Vaccine signup

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Vaccine signup

#101 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:14 am
a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:03 pm
Shocker!
Meaning?

Note that several Western European countries (among others) have suspended use of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
You mean the one that the FDA hasn't approved here? So much for the argument that the FDA was slow-rolling approvals to hurt Donny politically. --Bob
Gee, I am sorry that I have not kept up on all the approved vaccines because I have already had Covid and I don't need to worry about it.

However, it is major news that a previously approved vaccine has been pulled in Western Europe for safety reasons. It indicates that proper safety testing did not occur for at least one vaccine.

Not sure how much I trust vaccines that were developed at "Warp Speed" with minimal testing.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19733
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Vaccine signup

#102 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:06 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:14 am
Meaning?

Note that several Western European countries (among others) have suspended use of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
You mean the one that the FDA hasn't approved here? So much for the argument that the FDA was slow-rolling approvals to hurt Donny politically. --Bob
Gee, I am sorry that I have not kept up on all the approved vaccines because I have already had Covid and I don't need to worry about it.

However, it is major news that a previously approved vaccine has been pulled in Western Europe for safety reasons. It indicates that proper safety testing did not occur for at least one vaccine.

Not sure how much I trust vaccines that were developed at "Warp Speed" with minimal testing.
Look up the story of thalidomide. The FDA has a long and storied history of getting it right when Europe didn't.

But given the number of adverse events reported with the AstroZeneca vaccine, it's not at all clear that this is a genuine safety issue.

By the way, there appears to be some evidence that it's possible to be reinfected (presumably with one of the variants) after catching the disease, and that vaccination helps cut that down. But you do you. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Vaccine signup

#103 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Bob>>>"By the way, there appears to be some evidence that it's possible to be reinfected (presumably with one of the variants) after catching the disease, and that vaccination helps cut that down. But you do you. --Bob"<<<<

Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#104 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am


What part of "Several Western European Countries have suspended the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
What part of "This is why your government hasn't approved the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
Besides, I have already had Covid, so I have natural immunity (the best kind).

No need to even consider vaccination as I have already had the disease.
Having natural immunity may wear off. For that matter, so may the vaccine; it's too soon to tell.

People who have had long-lasting symptoms report they went away after being vaccinated.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Vaccine signup

#105 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:59 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am

What part of "This is why your government hasn't approved the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
Besides, I have already had Covid, so I have natural immunity (the best kind).

No need to even consider vaccination as I have already had the disease.
Having natural immunity may wear off. For that matter, so may the vaccine; it's too soon to tell.

People who have had long-lasting symptoms report they went away after being vaccinated.
To preserve your health, I encourage you to wear 2 masks for the rest of your life-including outdoors and while driving alone in your car.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19733
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Vaccine signup

#106 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:16 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Bob>>>"By the way, there appears to be some evidence that it's possible to be reinfected (presumably with one of the variants) after catching the disease, and that vaccination helps cut that down. But you do you. --Bob"<<<<

Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.
That's like refusing to wear a seat belt because you won't live in fear of getting into a traffic accident, particularly since your last accident was only a fender-bender. But again, you do you. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
mellytu74
Posts: 8827
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Vaccine signup

#107 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:33 pm

Our update:

First vaccine was Friday, February 26.

Reactions: Boonie, mild arm soreness for two days. Me, day-after blanket burrito for a while because of chills.

By Sunday, we were great.

Next vaccine is Friday, March 19.

We are treating ourselves to really nice seafood takeout for lunch and then for dinner to reheat. There's a local place - Conshohocken Seafood - that opened up a couple of months before the pandemic.

It's thrived because it's reasonable and implemented no-contact pickup and delivery from the get-go. It's on a main road with a good-sized lot for itself and nail place next door. Call when you are close, pull in, pick up and go. Glad to support a business we like to mark the occasion.
Last edited by mellytu74 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11458
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Vaccine signup

#108 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Second Pfizer yesterday. Today arms are sore and I feel like shit. Napped, gonna crash early. Oh and no appetite.
Well, then

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Vaccine signup

#109 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:16 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Bob>>>"By the way, there appears to be some evidence that it's possible to be reinfected (presumably with one of the variants) after catching the disease, and that vaccination helps cut that down. But you do you. --Bob"<<<<

Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.
That's like refusing to wear a seat belt because you won't live in fear of getting into a traffic accident, particularly since your last accident was only a fender-bender. But again, you do you. --Bob
As with the other Bob-I fully encourage you to do you and live in fear of a disease that has a median age of death of 83. Wear 2 masks for the rest of your life including while outside and while driving alone in your car.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18887
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#110 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.
Getting a vaccine is not "living in fear." But as usual, you're looking for evidence to confirm your political beliefs. Remember how you were crowing about herd immunity last summer, some 400,000 deaths ago. And a lot of them were under 83 years old.

I don't care if you're willing to endanger your life to prove your point. I do care that people like you have spent the last year endangering the lives of everyone else in this country by trying to prove their points.

And for a trip down memory lane, here's a scientific prediction from Spock that hasn't aged particularly well (not that any of his have):
Spock 5/13/20 wrote:The lockdowns and stay at home orders were never predicated on the assumption that the total number of cases would even decrease-it would just stretch the number out over time. Surely, by now, we can handle more cases-Obviously, we have plenty of ventilators and hospital space nationwide.

It seems that a modest increase in cases (possibly to be expected as restrictions ease) would be consistent with all the 'flattening the curve' graphs we saw 2 months ago. Or are we just supposed to drop those graphs down the memory hole? We need to start building up some herd immunity at some point.
Cumulative US deaths as of 5/13/20: 80,770
Cumulative US deaths as of 3/16/21: 549,019

A modest increase.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Vaccine signup

#111 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:12 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:36 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.
Getting a vaccine is not "living in fear." But as usual, you're looking for evidence to confirm your political beliefs. Remember how you were crowing about herd immunity last summer, some 400,000 deaths ago. And a lot of them were under 83 years old.

I don't care if you're willing to endanger your life to prove your point. I do care that people like you have spent the last year endangering the lives of everyone else in this country by trying to prove their points.

And for a trip down memory lane, here's a scientific prediction from Spock that hasn't aged particularly well (not that any of his have):
Spock 5/13/20 wrote:The lockdowns and stay at home orders were never predicated on the assumption that the total number of cases would even decrease-it would just stretch the number out over time. Surely, by now, we can handle more cases-Obviously, we have plenty of ventilators and hospital space nationwide.

It seems that a modest increase in cases (possibly to be expected as restrictions ease) would be consistent with all the 'flattening the curve' graphs we saw 2 months ago. Or are we just supposed to drop those graphs down the memory hole? We need to start building up some herd immunity at some point.
Cumulative US deaths as of 5/13/20: 80,770
Cumulative US deaths as of 3/16/21: 549,019

A modest increase.
Of people who were mostly in the last weeks or months of life. IE-they would have soon died anyway.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#112 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Bob>>>"By the way, there appears to be some evidence that it's possible to be reinfected (presumably with one of the variants) after catching the disease, and that vaccination helps cut that down. But you do you. --Bob"<<<<

Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.
⚕️The CDC does recommend vaccination even if you have previously tested positive for COVID-19.

⚕️You should wait at minimum until you have been asymptomatic for 3 days or phased out of recommended isolation period.

⚕️It is reasonable to delay vaccination up to 90 days after diagnosis, but there is no documented concern about receiving the vaccine earlier.

⚕️ Natural immunity seems to be less robust than vaccinated immunity, particularly outside that 90 window, which is why vaccination is still recommended.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: Vaccine signup

#113 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Bob>>>"By the way, there appears to be some evidence that it's possible to be reinfected (presumably with one of the variants) after catching the disease, and that vaccination helps cut that down. But you do you. --Bob"<<<<

Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.
⚕️The CDC does recommend vaccination even if you have previously tested positive for COVID-19.

⚕️You should wait at minimum until you have been asymptomatic for 3 days or phased out of recommended isolation period.

⚕️It is reasonable to delay vaccination up to 90 days after diagnosis, but there is no documented concern about receiving the vaccine earlier.

⚕️ Natural immunity seems to be less robust than vaccinated immunity, particularly outside that 90 window, which is why vaccination is still recommended.
.
Frankly, Dr. Bob-I don't give a damn.

I am not getting a shot that was rushed through at Warp Speed with minimal testing and neither will my children.

User avatar
eyégor
???????
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:26 am
Location: Trollsberg

Re: Vaccine signup

#114 Post by eyégor » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:04 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:45 pm
.
Frankly, Dr. Bob-I don't give a damn.

I am not getting a shot that was rushed through at Warp Speed with minimal testing and neither will my children.
I just will never understand the constant bored busting that occurs here all the time.

