Bone because we have a shared appreciation for this act.
Spoiler
SPOILERS

T-Pain
Wayne Brady
Kandi Burruss
LeAnn Rimes
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:38 am
yeah seems pretty clear cut to me. How quickly did you know? I can be pretty dense sometimes but definitely didn't take me long here.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:57 am

Anyone who has heard this group spotted them immediately. Last night, one of the "judges" finally said their name out loud. Of the panel, this one (Nichole Scherzinger) and Robin Thicke seem to me to have the most relevant comments, because they are musicians. The other two are there for comedy (Ken Jeung) and pop culture narrative (what's-her-name who is, to be fair, occasionally funny).

The Russian Dolls should win, in my opinion, but there is only one female singer left in the top six after last night, and she could win - Black Swan, who they all seem to think is Jojo, who I don't know who that is. This show works best when the narrative is about redemption/comebacks, or a previously unknown talent.
--------

Ritterskoop

#8 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 am

The original group
Spoiler
Hanson
had three members, and this one on stage started with one and now is up to four, which is confusing the panel. But there is indeed a fourth
Spoiler
Hanson
brother, or one of their kids could be singing with them, or it could be someone who is not singing.
--------

Vandal
Director of Promos

#9 Post by Vandal » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:21 am

These Hansons would definitely confuse the panel:
Spoiler
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#10 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:43 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:57 am
Anyone who has heard this group spotted them immediately. Last night, one of the "judges" finally said their name out loud. Of the panel, this one (Nichole Scherzinger) and Robin Thicke seem to me to have the most relevant comments, because they are musicians. The other two are there for comedy (Ken Jeung) and pop culture narrative (what's-her-name who is, to be fair, occasionally funny).

The Russian Dolls should win, in my opinion, but there is only one female singer left in the top six after last night, and she could win - Black Swan, who they all seem to think is Jojo, who I don't know who that is. This show works best when the narrative is about redemption/comebacks, or a previously unknown talent.
I don't watch this show, but from what I saw in watching these clips, it seems like these "judges" deliberately come up with the most outlandish guesses they can imagine. Seriously, some of their guesses were completely asinine.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

#11 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:27 pm

They have given up calling them judges, and now use words like "panel" and "detectives".
--------

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#12 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:27 pm
They have given up calling them judges, and now use words like "panel" and "detectives".
:lol:

Columbo they ain't
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck