Vaccine signup

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!
Posts: 20434
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: God's Country

Re: Vaccine signup

#126 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am


What part of "Several Western European Countries have suspended the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
What part of "This is why your government hasn't approved the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
Besides, I have already had Covid, so I have natural immunity (the best kind).

No need to even consider vaccination as I have already had the disease.
I would like to believe that having Covid confers immunity, but I don't. In addition to what's already been cited about recurrences, I can report that I've had a monster winter cold most years my whole life. I told my sis-in-law nurse that I should have immunity by now, but she said it doesn't work that way.

SteelersFan had painful shoulder stiffness almost a week after his second Pfizer shot. Apparently that's fairly common, and it's a small price to pay for confidence that we're both protected. We still wear masks per state regulations. But after not getting the usual monster cold this winter, I may do the mask/handwashing deal next winter too.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23862
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#127 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:05 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 am
Spock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:04 am

What part of "This is why your government hasn't approved the AstraZeneca vaccine" did you not understand?
Besides, I have already had Covid, so I have natural immunity (the best kind).

No need to even consider vaccination as I have already had the disease.
I would like to believe that having Covid confers immunity, but I don't. In addition to what's already been cited about recurrences, I can report that I've had a monster winter cold most years my whole life. I told my sis-in-law nurse that I should have immunity by now, but she said it doesn't work that way.

SteelersFan had painful shoulder stiffness almost a week after his second Pfizer shot. Apparently that's fairly common, and it's a small price to pay for confidence that we're both protected. We still wear masks per state regulations. But after not getting the usual monster cold this winter, I may do the mask/handwashing deal next winter too.
I'm afraid that we may have to get vaccinated yearly, just like for the flu. There's no way of telling how long the vaccine protects us and no way to know if it will protect against future mutations.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Vaccine signup

#128 Post by BackInTex » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm

The 7-day average lines are obscuring that the cases are actually rising. Look closer.
You still haven't explained your above observation. But here are the stats since Texas opened back up and stopped the mask mandate on March 10.

7-day average new cases down 4%:
3,019.7
2,953.9
3,007.1
3,020.7
3,049.1
3,099.6
3,176.0
3,308.9
3,412.4
3,112.7
2,927.3
2,880.6
2,891.9

Active hospitalizations are down 1,000 or 22%.
4,406.0
4,229.0
4,219.0
4,093.0
3,980.0
3,999.0
3,915.0
3,846.0
3,752.0
3,620.0
3,446.0
3,447.0

I expect a slight uptick in the next week due to Spring Break, but not something that builds a new curve.
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7139
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Vaccine signup

#129 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:19 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:14 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm

The 7-day average lines are obscuring that the cases are actually rising. Look closer.
You still haven't explained your above observation. But here are the stats since Texas opened back up and stopped the mask mandate on March 10.

7-day average new cases down 4%:
3,019.7
2,953.9
3,007.1
3,020.7
3,049.1
3,099.6
3,176.0
3,308.9
3,412.4
3,112.7
2,927.3
2,880.6
2,891.9

Active hospitalizations are down 1,000 or 22%.
4,406.0
4,229.0
4,219.0
4,093.0
3,980.0
3,999.0
3,915.0
3,846.0
3,752.0
3,620.0
3,446.0
3,447.0

I expect a slight uptick in the next week due to Spring Break, but not something that builds a new curve.

Well, Spring Break and all the new voters immigrants
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11547
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Vaccine signup

#130 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:05 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:19 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:14 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm

The 7-day average lines are obscuring that the cases are actually rising. Look closer.
You still haven't explained your above observation. But here are the stats since Texas opened back up and stopped the mask mandate on March 10.

7-day average new cases down 4%:
3,019.7
2,953.9
3,007.1
3,020.7
3,049.1
3,099.6
3,176.0
3,308.9
3,412.4
3,112.7
2,927.3
2,880.6
2,891.9

Active hospitalizations are down 1,000 or 22%.
4,406.0
4,229.0
4,219.0
4,093.0
3,980.0
3,999.0
3,915.0
3,846.0
3,752.0
3,620.0
3,446.0
3,447.0

I expect a slight uptick in the next week due to Spring Break, but not something that builds a new curve.

Well, Spring Break and all the new voters immigrants
Rec
Well, then

User avatar
Ritterskoop
Posts: 5473
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Vaccine signup

#131 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:12 pm

I worked a five-hour shift today as a volunteer at a shot clinic, and it was very rewarding. I salute the nurses and others who administered shots; of all the folks there, they worked the hardest. They did get to sit, while the rest of us were not allowed, but still. They got zero breaks.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13123
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Vaccine signup

#132 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:21 am

I received my first dose of Moderna on Monday. Yesterday I was in bed all day with chills, a dreadful headache, and nausea.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18955
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#133 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:53 am

Effective tomorrow, the vaccine will be available in Georgia to everyone age 16 and older.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Ritterskoop
Posts: 5473
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Vaccine signup

#134 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:34 am

Got my second shot today. So far no reaction, though everyone I've talked to had theirs fevers/chills 24 hours later, and they seem to be younger people (under 50). One theory is that older people have had more opportunities for their immune systems to react to things, and are less reactive, in a good way.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23862
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#135 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm

I have no pain at the injection site nor any ill effects at all. The injection didn't even hurt. I had the Pfizer vaccine.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11547
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Vaccine signup

#136 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:50 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm
I have no pain at the injection site nor any ill effects at all. The injection didn't even hurt. I had the Pfizer vaccine.
Yay. The second one just made me tireder.
Well, then

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Vaccine signup

#137 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm
I have no pain at the injection site nor any ill effects at all. The injection didn't even hurt. I had the Pfizer vaccine.
My b-i-l says as long as the nanochip injected is to spec you shouldn't have any issues. He said most of the early reactions were due to the NSA using a larger sized nanochip.
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11547
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Vaccine signup

#138 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:03 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:45 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm
I have no pain at the injection site nor any ill effects at all. The injection didn't even hurt. I had the Pfizer vaccine.
My b-i-l says as long as the nanochip injected is to spec you shouldn't have any issues. He said most of the early reactions were due to the NSA using a larger sized nanochip.
:lol:
Well, then

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23862
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#139 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:06 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:45 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:39 pm
I have no pain at the injection site nor any ill effects at all. The injection didn't even hurt. I had the Pfizer vaccine.
My b-i-l says as long as the nanochip injected is to spec you shouldn't have any issues. He said most of the early reactions were due to the NSA using a larger sized nanochip.
Well, since my injection was almost undetectable, they've made a picochip.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Ritterskoop
Posts: 5473
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Vaccine signup

#140 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:46 am

It's been 24 hours, and I have only the slightest of a sore arm after second Pfizer shot. No other symptoms.

Took some ibuprofen last night with my night pills, and I've been lifting my arm a little extra to get blood flow to the area.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5098
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#141 Post by Vandal » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 pm

My wife and I (and BIL) are scheduled for round one on Thursday morning in Fall River, Mass.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Coming in 2021: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

User avatar
a1mamacat
Posts: 6593
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Vaccine signup

#142 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:49 pm

Got a letter that due to still taking cancer meds, I am eligible to register tomorrow.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11547
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Vaccine signup

#143 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:49 pm
Got a letter that due to still taking cancer meds, I am eligible to register tomorrow.
Are you doing tamoxifen?
Well, then

User avatar
a1mamacat
Posts: 6593
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Vaccine signup

#144 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:49 pm
Got a letter that due to still taking cancer meds, I am eligible to register tomorrow.
Are you doing tamoxifen?
Letrizole. I started on tamoxifen, but developed DVT issues, so got switched real fast.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11547
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Vaccine signup

#145 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:20 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:49 pm
Got a letter that due to still taking cancer meds, I am eligible to register tomorrow.
Are you doing tamoxifen?
Letrizole. I started on tamoxifen, but developed DVT issues, so got switched real fast.
Have you noticed any joint aches and such? I remember after awhile I had that.
Well, then

User avatar
a1mamacat
Posts: 6593
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Vaccine signup

#146 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:26 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:20 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Are you doing tamoxifen?
Letrizole. I started on tamoxifen, but developed DVT issues, so got switched real fast.
Have you noticed any joint aches and such? I remember after awhile I had that.
Omg yes!. Knees, wrists shoulders etc. Oncologist authorized Tylenol with codeine for me.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11547
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Vaccine signup

#147 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:38 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:26 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:20 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 pm


Letrizole. I started on tamoxifen, but developed DVT issues, so got switched real fast.
Have you noticed any joint aches and such? I remember after awhile I had that.
Omg yes!. Knees, wrists shoulders etc. Oncologist authorized Tylenol with codeine for me.
I always thought it was being on computer or playing keyboard for church way back. When I got off them (tamox, aromasin) I realized tada!
It will go away eventually.
Well, then

User avatar
ghostjmf
Posts: 7388
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am

Re: Vaccine signup

#148 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 am

2nd Pfizer shot as of last Sat, 3/27/21.

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5098
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#149 Post by Vandal » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Pfizer 1 this morning. Pfizer 2 in three weeks.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Coming in 2021: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23862
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Vaccine signup

#150 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm

The news today said the Pfizer vaccine is expected to be effective for six months. :shock:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Post Reply