RIP JOHN CHANEY

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mellytu74

RIP JOHN CHANEY

#1 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:26 pm

This is the can for his peanut shells that I made for Coach John Chaney's retirement. His longtime assistant, Essie Davis, said he was throwing his peanuts shells on the floor - missing the trash can.

It's decoupaged with pictures of his players, headlines, a copy of his Hall of Fame induction ticket. The green, red, white thing is an awning. Underneath, a picture of his beloved 9th Street Italian Market.

Many of you know the story of Coach and TLAF. After sitting with her for 15 minutes at a Temple basketball banquet, he always asked about her every time I saw him for years afterward.

SPOCK - Is John Chaney Owl still around??

Spock

Re: RIP JOHN CHANEY

#2 Post by Spock » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:59 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:26 pm
This is the can for his peanut shells that I made for Coach John Chaney's retirement. His longtime assistant, Essie Davis, said he was throwing his peanuts shells on the floor - missing the trash can.

It's decoupaged with pictures of his players, headlines, a copy of his Hall of Fame induction ticket. The green, red, white thing is an awning. Underneath, a picture of his beloved 9th Street Italian Market.

Many of you know the story of Coach and TLAF. After sitting with her for 15 minutes at a Temple basketball banquet, he always asked about her every time I saw him for years afterward.

SPOCK - Is John Chaney Owl still around??

Just did a quick survey of the boys' room and I did not see him. He is probably in the attic-it does not seem like that long since I saw him-but time slips away.

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:57 pm

Nathan just said we had him on a table at his graduation party (with the story).

mellytu74

#4 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:57 pm
Nathan just said we had him on a table at his graduation party (with the story).
I remember Lori telling me that now.