RIP Kent Taylor

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Kent Taylor

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/21/busi ... -dead.html

By Bryan Pietsch
March 21, 2021

Kent Taylor, the founder and chief executive of the Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain, died by suicide on Thursday after suffering from post-Covid-19 symptoms, the company and his family said in a statement. He was 65.

“After a battle with post-Covid-related symptoms, including severe tinnitus, Kent Taylor took his own life this week,” the statement said.

Mr. Taylor fought the condition, but “the suffering that greatly intensified in recent days became unbearable,” the statement said. It added that Mr. Taylor had recently committed to funding “a clinical study to help members of the military who also suffer with tinnitus,” which causes ringing and other noises in the ear.

His body was found in a field on his property near Louisville, Ky., the Kentucky State Police told The Louisville Courier-Journal. The State Police and the Oldham County coroner did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Sunday.

<more>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.