All y'all boycotting Jeopardy!?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

All y'all boycotting Jeopardy!?

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:08 pm

SteelersFan said he was ready to boycott Jeopardy! in solidarity with the other J! fans who object to Dr. Oz, but I said we would persevere and watch anyway. I might have taken it a little more seriously if it hadn't been for something on the History channel . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: All y'all boycotting Jeopardy!?

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Well, then

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Why boycott because someone believes something you don't, unless that belief turns into a low blow insult. That's why I boycotted the last two weeks. But I'm back.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 pm

I guess we need to boycott everything and anything with whom we have any possible disagreement on in anything anywhere ever. Especially when it involves something as fucking trivial as Jeopardy. Perhaps y'all can go hunker down in a bunker and watch squirrels mate.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:48 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 pm
I guess we need to boycott everything and anything with whom we have any possible disagreement on in anything anywhere ever. Especially when it involves something as fucking trivial as Jeopardy. Perhaps y'all can go hunker down in a bunker and watch squirrels mate.
Oh and Oprah much?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:11 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:08 pm
SteelersFan said he was ready to boycott Jeopardy! in solidarity with the other J! fans who object to Dr. Oz, but I said we would persevere and watch anyway. I might have taken it a little more seriously if it hadn't been for something on the History channel . . .
Couric is condescending and elitist; that's why I couldn't stand her hosting job.

Oz is getting better.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:48 am

I've read a bit about the Oz controversy, and I can understand why some people are upset that someone who touts "miracle cures" with little or no basis in fact is hosting a show based on fact. That said, I think he's done a good job so far - better than Katie Couric. She seemed a bit too animated, gushing over contestants' right answers for instance. Of the guest hosts so far, I'd have to put Ken Jennings at the top, Dr. Oz second (for now), Mike Richards third and Katie Couric last.,
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:02 pm

earendel wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:48 am
I've read a bit about the Oz controversy, and I can understand why some people are upset that someone who touts "miracle cures" with little or no basis in fact is hosting a show based on fact. That said, I think he's done a good job so far - better than Katie Couric. She seemed a bit too animated, gushing over contestants' right answers for instance. Of the guest hosts so far, I'd have to put Ken Jennings at the top, Dr. Oz second (for now), Mike Richards third and Katie Couric last.,
Emphasis added to the part that I understood to be the reason that folkses were boycotting.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller