Car rams Capitol barricade, injuring 2 cops; suspect shot

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Car rams Capitol barricade, injuring 2 cops; suspect shot

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:26 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — A car has rammed a barricade outside the U.S. Capitol, injuring two Capitol Police officers and leading to a suspect being shot.

That's according to two law enforcement officials who spoke to The Associated Press on Friday on condition of anonymity as the event was unfolding.

Capitol Police say the incident happened at a checkpoint near the Capitol. It comes as the Washington region remains on edge months after a mob of armed insurrectionists stormed the U.S. Capitol as Congress was voting to certify Joe Biden’s presidential win.

The Capitol complex was placed on lockdown after the shooting, and staff were told they could not enter or exit buildings.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

Re: Car rams Capitol barricade, injuring 2 cops; suspect shot

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Suspect named: Noah Green

Facebook doesn't want you to know this but
he was a Nation of Islam devotee
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson