Apology from a two-time voter for Donny

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Apology from a two-time voter for Donny

#51 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:35 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:26 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:23 pm
This, right here, is another problem. Doing things you don't like doesn't make President Biden a dictator. It makes him the winner with the right to exercise the powers of the Presidency. If you don't like what he's doing, persuade your fellow citizens to agree with you. Succeed often enough, and your side will win the next election. And if that happens, the losers on the Democratic side will respect the results.

What makes someone a dictator is trying to ignore or overturn the expressed will of the American electorate. --Bob
Respect results? How funny 2016 much?
No one ever claimed that Donny hadn't legally won the election. There is a difference between resolute and determined opposition to the manner in which he executed (or, more often, failed to execute) the office and sending an armed mob to the Capitol to try to interfere with certifying the election. --Bob
I can do this longer than you. I have nothing else to do right now.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:29 pm
Nothing like the damage Dictator Joe is already doing.
This, right here, is another problem. Doing things you don't like doesn't make President Biden a dictator. It makes him the winner with the right to exercise the powers of the Presidency. If you don't like what he's doing, persuade your fellow citizens to agree with you. Succeed often enough, and your side will win the next election. And if that happens, the losers on the Democratic side will respect the results.

What makes someone a dictator is trying to ignore or overturn the expressed will of the American electorate. --Bob
You're not doing a very good job as the Queen of Whataboutistan.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#53 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:13 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:10 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I keep saying that you must find another catchphrase that's actually applicable.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#54 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:13 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

I keep saying that you must find another catchphrase that's actually applicable.
You're saying what about 2016.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Billy Bored Thornton
Merry Man

#55 Post by Billy Bored Thornton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:13 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Jesus Christ, how many titles and crowns do you have?

Queen of Wack

Queen of Whataboutistan

How about you stop by later and I'll dub thee Queen of the Trailer Court

Peaches
What the f$%$ck are you looking at?

kroxquo

#56 Post by kroxquo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:34 am

I appreciate political discourse as much as anyone but this is going down this route:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

tlynn78

#57 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:54 am

jaybee wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:47 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:56 am

Y'all are hysterical. Bless your hearts.
Ha! Ya know, since I live here in the South I totally recognize the 'Bless your heart" routine as you really saying, "I've got nothing I can add here "
Of course it does, dear. Nothing I would add would make a dent in the delusions of the Left.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#58 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:55 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:23 pm
I would never vote for a democrat, other than local. He will not be nominated, are you worried?
Nor would I vote 3rd party.
So if the Republicans nominate Donny again, you'll vote for him? Or would you sit that one out?

Given how the Republican Party seems to be falling in line behind Donny, I think there's a very realistic chance that if he runs again he'll be renominated. A lot of people who would have opposed him in the past have left the Republican Party.

Look at what's happening in Arizona, where the State Republican Party officially censured its own Governor, among others, for refusing to alter the election results in Donny's favor. Look at the primary challenges lining up against any Republican officeholder who refused to fall into line with Donny. Look at how most of the House Republican Caucus, including its floor leader, voted to reject the results of a free and fair election.

The only way the Republican Party will ever be rid of Donny is for Republicans to send a loud, clear message that they will vote Democratic if necessary to prevent Donny or his acolytes from accumulating power. So the direction of your Party is up to you. --Bob
Bob, chill out and stop making shit up. I think you hope Trump persists just to enable you to forge ahead in your anti-Republican rant. Give it the fuck up.

Rec. Also, sadly, not going to happen. Bless his heart.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#59 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:49 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:34 pm
My point is. Your candidate won. Hello?
And Donny needs to be held accountable, particularly since he remains capable of doing enormous damage. --Bob
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump beat Hillary, and must be punished by any means available. wah, wah, wah.
old, indeed.

tlynn78

#60 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:49 pm
And Donny needs to be held accountable, particularly since he remains capable of doing enormous damage. --Bob

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You really don't even get how incredibly obtuse you are, do you? How sad.

tlynn78

#61 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:00 am

"No one ever claimed that Donny hadn't legally won the election. There is a difference between resolute and determined opposition to the manner in which he executed (or, more often, failed to execute) the office and sending an armed mob to the Capitol to try to interfere with certifying the election. --Bob"

LMAO - did you really type that with a straight face?

wbtravis007

#62 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you and others have suggested something like this before, so I know that there's a narrative out there. Not trying to argue here yet but am just genuinely curious: What the hell are y'all talking about?

Bob Juch

#63 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:59 am

We've got TDS victims here too.

The Skinny: Oddball Oro Valley lawmaker abandons Twitter, embraces honey badger as spirit totem on something called Gab
TucsonWeekly wrote:State Rep. and Old-West cosplay aficionado Mark Finchem has always been one of the nuttier lawmakers at the Capitol, what with his bills to make gold legal tender, his links to far-right organizations such as the Oath Keepers and the Coalition of Western States, and his peculiar fashion choices.

But Donald Trump's loss in the presidential race last November has led the Oro Valley Republican to buy a first-class ticket on the crazy train. He led the day-long meeting at a hotel near the Capitol in December that featured Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani laying out numerous crazy theories that were unsuitable for actual courtrooms, including the notion that Biden's win was illegitimate because Arizona is home to 5 million undocumented immigrants (which would mean 5 out of 7 Arizonans are undocumented, but OK, sure.)

Finchem, who was on hand for the Jan. 6 "Stop the Steal" rally in D.C., cheered on the storming of the U.S. Capitol by his fellow travelers in conspiracy theories. He tweeted a photo of the rampage with the comment: "What happens when the People feel they have been ignored, and Congress refuses to acknowledge rampant fraud." Of course, Finchem later started blaming Antifa for the disgraceful display of Trump supporters during the D.C. rampage.

Finchem's D.C. adventures have led to an ethics complaint at the House (which won't go anywhere) as well as a call for him to be investigated for any role he might have had in planning the insurrection at the Capitol.

But you won't read any more tweets from Finchem. This week, in solidarity with the now-banned Trump, Finchem deleted his Twitter account after getting some media attention for a tweet promising to boycott Lowe's after the Loew's hotel chain canceled a fundraising event for Sen. Josh Hawley. "This is what Hitler and Stalin did, what next camps? Ovens?" Yes, it's a slippery slope from canceling an event reservation to the Holocaust.

Giving up his 55K or so followers, Finchem has moved over the right-wing Twitter knock-off Gab, where his new handle is AZHoneyBadger, presumably because he considers the fierce African carnivorous mammal to be his spirit totem or something. (In case you're not familiar, a hysterical YouTube clip of a narrator goofing on honey badger footage with lines about how "honey badger doesn't give a shit" went viral about a decade ago.)

On Gab, Finchem doesn't have to give a shit about moderators slapping warnings on his tweets about how his deranged claims are disputed.

Finchem fans don't have to worry. The state lawmaker continues to deliver tall glasses of crazy on Gab about Trump's comeback, including a prediction that Trump will run for the House of Representatives, depose Speaker Nancy Pelosi, impeach Biden and Harris and then reclaim the White House.

Finchem is also facing a nascent recall effort, led by Ralph Atchue, a Democrat who lost to Finchem in 2018. (See FinchemRecall.com for details.) LD11 isn't exactly friendly territory to Democrats, but we've seen some unexpected turns in Arizona politics in recent years. If Atchue can get the signatures, we could have a barn-burner of a special election.

But even if the recall fails to get off the ground or Finchem survives an election, his antics have also put him on the wrong side of Gov. Doug Ducey, who is known to hold grudges. Hope Finchem isn't counting on any of his bills—should they make it through both chambers—getting signed this year.

silverscreenselect

#64 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:54 am
Of course it does, dear. Nothing I would add would make a dent in the delusions of the Left.
Whatever "delusions" you may think there are on the left, nothing matches the completely groundless claims of election fraud that have been coming non-stop from Trump and his followers for three months.

At least, Rudy Giuliani now has an opportunity to put his money where his mouth is. If he has the slightest bit of proof of election fraud, it would behoove him to introduce that as a defense in the $1.3B libel suit filed against him by Dominion.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jaybee

#65 Post by jaybee » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:52 pm

And yet, here I am - still a registered Republican. Delusions to the left of me, delusions to the right and I'm stuck here in the middle.
Jaybee

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#66 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 pm

jaybee wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:52 pm

And yet, here I am - still a registered Republican. Delusions to the left of me, delusions to the right and I'm stuck here in the middle.
It may be time to reconsider that. If the Republican Party can't pull itself away from Donny (and in my opinion, it can't, as we're seeing in real time), then I think it's reached the point where it does more harm than good.

The country needs a sane conservative party, but I'm skeptical the Republican Party can regain its sanity. The only two remaining options are (a) a new conservative party, or (b) the conservative wing of the Democratic Party splintering off from the rest of the party. Remaining in the Republican Party in the hope it can be salvaged is likely to slow down either of these curative mechanisms. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#67 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 pm
jaybee wrote:

It may be time to reconsider that. If the Republican Party can't pull itself away from Donny (and in my opinion, it can't, as we're seeing in real time), then I think it's reached the point where it does more harm than good.

The country needs a sane conservative party, but I'm skeptical the Republican Party can regain its sanity. The only two remaining options are (a) a new conservative party, or (b) the conservative wing of the Democratic Party splintering off from the rest of the party. Remaining in the Republican Party in the hope it can be salvaged is likely to slow down either of these curative mechanisms. --Bob
I hope Mad King Donald goes ahead with his plan to form a Patriot Party.

jaybee

#68 Post by jaybee » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:40 pm

Yeah, I'm not too enamored with our Republican choices at this time. Strange to think that the biggest set of balls in the Republican party belong to a guy named Mitt.

