Vaccine signup

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Vaccine signup

#76 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm
The 7-day average lines are obscuring that the cases are actually rising. Look closer.
What are you talking about? The 7-day average line IS the number to use to understand if the numbers are going up or down. The daily numbers fluctuate based on reporting, sometime up a bunch over the previous day because not all results were reported that previous day so you get 1.5 days of results reported after only 0.5 days results. But even if you're thick enough to just look at daily numbers you get the following from the last 10 days you get

Down
Down
UP
UP
Down
Down
UP
Down
Down
UP

They are going down more often than they are going up. I'm sure AZ has days that the numbers are higher than the previous day.

And active hospitalizations are continuing to fall. As are deaths.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

christie1111
11:11

#77 Post by christie1111 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:57 pm

I CT, they just opened up 55+ and teachers. Our governor has been doing a pretty good job on this.

My husband got his 1st one and both kids have had both doses due to their jobs.

I ( and Husband1111 have been looking since then, There have NO spots open with a notice saying no vaccine available. Well, you could get the J&J one but I was not interested.

Husband saw a newspaper article saying that the vaccines were being reallocated within the counties and dome moved to areas which had low rates pf vaccinations. Hard to get one if they are not available. He checked Sunday and there was a spot available tomorrow and after my husband gets home so he can take me.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

jarnon

#78 Post by jarnon » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:16 pm

I got an email from Montgomery County on February 25, saying I can sign up for an appointment. However, the sign-up website asked me to upload my Medicare card, and while I was scanning it, the website timed out and locked me out.

After several phone calls, I was able to register, and I got my first shot (Pfizer) today. So far I feel all right.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#79 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 am

My wife was notified she is now eligible though she is only 54 because of her being a teacher. She has not been planning on getting the vaccine, however I mentioned it may allow her to freely visit her mother in the memory care center she lives at. That may entice her to get it. That would be a reason for me to get it as well, that and should travel be restricted without. I wouldn't be getting it otherwise. And if I do, it will be Pfizer only. Too much fun to be had with my brother-in-law who was on the development team at Pfizer. I'll "develop" ticks, and spasms at Thanksgiving and other family events and blame him.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#80 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 am

I tried to find a place to get vaccinated now that we have a sufficient supply. I went to https://vaccinefinder.org/ and saw that all the pharmacies had vaccines and were taking appointments. However, when I went to all of the links, I found that no appointments were available. I will wait some more.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SpacemanSpiff

#81 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:33 pm

I got an email from the CDC/VAMS site, which must have drawn off of the Virginia Department of Health data.

They wanted me to sign up for a vaccine appointment, and gave options between Moderna (shot 1) and the J&J. I opted for the latter, and will get mine this Saturday morning.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

earendel

#82 Post by earendel » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:14 pm

My journey for vaccine registration has been...complicated. As a DoD employee I could register for the vaccine at a DoD site, but the closest one is at Ft. Knox, which is a bit too far for me to get to. So I went to my health care network to register, and received an email saying that due to the demand for vaccines, they were shunting me to the city/county health department. So I attempted to register there, but for some reason the system doesn't like my information, specifically my health care information (company name, policy number, group ID, etc.). I'm trying to call now and see if they can help me.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

jaybee

#83 Post by jaybee » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 pm

I certainly understand the complications. I became 1C eligible this past Monday morning. I had previously signed up on the waiting to be on the wait list through our health department, but did not have much faith that they would contact me when I was able to register (FYI, they still have not done that). So on Monday I went directly to my pharmacy - they directed me to register with the health department first. Then I tried the pharmacy at WalMart, where I learned that WalMart does not follow state guidelines, only federal guidelines. Currently at the national level, 1C is not able to register. So no vaccine love from WalMart - still not available to me from there.

But I got back on our health department site Monday evening and they had updated to allow 1C's to register. i reregistered and included my M.I. to make it a new listing. Got linked to a site map showing all places with openings. I have an appointment for 3:30 on next Monday to get shot. They are showing Pfizer on hand, not sure if that will be the case when I get there next week. I'll take whatever they have.
Jaybee

Bob Juch

#84 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:41 pm

The news just said that CVS had just added a store in Oro Valley (here) to those who were giving the vaccine. So I go to their website and see that every site in Arizona is fully booked. :roll: Governor Dooty lowered the minimum age to 55 today as well. :evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#85 Post by Vandal » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:27 am

My mom, age 90, is getting her second shot later this week near Boise, Idaho. She's looking forward to playing cards with her vaccinated friends.

Here in Mass, we're still waiting for the age limit to fall below its current 65. Nearby Rhode Island (where I work) has it down to 60.

My son already got his first round shot after getting selected randomly by the DoD. The Navy is vaccinating health care and emergency workers and making any remaining supplies available to the rest of us via lottery. I did not make the first round cut, but will have a second opportunity next week.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob Juch

#86 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:19 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:41 pm
The news just said that CVS had just added a store in Oro Valley (here) to those who were giving the vaccine. So I go to their website and see that every site in Arizona is fully booked. :roll: Governor Dooty lowered the minimum age to 55 today as well. :evil:
In addition, they're now letting "front line" workers get vaccinated. Those are waitstaff, grocery store workers, etc. It's going to be a while until they get a vaccine appointment.

ghostjmf

#87 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:19 am

Did I ever post here that after going through the PrepMod app that around 26 states are using, one of them Mass, I finally got my 1st shot last Saturday. In Worcester, 50 miles away. That same day, I think it was, Mass General, where all my doctors work, e-mailed me that they finally had vaccine for patients! I went to their site to see if I could schedule 2nd shot a little closer to home & the site said "no, get it where you got shot #1".

