RIP Brayden Smith

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Brayden Smith

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:24 pm

The final five-time 'Jeopardy!' champ during Alex Trebek's tenure has died at age 24

(CNN)The final five-time champion of "Jeopardy!" while Alex Trebek was still host died unexpectedly last week, according to a statement from his mother.

Brayden Smith, of Las Vegas, was 24 years old when he died on February 5. The family did not release the cause of death.
"We are so grateful that Brayden was able to live out his dream on @jeopardy," Smith's mother, Debbie, tweeted Friday morning.
Smith won $117,798 on the program, with his final appearance taking place in Alex Trebek's final week on the air. The shows were recorded in October and Trebek died of pancreatic cancer November 8.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/tv-shows ... index.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: RIP Brayden Smith

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:56 am

I just read an unconfirmed tweet saying that he died after surgery for pancreatic cancer.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:30 am

Very sad. I doubt it was pancreatic cancer or I would think the family would have made that public immediately to raise further awareness in honor of Alex and Brayden.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:16 am

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:30 am
Very sad. I doubt it was pancreatic cancer or I would think the family would have made that public immediately to raise further awareness in honor of Alex and Brayden.
I agree it's very sad news. And whenever someone that young dies unexpectedly without any previous indications that they had been ill, the public speculates on the cause. But he's a private person who just happened to win a few games on Jeopardy. If his family wants to release details, that's fine, but. if not, they are entitled to privacy. Speculation can't do anything but hurt the family at a time of grief.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat May 22, 2021 7:01 am

The family revealed last week that Smith died following surgery for an undisclosed condition. On Friday's episode of the Tournament of Champions, host Buzzy Cohen paid tribute to Smith and added that Smith's family had established a fund in his memory and that Jeopardy would be contributing to the fund.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com