Well, The First Flock of Bored Babies Turns 20 Today

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Well, The First Flock of Bored Babies Turns 20 Today

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:49 pm

The Spocklette turns 20 today. Her and macemace's daughter were conceived on the Bored (Old Joke, I Know, but I never get tired of it) in or about June 2000.

Some may remember me posting about my budding career as a real estate developer. I have been getting offers for the relevant portion of property #1 that are higher than I had expected. I do not have it listed, potential buyers have approached me.

Just found a potential Property #2. It fits the profile of Property #1. Mix of ag land with the possibility of selling a portion off for a house. Also, has a half mile of frontage on a very busy road between 2 high-amenity communities for long-term options.

Probably be making a verbal offer tonight contingent on financing.

tlynn78

Re: Well, The First Flock of Bored Babies Turns 20 Today

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Happy birthday, Spocklette!

And best wishes for your future as a land baron!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:39 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:52 pm
Happy birthday, Spocklette!

And best wishes for your future as a land baron!
Thanks. It was kind of funny tonight. I called the seller last night as yesterday was the first time we looked at the property. She said they were asking about $3,900 per acre. I don't believe in nickel and dime shit, so I decided last night that if I offered it was going to be $4,000 per acre.

She was (very) pleasantly surprised as a couple of other offers were apparently below their asking price, so she is on my side anyway.

I really like this property and I would not want to lose it over a few grand. The long-term potential is too great.

My competitive advantage is (as with property #1) that I am interested in the entire property-both the ag land and the attractive building site. Most of those interested in the building site for a house on a large acreage are psychologically (and financially) unprepared for the extra agricultural acreage.

Apparently, they have had several calls from people just interested in one aspect of the property or the other.

I have the freedom (equity) to do this because I bought land early in my farming career. I always tell my kids that if you want to buy land when you are 50 you have to buy land when you are 25.

I put Li'l Spock's name on the deed with us for Property #1 and the Spocklette's name will be included on #2 if it goes through.

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:12 pm

Happy Birthday and congratulations!

And keep those darn BB kids out of my yard. (Geeze, are we really that old - already?)
Jaybee

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:27 pm

I should add that Li'l Spock was the finder of Property #1. He had his eye on that baby for a year. At that time, we were working on trying to buy a different piece of land-that fell through.

It is so much fun to see how proud he is of "His" land. It has made a man of him.

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:20 am

Yesterday was a good day with the Spocklette also-landwise not just the birthday stuff.

We walked over and inspected part of "Her" land yesterday and she sat with me during the initial meeting with the banker.

I just put it together now that it was on her birthday, so that makes it even more special.

The inspection showed that there is a lot of junk to clean up. The sellers are the sisters of the old bachelor who died last fall. Apparently, he really liked to drink beer as there are beer cans all over the place.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:24 am

Consider the beer cans a hidden treasure.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:18 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:20 am
Yesterday was a good day with the Spocklette also-landwise not just the birthday stuff.

We walked over and inspected part of "Her" land yesterday and she sat with me during the initial meeting with the banker.

I just put it together now that it was on her birthday, so that makes it even more special.

The inspection showed that there is a lot of junk to clean up. The sellers are the sisters of the old bachelor who died last fall. Apparently, he really liked to drink beer as there are beer cans all over the place.
What a great thing to be sharing with your kids.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

#9 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:26 am

Verbal offer was accepted contingent on financing (on my side) and a right of first refusal that they will offer to the current renter of the farmland (as they should). Talked to banker quickly today and told her to start work on their end.

Spock

#10 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:45 am

Li'l Spock has a friend that really, really likes Property #1. Li'l Spock says that when the friend gets drunk he talks about his plans for the land.

Spock

#11 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:45 am

Li'l Spock has a friend that really, really likes Property #1. Li'l Spock says that when the friend gets drunk he talks about his plans for the land.

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Funny thing, Spock, I was just thinking about that the other day.

How she was in the stroller in Minneapolis.

I tell people that I am friends with a variety of people from across the country, from all political stripes. For more than 20 years. All brought together by a game show that we may or may not appeared on.

Amazing.