But the reality is that I just do not lean too far to the left. I've got plenty of liberal friends and often in discussions I get these sideways glances - but at least they respect my opinion. But I could never be a Bernie supporter, way too left for me and while I voted for Hillary in '16 it was a case of a choice between bad or worse. So I'm definitely in the never trump camp - I've been around a long time and recognize him for the train wreck that he is. At this point, mostly bothered by the fact that over 200 years of checks and balances in our government was thrown for a loop simply by one person saying, "No" and deciding to play by his own rules. Apparently, we had (have) no answer for that.
Jaybee

jaybee

#69 Post by jaybee » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:38 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
jaybee wrote:

Two years from now trump's dementia will have progressed to the point that there will be no denying it.
Jaybee

Bob Juch

#70 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:43 pm

jaybee wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:41 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:38 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

Two years from now trump's dementia will have progressed to the point that there will be no denying it.
It's entirely possible that his loss has already pushed him over the edge.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#71 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:15 pm

jaybee wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:40 pm
Yeah, I'm not too enamored with our Republican choices at this time. Strange to think that the biggest set of balls in the Republican party belong to a guy named Mitt.

But the reality is that I just do not lean too far to the left. I've got plenty of liberal friends and often in discussions I get these sideways glances - but at least they respect my opinion. But I could never be a Bernie supporter, way too left for me and while I voted for Hillary in '16 it was a case of a choice between bad or worse. So I'm definitely in the never trump camp - I've been around a long time and recognize him for the train wreck that he is. At this point, mostly bothered by the fact that over 200 years of checks and balances in our government was thrown for a loop simply by one person saying, "No" and deciding to play by his own rules. Apparently, we had (have) no answer for that.
I think you'll find a lot of Democrats (myself included) agree with you about Senator Sanders. There's a reason he wasn't the nominee.

It's true that the Democratic Party right now isn't particularly fiscally conservative. But at least in my view, this shift in view is evidence-driven -- it turns out that we can handle the current level of deficits just fine. Not only is inflation not a problem, if anything it's lower than most economists find comfortable. Further evidence is the interest rate on 10-year Treasury bonds, which tell us that people with real money at stake aren't expecting much inflation over the long run.

I make this point because if the evidence shifts, I think you'll find view within the Democratic Party shifting with the evidence. And that, to my mind, is the crucial difference between the current incarnations of the Democratic and Republican Party. I have yet to discover any issue on which evidence can move the Republican Party off its ideological fixations. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#72 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:15 pm
I have yet to discover any issue on which evidence can move the Republican Party off its ideological fixations. --Bob
Ideological fixations are one thing. But the current batch of Republicans don't have ideological fixations or principles. It's now a cult of personality in fealty to one man. Remember deficits? The Republicans gave up any semblance of caring about them and balanced budgets once Trump got in office. Remember the stand against autocrats? Republicans gave up on that once Trump started playing kissy face with Putin and Kim Jong Un. The only autocracy they care about is Iran and that's only because Trump took a stand against Iran solely because Obama negotiated a deal with them.

Barry Goldwater was one of the most principled men ever elected to the United States Senate. He didn't take stands to curry favor or as an excuse for bigotry or to get back at somebody else. He would be disgusted with the current Republican party leadership. Sadly, the only time Republicans seem to develop a backbone is when they decide to get out of politics (see Portman and Toomey). There is no way that Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert should be members of Congress. But Greene happens to live in the reddest district in Georgia. David Duke could run there wearing Klan robes and get 70% of the vote.

You would think that the Georgia Senate races would make Republicans think twice about their tactics. People who aren't from Georgia don't realize that these results are a bigger upset than Biden winning the state by some 12,000 votes. In the November election, Perdue finished about 90,000 ahead of Ossoff and came within about 30,000 votes of winning outright. Georgia has a history of skewing Republican in runoffs. In the last Senate runoff in 2008, Saxby Chambliss improved his margin by 200,000 votes from the general election to the runoff. Yet Ossoff beat Perdue in the runoff by 60,000 votes. That's a swing of 150,000 votes in two months. The special election that Warnock won is a bit harder to draw accurate comparisons from because there were 20 candidates on the first ballot, including a few third party candidates and independents. Yet the Republicans (in total) on the ballot outpolled the Democrats by about 1%. But Raphael Warnock beat Kelly Loeffler by 95,000 votes.

Republicans picked up several House seats (and their Senate candidates outpolled Trump in nearly every remotely competitive state except Arizona) and one theory is that people split tickets to show personal displeasure with Trump while support of Republican policies in general. The logical thinking would be that Republicans will be in a good position to take back the House, especially if Biden's policies prove unpopular. But the Republicans seem more than ever to want to be the party of Trump.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007

#73 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you and others have suggested something like this before, so I know that there's a narrative out there. Not trying to argue here yet but am just genuinely curious: What the hell are y'all talking about?
Tgirl? What about you? Still wondering what I missed.

wbtravis007

#74 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:20 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Crickets.

Well, I guess that's kind of interesting.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#75 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:49 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:20 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am
wbtravis007 wrote:

Crickets.

Well, I guess that's kind of interesting.
Here's an old thing. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/11 ... sults.html

Plus, if you go back to Bob# not my president exhortations, plus the 4 year attempts to oust him...
Gosh, I dunno.
Well, then