The Chase

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

The Chase

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:26 pm

I was selected to move forward with Round 2 of testing. My Round 2 is in the morning at 11am EST.

If you are so inclined, I would appreciate your good thoughts.

I think they want players who have a legitimate shot at beating the Chasers so I I do think my chances are better than average.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

tlynn78

Re: The Chase

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:38 pm

SaWEET! appendages crossed!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Do it!!!!!!
Well, then

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:52 pm

Break a leg!

I wish I could say that more often.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:04 pm

Best vibes.

I gather this means that The Chase is coming back for another season since this week is the last show of the current season.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:46 am

This is exciting. Good luck!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:08 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:26 pm
I was selected to move forward with Round 2 of testing. My Round 2 is in the morning at 11am EST.

I think they want players who have a legitimate shot at beating the Chasers so I I do think my chances are better than average.
I'm scheduled to take the test next Monday. Any helpful suggestions?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:49 am

earendel wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:08 am
TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:26 pm

The same as for the BAM auditions have a great personality and a good story.

And for the second round, make sure your modem doesn't reboot in the middle. :roll: :cry:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

TheCalvinator24

#9 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:59 pm

I guess my chase is over. No call yesterday or today. They said those who don’t advance can try again if there is a Season 3.

Pretty sure I was the oldest person in my Round 2.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

TheCalvinator24

#10 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:04 pm

earendel wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:08 am
For Round 1:

Listen to the instructions and follow them.
Don’t do what I did, which was to continually correct my spelling/typing errors. I know I had at least one right answer not submit because I didn’t hit the button in time.
They will ask if anyone has any questions right before the test starts, but that’s the only time the hopefuls talk in round 1. Show as much personality as you can while listening to the person running things.

triviawayne

#11 Post by triviawayne » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:29 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:59 pm
I guess my chase is over. No call yesterday or today. They said those who don’t advance can try again if there is a Season 3.

Did they specifically say round 3 would be within 48 hours? They said in my second round it could be a while since they don’t know when the new season tapes

TheCalvinator24

#12 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:29 pm
TheCalvinator24 wrote:

Did they specifically say round 3 would be within 48 hours? They said in my second round it could be a while since they don’t know when the new season tapes
Our coordinator said calls would come “today or tomorrow”. But, I guess I’ll take some hope in what you are saying.

triviawayne

#13 Post by triviawayne » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:01 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 pm
triviawayne wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:29 pm
TheCalvinator24 wrote:

Our coordinator said calls would come “today or tomorrow”. But, I guess I’ll take some hope in what you are saying.
I'm not sure what to think. It would make way more sense for round 3 to come right away while all the people are fresh in the minds of the contestant coordinators.

I was a little annoyed by the round 2 audition. They seemed to want to talk to everyone besides me. They asked other people how they came up with their answers, multiple times, yet only did that once with me when I had a wrong answer. There were several times when I was waiting with a great story for how I knew something, and they never got to hear it.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:10 pm

I just watched last night's shows.
Spoiler
The first one had some incredibly tough questions; it's no wonder the contestants all failed. I'll bet that was the first show they taped, and later they made easier questions. The second show had much more reasonable questions. They did seem to be unbalanced in difficulty. The second contestant had harder ones.

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 am

I watched the first episode of the second season of The Chase last night. They have added the chaser from the British version of the show, a guy called "The Beast." He wasn't the designated chaser on this episode (Ken Jennings was), but he appears to be as obnoxious as Holzhauer. They have reduced the value of the questions that the contestants win in the opening round from $25,000 to $10,000 but to make up for it, they have increased what the chaser offers the contestants if they want to risk starting out with only a two-question cushion instead of the normal three. The three contestants were offered between $2 and $300,000 to try their luck. Despite this increased amount, no one tried it. In fact, one contestant asked for the lower amount, which was half of the money she had accumulated in the first round.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#16 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 am

I wouldn't stand a chance on this show. While I watch and it captures my interest, I find it somewhat disturbing that it is part of a growing number of game shows in which contestants battle their brains out for an hour and quite often, NOBODY goes home with ANYTHING. Adding insult to injury, they've lowered the prize money if they DO win. Raising the temptation offer is pretty worthless..has ANYONE ever bitten on the offer? Gotta be pretty arrogant or downright delusional to think you're going to win in that scenario against one of those trivia masters.

The Wall is another one. While on that one contestants go home more often with SOMETHING, I've seen several shows where they bomb out. Hard enough to watch a pair work so hard and get nothing, but the show ups the ante by telling you their heart-tugging backstory showing what wonderful people they are...then stomps all over their dreams.

I mean, gee whiz..nobody even gets a year's supply of Turtle Wax.

But I'm sure the shows' bean counters love the low-budget episodes.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#17 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:52 pm

Good points. I would never have been able to do what you all did back in the day cause I woulda melted down from nerves. But, yes, the disparity in time and just not going for it in the chase is hard to make it fun. I guess if I got a reasonable number right initially, I'd go for it if the chaser was wobbly earlier. But, meh.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:06 pm

This week was by far the best episode of The Chase. They even asked a now Curse of Tangredi question about the names of the Bidens' two dogs. Two of the three contestants were attorneys, one a small business attorney and former Jeopardy contestant, and one a federal appellate public defender.
Spoiler
All three contestants qualified for the final with 8, 9, and 10 correct answers and two of them went (and got) the higher amounts. Among the three of them, they only missed one question in the Chase round. They also barely beat Holzhauer in the final, who flubbed a couple of easy questions along the way. They wound up winning $660,000 split three ways. Needless to say, with the old amounts in place, this would have been over a million dollar win on their part.