Bosch Spinoff on IMDb TV

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Bosch Spinoff on IMDb TV

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 am

Amazon announced today that there will be a spinoff of its popular Bosch TV series, based on the novels by Michael Connelly. The original Bosch series will conclude after the upcoming seventh season this summer. The spinoff will feature Titus Welliver as Bosch teaming up with frequent guest star Mimi Rogers as attorney Honey Chandler, a successful plaintiff's attorney. Also back is Madison Lintz as Bosch's daughter. I've also heard (but no confirmation) that other popular characters from the original series like Jerry Edgar and Crate and Barrel will be on the new series. Titus Welliver and Michael Connelly are among the executive producers of the new show. No word yet on the title of the new series.

IMDb TV is an ad-supported service like Crackle or Tubi TV, which features a variety of movies and TV series, including a lot of older series from the 60s to 80s like I Dream of Jeannie, Columbo, Dallas, and The A-Team. You can watch it through any app that allows Amazon Prime, and there now is an IMDb TV app on the Roku. IMDb TV is also currently producing a reboot of Leverage (without Timothy Hutton but with Noah Wyle).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Bosch Spinoff on IMDb TV

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:53 am

Thx for the update. Bosch was one of our fave bingewatches.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:42 pm

Bosch: Legacy, the Bosch spinoff series, will premiere May 6 on Amazon Freevee, which is the new name for IMDB TV. It's free with commercials and available through Amazon video or most other devices. Bosch is now retired and working as a private investigator and goes to work for defense attorney Honey Chandler. Bosch's daughter Maddie is now a uniformed LAPD officer. Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers, and Madison Lintz reprise their roles from the original series. Unlike the original series, the first season of Bosch:Legacy isn't based on any particular Bosch novel(s). Michael Connelly developed this series and co-wrote the first and last episodes of the 10-episode first season. The series will be released two or three episodes a week throughout May.

The Lincoln Lawyer series will also premiere on Netflix May 13. Manuel Garcia-Rulfo will play the title character, Mickey Haller (played by Matthew McConaughey in the movie). This season will be 10 episodes as well and is based on the second Haller novel, The Brass Verdict.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:49 pm

I'm up to Season 3 in the original Bosch series on Prime Video. It's very well written and acted and it seems that everything Michael Connelly writes turns into gold. I also like how Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer have pretty much the same view of LA from their balconies.

Can't wait to finish the whole collection.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:05 pm

Vandal wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:49 pm
I'm up to Season 3 in the original Bosch series on Prime Video. It's very well written and acted and it seems that everything Michael Connelly writes turns into gold. I also like how Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer have pretty much the same view of LA from their balconies.

Can't wait to finish the whole collection.
Season 2 of Bosch Legacy begins October 20 on Freevee with four episodes that night and two additional episodes each week thereafter. It's a ten-episode season. In the Connelly books, Bosch and Mickey Haller (the Lincoln Lawyer) are half-brothers and get involved in each other's cases occasionally. In the novel that this season is based on, Bosch tries to prove Haller innocent of murder. Since Amazon doesn't own the rights to the Lincoln lawyer, I expect that aspect of the plot to be changed.

Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers, and Madison Lintz return, and they'll resolve last season's cliffhanger ending in the first episode. Others appearing this season include Jerry Edgar and Crate and Barrel.

Amazon Studios is planning two more Bosch spinoffs. One will feature Jerry Edgar, and the other will feature Renee Ballard. She's a new character in the books who's just showed up in the last five years and she partners up with a now-retired Bosch. Since Michael Connelly has aged the character in the same timeframe as new books have been published, Bosch is now in his 70s and needs someone younger to credibly handle the action sequences..

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:43 pm

Thx for bringing this back up. Got distracted back in the day. Will start watching
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:17 pm

We like Leverage: Redemption a lot. Haven't dug in to see what else is available on Freevee. The ads are not too bad, and they tell you how long they will be, which I always appreciate.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:47 pm

Watching. It's great.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:52 pm

I saw the first two episodes of Season 2 of Bosch: Legacy at a special theatrical screening tonight. If anything, this is even better than last season. These two episodes resolve the cliffhanger at the end of Season 1 and are self-contained, standalone episodes. Together, they would make an action/suspense movie that's better than most theatrical releases. Bosch's former partner, Jerry Edgar (Jamie Hector), from the original series has a major role in these two episodes, although it doesn't look like he'll be appearing in the remainder of the season. Two viewer favorites, Crate and Barrel, also show up briefly.

These two episodes will air Friday on Freevee.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:53 pm

Thx again for the heads up. Just watched 2 eps
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:03 pm

Bosch Legacy has been renewed for a third season on Freevee. For anyone who hasn't seen the second season, I strongly recommend it. The last episode featured the late Lance Reddick, who played the police chief on Bosch, in one of his final onscreen appearances. There are two big twists in the last few minutes, at least one of which will take next season in a different direction.

And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Amazon Prime is officially picking up a still-untitled 10-episode Renee Ballard series. The role has not been cast yet, nor is there any word whether TItus Welliver will put in an appearance on that series as Harry Bosch. In the books, the now-retired Bosch (who's over 70) is partnered with Ballard.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#12 Post by Vandal » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:03 pm

I finished season 2 and really liked it. One small nit, though. In the future can we put an end to
Spoiler
kidnapping Maddie. Twice should be the limit.
I look forward to season 3.

Also, I noticed that Titus Welliver got script credit for one of the episodes. Way to branch out!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster