RIP George Segal

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

RIP George Segal

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Star of Fun with Dick and Jane, Just Shoot Me, and The Goldbergs.

Age 87.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/george-seg ... 234720483/
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP George Segal

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm

In his prime, he was a perfect lead for light romantic comedies. I enjoyed Fun with Dick and Jane opposite Jane Fonda and a couple of offbeat roles: California Split, a very good gambling movie with Elliott Gould as a pair of compulsive gamblers, and Rollercoaster, a thriller in which he played an FBI agent on the trail of a bomber who targets amusement parks.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:59 pm

He was a great actor. My favorite Segal movie, and second place Redford movie (next to Butch Cassidy), is The Hot Rock. Bonus -- Zero Mostel!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

MarkBarrett

#4 Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:27 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm
In his prime, he was a perfect lead for light romantic comedies. I enjoyed Fun with Dick and Jane opposite Jane Fonda and a couple of offbeat roles: California Split, a very good gambling movie with Elliott Gould as a pair of compulsive gamblers, and Rollercoaster, a thriller in which he played an FBI agent on the trail of a bomber who targets amusement parks.
Rollercoaster is one of my favorite movies and seeing it in Sensurround easily surpassed for me seeing Star Wars in the summer of 1977.

George Segal was great in his role as regional amusement park safety inspector Harry Calder demonstrating he was smarter than the feds led by Richard Widmark. George Segal also got to act with Henry Fonda in that same movie.