So I truck back to Worcester at the end of the month. Pfizer.

PrepMod in Mass gives you sites that have vax but no way to sign up for them, sites that they say have vax but don't when you try to sign up, & when you finally get in somewhere, the app times you out before you finish signing up.

And though the vax is free if you have no insurance, if you do have insurance they want you putting your ins #s in over & over. Its smarter to just lie & say "uninsured' so as not to get timed out.

And they wonder why people without cars & time to travel across the state are not getting vax.

A week after all this the state made their 211 phone signup available to all who qualify, not just people without computer access.

You have to give insurance info at the site anyway.

SpacemanSpiff

#88 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:29 pm

I got the J&J shot last Saturday (3/13). This was through the Richmond City/Henrico County Dept. of Health, and was held at the local NASCAR racetrack (which is often used for large gatherings, since they have massive exhibition halls and such.)

Logistically, it went very smooth. Lots of people making sure they got on site, parked in the right spot, got into the big hall where everything was being handled, etc. My "time" was 9:10 to 9:20, got in the line to park about 9:00. I was done and out (after waiting half an hour to make sure I wasn't going to grow a third arm or something) by 10:00.

Not too many side effects, Got through Saturday ok, but woke up very cold (but no fever) in the middle of the night. Put on a sweat suit, went back to bet, and woke up an hour later feeling fine. Sunday afternoon, I had a minor fever, took some aspirin and a nap, and two hours later I was ok.

Now I have my "official" card in my wallet, and am done, other than waiting for the two to three weeks to go bye.

(BTW, I understand that Virginia is now allowing vets to administer the vaccine. When they ask if you need your first or second shot, you're supposed to stomp your foot once or twice. :P )
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

jaybee

#89 Post by jaybee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:26 pm

Mrs. Jaybee and I got our first Pfizer shots this afternoon. So let's see, to add to what others are posting about their experience:

I had signed up for a spot, but at a couple of years younger and without diabetes like me, Mrs. Jaybee was not in the mix as yet. I deliberately found a Pfizer site and booked an end of the day timeslot as I'd heard more stories of the Pfizer spots looking for people at the end of the day to keep from tossing extra doses. So when we went through the line, I asked. They checked, they were going to have extra doses so they went ahead and shot her too. A great big relief for me (and her).

We did drive 30 miles one way.

A very easy and well run process, all in the car. We got there in time for my 3:30 -4:00 time slot and within 10 minutes I had my shot. We had to wait about 5 -10 extra minutes for them to fill out and process Mrs. Jaybee's paperwork. There was a mandatory 15 minute wait afterwards and then we were done.

Both of us are already scheduled for the 2nd shot in three weeks.

On edit: We had no requests for any type of insurance information.
Last edited by jaybee on Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaybee

Spock

#90 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Anybody that wants can have my spot in line. I will not be getting the vaccine and neither will my kids unless they are absolutely forced to get it through major life restrictions and so forth.

a1mamacat

#91 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:03 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:56 pm
Anybody that wants can have my spot in line. I will not be getting the vaccine and neither will my kids unless they are absolutely forced to get it through major life restrictions and so forth.
Shocker!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Spock

#92 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:14 am

a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:03 pm
Spock wrote:
Shocker!
Meaning?

Note that several Western European countries (among others) have suspended use of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Ritterskoop

#93 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:39 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:14 am
a1mamacat wrote:
Spock wrote:
Shocker!
Meaning?

Note that several Western European countries (among others) have suspended use of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
I took saucy's comment to mean, you have established yourself as someone who goes against US government positions fairly often, so it was predictable that you would do so on this policy. I am not speaking for her, of course, but I had the same reaction -- Oh, yes, if anyone is going to resist the COVID vaccine, it is spock. It means only that you have established your positions, and no one is surprised.

I appreciate that you are willing to allow your kids to get it if required. Do they all still live with you? That is obviously a personal question which you do not have to answer. It would simply illuminate your position a bit more, is all.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob Juch

#94 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:27 am

Spock wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:
Spock wrote:
Shocker!
Meaning?

This is why your government hasn't approved the AstraZeneca vaccine.

silverscreenselect

#95 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:38 am

Spock wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:
Spock wrote:
Shocker!
Meaning?

I take it that Spock is willing to die for his beliefs. I just hope that he has the decency not to take up valuable hospital space if he comes down with the virus and saves those beds for others who may have been infected by people who think like Spock.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#96 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:38 am
Spock wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:

Shocker!
Meaning?

I take it that Spock is willing to die for his beliefs. I just hope that he has the decency not to take up valuable hospital space if he comes down with the virus and saves those beds for others who may have been infected by people who think like Spock.
What part of "Several Western European Countries have suspended the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#97 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:00 am

Nancy just got her first this morning. Mine is scheduled for Sunday.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob Juch

#98 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am
Spock wrote:

Meaning?

What part of "Several Western European Countries have suspended the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
What part of "This is why your government hasn't approved the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?

Spock

#99 Post by Spock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am

What part of "This is why your government hasn't approved the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
Besides, I have already had Covid, so I have natural immunity (the best kind).

No need to even consider vaccination as I have already had the disease.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#100 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am

Spock wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:
Spock wrote:
Shocker!
Meaning?

You mean the one that the FDA hasn't approved here? So much for the argument that the FDA was slow-rolling approvals to hurt Donny politically. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson