Colorado peeps?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Colorado peeps?

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:36 pm

Have they checked in?
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

BackInTex

Re: Colorado peeps?

#2 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:28 pm

I don’t think any BBs live near Boulder.

Sprots is in Durango and Fanny in or near Colorado Springs.

My daughter lives in Thornton, about 18 miles from that particular store.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:28 pm
I don’t think any BBs live near Boulder.

Sprots is in Durango and Fanny in or near Colorado Springs.

My daughter lives in Thornton, about 18 miles from that particular store.
My younger granddaughter is in Longmont and safe.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:19 pm

Good to hear the girls are safe.

Horrible horrible tragedy.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:53 am

The ten victims were identified as Denny Stong, 20; Neven Stanisic, 23; Rikki Olds, 25; Tralona Bartkowiak, 49; Suzanne Fountain, 59; Eric Talley, 51; Teri Leiker, 51; Kevin Mahoney, 61; Lynn Murray, 62 and Jody Waters, 65.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Boulder’s assault weapons ban, meant to stop mass shootings, was blocked 10 days before the attack at a King Soopers grocery store.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:53 am
The ten victims were identified as Denny Stong, 20; Neven Stanisic, 23; Rikki Olds, 25; Tralona Bartkowiak, 49; Suzanne Fountain, 59; Eric Talley, 51; Teri Leiker, 51; Kevin Mahoney, 61; Lynn Murray, 62 and Jody Waters, 65.

Boulder’s assault weapons ban, meant to stop mass shootings, was blocked 10 days before the attack at a King Soopers grocery store.
Darn. If only the ban had been in place, the guy would have gone somewhere else, or not even done anything in the first place, because I'm sure laws matter to him. :roll:
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:16 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 am
Bob Juch wrote:

Darn. If only the ban had been in place, the guy would have gone somewhere else, or not even done anything in the first place, because I'm sure laws matter to him. :roll:
If the ban had been in place, someone might have called the police when they saw him walking around with an AR-15.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:28 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:16 am
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

If the ban had been in place, someone might have called the police when they saw him walking around with an AR-15.
Someone probably did call the police. my understanding is that the first fatality was an officer. Who wouldn't have been able to do much because Colorado is an open carry state so until the guy actually started shooting (or at least started openly threatening people), he wasn't doing anything illegal. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:28 am
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Someone probably did call the police. my understanding is that the first fatality was an officer. Who wouldn't have been able to do much because Colorado is an open carry state so until the guy actually started shooting (or at least started openly threatening people), he wasn't doing anything illegal. --Bob
Under Boulder's law that was canceled by the courts, it was illegal.

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
What are you saying was/is illegal? And was it or is it?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:03 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 am
Bob78164 wrote:
What are you saying was/is illegal? And was it or is it?
The weapon would have been illegal.
Denver Post wrote:The Boulder City Council in 2018 passed two ordinances banning the possession of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines in the wake of the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Flordia, that left 17 people dead.

The city defined large-capacity magazines as “any ammunition-feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.” The assault weapon ban includes certain pistols and semi-automatic rifles with pistol grips, a folding or telescoping stock, or any protruding grip that allows a weapon to be stabilized with the non-trigger hand.

The council created a permit system for people who owned such a gun prior to the ordinance, allowing them to legally keep the weapons. People breaking the ordinance could face fines of up to $1,000 and up to 90 days in jail.

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:18 pm
People breaking the ordinance could face fines of up to $1,000 and up to 90 days in jail.
I think the penalties for what Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa did are worse than $1,000 and 90 days in jail and yet he did it. I don't think banning citizens from having this type of weapon would have made any difference.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#13 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:21 pm

My Lakewood friend and all her family are safe. Her grandson works in a King Soopers in Arvada, well away from this particular incident.

It's my understanding that the first fatality was a young man who had just repaired a coffee machine for the in-store concession and was sitting in his car completing the follow-up.

We're all heartbroken and working for national gun safety legislation.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:53 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:21 pm
My Lakewood friend and all her family are safe. Her grandson works in a King Soopers in Arvada, well away from this particular incident.

It's my understanding that the first fatality was a young man who had just repaired a coffee machine for the in-store concession and was sitting in his car completing the follow-up.

We're all heartbroken and working for national gun safety legislation.
Ditto on horrific. Work on mental health legislation too.
Well, then