Baseball people making me mad

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

Baseball people making me mad

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:21 pm

They are going to experiment with minor-league baseball this year, requiring two infielders on each side of second base with both feet in the dirt (not the grass). They claim this will increase singles, but I want to know why they don’t just teach people to hit to the opposite side? If you can hit anywhere, the fielders will stay put!!! Makes me so mad.

Teaching them freaking launch angles so they can hit home runs is not what the game is supposed to be about. Base hits, that’s what it’s supposed to be about. And bunts. And steals. And get off my lawn.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Baseball people making me mad

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:08 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:21 pm
They are going to experiment with minor-league baseball this year, requiring two infielders on each side of second base with both feet in the dirt (not the grass). They claim this will increase singles, but I want to know why they don’t just teach people to hit to the opposite side? If you can hit anywhere, the fielders will stay put!!! Makes me so mad.

Teaching them freaking launch angles so they can hit home runs is not what the game is supposed to be about. Base hits, that’s what it’s supposed to be about. And bunts. And steals. And get off my lawn.
😀
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:38 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:54 am

Exactly how I feel about the three-pointer in basketball. Instead of being like Mike, everyone wants to be like Stepnen. Feh.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:

I agree with you about this but it looks like it won't be quite as bad as you might think. It will only be in AA games (not throughout the minor leagues) and the two-infielders-on-each-side-of-second-base rule will only be implemented, if at all, in the second half of the season.

Which might make it a little harder for statheads to translate minor league performances to projected major league statistics. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:19 am

Hate the infield rule. Hate the pickoff rule even worse. Trying to kill the market for lefties, I guess.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

eyégor
???????

#7 Post by eyégor » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:19 am
Hate the infield rule. Hate the pickoff rule even worse. Trying to kill the market for lefties, I guess.
There goes my dream to be the next Minnie Minoso

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:57 pm

The rule that extra innings start with a man on second base is still in effect in MLB this season. The first game of the year with Toronto vs the Yankees went to extra innings and the bonus runner for Toronto in the 10th inning scored the winning run for a 3-2 victory. Doubleheaders will also be seven innings this season as well. However, the universal DH rule will not be in effect and there will be 10 teams in the playoffs, as in past seasons before 2020.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com