I'd Like to Know How They Did It

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

I'd Like to Know How They Did It

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:19 pm

On tonight's episode of Bull on CBS, a character mentions that he is a fan of the New Orleans Saints because he admires QB Drew Brees and adds that Brees is now retired. Considering that the episode was filmed some time ago and had been scheduled for over a week, either they were remarkably lucky or they did some really fancy editing to work in Brees' retirement (which was just announced Saturday). The character was a prospective jury member and was wearing a mask so my guess is that they dubbed in the new lines to replace whatever the actor said in the original version of the script.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

Re: I'd Like to Know How They Did It

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:20 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:19 pm
On tonight's episode of Bull on CBS, a character mentions that he is a fan of the New Orleans Saints because he admires QB Drew Brees and adds that Brees is now retired. Considering that the episode was filmed some time ago and had been scheduled for over a week, either they were remarkably lucky or they did some really fancy editing to work in Brees' retirement (which was just announced Saturday). The character was a prospective jury member and was wearing a mask so my guess is that they dubbed in the new lines to replace whatever the actor said in the original version of the script.
I thought I heard announcers talking about it at the end of the Saints/Bucs game?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

mrkelley23

#3 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:50 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:19 pm
I heard an interview with one of the actors from Superstore, which was one of the few shows to film and air in a real-life setting of 2020 pandemic. They asked about wearing masks all the time, and if that made it difficult. The actor (can't remember his name) responded that it was really easier, because they didn't have to worry about remembering lines, because they would just dub it in later. Must be similar to what they did with Alex Trebek on J!

Anyway, he also said he later learned that medical shows took advantage of this all the time, to the extent that when a surgery scene was being filmed, all the actors would just say "medicalmedicalmedicalmedical..." over and over again.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

SpacemanSpiff

#4 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:11 am

Now, if only Milli Vanilli could make a comeback in the time of COVID. No one could accuse them of lipsyncing!
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

mellytu74

#5 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:40 pm

I think it has to do with timing.

Tgirl is right. Brees announced his intentions right after the season ended.

He could not formally announce it before this week. March 13, 14 or 15 was the first "official day" of the NFL season. I cannot remember the exact day.

So, previously announced player transactions didn't become formal until the first official day.

For example, the Eagles traded Carson Wentz to Indianapolis a while back. But, for official purposes, the trade didn't happen/won't happen until after March 15.

So, the show had a head start on the Brees retirement.