One thing I do know is yhat no one posting here is going to catch anything if Spock doesn't get vaccinated. He does raise legitimate concerns AND has already had Covid once. I believe that the fear of "Warp Speed" is mitigated by the fact that the real profit to be front loaded and screwing with the trial data may destroy the manufacturer (esp. a new company like Moderna) I also
believe the length of time it usually takes is mostly CYA in action.

Me? well, as you know the last 18 months for me have been interesting,but they did push me up the priority list with a bullet. In addition to all my woe I also have a cronic condition thal leaves me with so few white cells I have starting giving them individual names. So of course i'm vaccinated. But even if I wasn't, I would not hesitate to sit down and have a beer with him.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18887
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#115 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:48 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:12 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:36 pm
Cumulative US deaths as of 5/13/20: 80,770
Cumulative US deaths as of 3/16/21: 549,019

A modest increase.
Of people who were mostly in the last weeks or months of life. IE-they would have soon died anyway.
Another statistic that exists totally in your mind or that of the Sons of the Pioneers. Meanwhile, in the fact-based world, deaths are up by an excess of 555,000 over the last year. If COVID fatalities were simply moving the needle ahead a few weeks, there would be a dropoff from other causes in the last few months. That hasn't happened. And that's despite an actual decline in deaths in a couple of significant areas: automobile accidents and the flu. People are driving less, so traffic-related deaths are down. And the same social distancing and masking measures that are effective against COVID are also effective against the flu.

From the NY Times, 3/11/21:
Since March 2020, about 555,000 more Americans have died than would have in a normal year, a sign of the broad devastation wrought by the coronavirus pandemic.An analysis of mortality data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows how the pandemic is bringing with it unusual patterns of death, even higher than the official totals of deaths that have been directly linked to the virus.

Deaths nationwide were 21 percent higher than normal from March 15, 2020, to Feb. 13, 2021. Our numbers may be an undercount since recent death statistics are still being updated. Our analysis examines deaths from all causes — not just confirmed cases of coronavirus — beginning when the virus took hold in the United States last spring. That allows comparisons that do not depend on the accuracy of cause-of-death reporting, and includes deaths related to disruptions caused by the pandemic as well as the virus itself. Epidemiologists refer to fatalities in the gap between the observed and normal numbers of deaths as “excess deaths.”

Public health researchers use such methods to measure the impact of catastrophic events when official measures of mortality are flawed. As Covid-19 cases have spread across the country, the geographic patterns of abnormal mortality statistics have followed. Excess deaths have peaked three times, so far, as have deaths from Covid-19. There are now excess deaths in nearly every state, with surges in states like Arizona, Georgia, South Carolina, Virginia fueling record death tolls in recent weeks.

For comparison, around 600,000 Americans die from cancer in a normal year. The number of unusual deaths for this period is also higher than the typical number of annual deaths from Alzheimers, stroke or diabetes.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -toll.html
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19733
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Vaccine signup

#116 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:59 pm

Looks like we've finally located an issue where there's distance between Spock and Donny. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13121
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Vaccine signup

#117 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:26 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:12 pm
Of people who were mostly in the last weeks or months of life. IE-they would have soon died anyway.
How Scrooge-like. "If they would rather die, then let them do it and decrease the surplus population."

Forgive this rant, but that is about as callous a statement as I've heard in a while. One of my best friends just had a sister die from a combination of COVID-19 and pneumonia. She was only 58 years old and otherwise in good health. And another friend's mother died of COVID-19 just last week. Yes she was elderly, but she wasn't at death's door prior to the infection. If you haven't been touched by someone close to you dying from COVID-19, consider yourself lucky. As for me, although I had COVID-19 last year, I'm going to get vaccinated - not because I'm afraid of catching it again (a statistically unlikely possibility) but because I believe that it is best for society at large.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7119
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Vaccine signup

#118 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:27 am

eyégor wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:45 pm
.
Frankly, Dr. Bob-I don't give a damn.

I am not getting a shot that was rushed through at Warp Speed with minimal testing and neither will my children.
I just will never understand the constant bored busting that occurs here all the time.

One thing I do know is yhat no one posting here is going to catch anything if Spock doesn't get vaccinated. He does raise legitimate concerns AND has already had Covid once. I believe that the fear of "Warp Speed" is mitigated by the fact that the real profit to be front loaded and screwing with the trial data may destroy the manufacturer (esp. a new company like Moderna) I also
believe the length of time it usually takes is mostly CYA in action.

