Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycM_d2-H8Go

"There I Was" cracks me up every time I watch it.

Plus the girl is trying so hard to keep from laughing in some of her segments.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:49 pm

That's supposed to be funny?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11458
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:09 pm

Um, really?
Well, then

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

#4 Post by Spock » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:27 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:49 pm
That's supposed to be funny?
You either get military humor or you don't. Even without serving I get (and love) military humor. There are a lot of other examples all over the internet.

The completely clean "Paratrooper' s Hymn" about a trooper whose chute failed to open might really get your panties in a wad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18

"Blood on the Risers (Gory, Gory what a Helluva Way to Die.)" Sung to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

"He ain't gonna jump no more."

"He hit the ground, the sound was splat-the blood went spurting high-intestines were a'dangling from this paratrooper's boots"

And yes-that is a real paratrooper song that has been around since WW2. I first saw it in a WW2 Paratroopers memoir.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11020
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

#5 Post by BackInTex » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Spock wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:27 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:49 pm
That's supposed to be funny?
You either get military humor or you don't. Even without serving I get (and love) military humor. There are a lot of other examples all over the internet.

The completely clean "Paratrooper' s Hymn" about a trooper whose chute failed to open might really get your panties in a wad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18

"Blood on the Risers (Gory, Gory what a Helluva Way to Die.)" Sung to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

"He ain't gonna jump no more."

"He hit the ground, the sound was splat-the blood went spurting high-intestines were a'dangling from this paratrooper's boots"

And yes-that is a real paratrooper song that has been around since WW2. I first saw it in a WW2 Paratroopers memoir.
I know lots of Marines, one or two current, and many former. I know them well enough they would probably be more offended by this than I am. I see this more like a dying gasp at "comedy" by a fired SNL writer. This was less funny (I didn't think it possible but yet there it is) and more demeaning to the men and women that serve or have served in the Marine Corps than anything SNL has put out in the last few years.

Are there some Marines that may be like this? Sure, but fortunately they are far and few between and they don't represent the Corps.

Spock, take it from me, it is not funny.
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

#6 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:20 am

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 pm
Spock wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:27 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:49 pm
That's supposed to be funny?
You either get military humor or you don't. Even without serving I get (and love) military humor. There are a lot of other examples all over the internet.

The completely clean "Paratrooper' s Hymn" about a trooper whose chute failed to open might really get your panties in a wad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18

"Blood on the Risers (Gory, Gory what a Helluva Way to Die.)" Sung to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

"He ain't gonna jump no more."

"He hit the ground, the sound was splat-the blood went spurting high-intestines were a'dangling from this paratrooper's boots"

And yes-that is a real paratrooper song that has been around since WW2. I first saw it in a WW2 Paratroopers memoir.
I know lots of Marines, one or two current, and many former. I know them well enough they would probably be more offended by this than I am. I see this more like a dying gasp at "comedy" by a fired SNL writer. This was less funny (I didn't think it possible but yet there it is) and more demeaning to the men and women that serve or have served in the Marine Corps than anything SNL has put out in the last few years.

Are there some Marines that may be like this? Sure, but fortunately they are far and few between and they don't represent the Corps.

Spock, take it from me, it is not funny.
There is all kinds of military humor out there. For some more over the top examples see the youtube commercials of the veteran owned "Black Rifle Coffee Company" which I recently posted an example of.

Also listen to at least the first couple minutes (preferably more) of this Vet TV Humor channel show. Warning-NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTrNxi3Uclw

"Inside Veterans TV Dark and Controversial Humor"

For good, clean military humor read George MacDonald Fraser's WW2 Memoir "Quartered Safe Out Here."

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Stuff* Marines Say In College -NSFW

#7 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:17 pm

Oh, and then there is Burma vet Brian Aldis's semi-autobiographical novel. "A Soldier Erect" described as "one of the most hilarious accounts of young male horniness ever committed to print. But it shifts to full-bore horror at the end when he gets into combat in Burma."

Post Reply