Me? well, as you know the last 18 months for me have been interesting,but they did push me up the priority list with a bullet. In addition to all my woe I also have a cronic condition thal leaves me with so few white cells I have starting giving them individual names. So of course i'm vaccinated. But even if I wasn't, I would not hesitate to sit down and have a beer with him.
C'mon, man. Don't you know if you don't lockstep you must be, at the very least, ineptly mocked?
Good to 'see' you, and I hope you've got your health issues under control.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#119 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:22 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:45 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Bob>>>"By the way, there appears to be some evidence that it's possible to be reinfected (presumably with one of the variants) after catching the disease, and that vaccination helps cut that down. But you do you. --Bob"<<<<

Sorry, I am not going to live in fear of a miniscule chance of reinfection. And, OMG, If I get it again, I might feel crappy and lose my appetite for a few days.
⚕️The CDC does recommend vaccination even if you have previously tested positive for COVID-19.

⚕️You should wait at minimum until you have been asymptomatic for 3 days or phased out of recommended isolation period.

⚕️It is reasonable to delay vaccination up to 90 days after diagnosis, but there is no documented concern about receiving the vaccine earlier.

⚕️ Natural immunity seems to be less robust than vaccinated immunity, particularly outside that 90 window, which is why vaccination is still recommended.
.
Frankly, Dr. Bob-I don't give a damn.

I am not getting a shot that was rushed through at Warp Speed with minimal testing and neither will my children.
Donald Trump is disappointed in you: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/16/worl ... trump.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18887
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#120 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Here's the latest information about the level of subsequent immunity for people who are infected with COVID and recover. This comes from Europe and is based on peer-reviewed, published findings there and not on the opinions of our resident infectious disease expert, Spock.

-- People who have been infected and recover are generally protected from catching the disease again for at least six months. However, the degree of protection is less for those over 65.

-- The study gives about 80% protection from reinfection overall for those previously infected, but about 47% for those over 65. The 80% figure is slightly higher than that from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, but considerably less than the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.

Although there will be future tests, both in Europe and here, getting reliable information may be more difficult as more people who were previously infected get vaccinated. Also unknown is the degree to which natural immunity lasts beyond that six-month period.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/17/covid-r ... finds.html
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
jaybee
Posts: 1810
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Vaccine signup

#121 Post by jaybee » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Circling this back around - Just got the word this morning that my youngest son will be getting his first shot tomorrow morning. That makes everyone in my immediate family with at least the first round. In order:

Oldest son - Got his second Moderna shot last Friday. He's front-line medical and active duty military so we figured he'd be eligible first. Currently he's in CA.
Middle son - Will get his second Pfizer shot next week. He's in CO where they have been including those who work in food stores and restaurants (he's both). He also teaches snowboarding, mostly to kids but I don't think that counts as teaching as it's all outside.
Me and the Mrs - Second Pfizer shot scheduled for 4/6. I'm 1C due to diabetes. She got in on the end-of-day overstock vaccine when I went earlier in the week.
Youngest son - Is a healthy 23 year old. He works on an Air Force base (private contractor, not military) and they have a clinic there that does vaccines. Around the first of the year they circulated a form for anyone who they could call if it looked like they will be having excess vaccine. He signed up for that and they called him this morning.
Jaybee

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#122 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:19 pm

I just made an appointment to get the vaccine. I had to search several sites to find someplace that had the vaccine and had open appointments. I finally found a Walmart in east Tucson with three openings on Saturday and many more the following weeks. I don't feel like I'm taking someone else's place. Walmart had had no vaccines the last time I checked, so maybe people gave up on them. This is the only one in the metro area with a supply. I'm going to have to drive 50 miles from here to that store.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#123 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:44 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:19 pm
I just made an appointment to get the vaccine. I had to search several sites to find someplace that had the vaccine and had open appointments. I finally found a Walmart in east Tucson with three openings on Saturday and many more the following weeks. I don't feel like I'm taking someone else's place. Walmart had had no vaccines the last time I checked, so maybe people gave up on them. This is the only one in the metro area with a supply. I'm going to have to drive 50 miles from here to that store.
I got worried because I haven't received a confirmation email or text, so I checked. They didn't have my appointment listed. So I made a new one. This time the Walmart just four miles away had many open appointments, so I made one for Tuesday early evening. That was a serendipitous error.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23790
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#124 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:37 am

AstraZeneca has admitted their vaccine does cause blood clots.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#125 Post by Vandal » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 am

My wife and I are both registered.

My son the teacher has an appointment at Gillette Stadium next Wednesday.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Coming in 2021: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Post Reply