Apology from a two-time voter for Donny

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Apology from a two-time voter for Donny

#76 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:48 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:49 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:20 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am
Tgirl? What about you? Still wondering what I missed.
Crickets.

Well, I guess that's kind of interesting.
Here's an old thing. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/11 ... sults.html

Plus, if you go back to Bob# not my president exhortations, plus the 4 year attempts to oust him...
Gosh, I dunno.
I stand by both impeachment efforts. But I never denied that Donny had, and was entitled to exercise, the formal powers of the Oval Office. I just reviled and protested against the manner in which he exercised those powers, and denied his MORAL right to the courtesies and respect ordinarily accorded the President of the United States.

Nor did I ever deny that Donny won the election in 2016, much less suggest violent insurrection. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#77 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:58 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:48 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
Crickets.

Plus, if you go back to Bob# not my president exhortations, plus the 4 year attempts to oust him...
Gosh, I dunno.
I stand by both impeachment efforts. But I never denied that Donny had, and was entitled to exercise, the formal powers of the Oval Office. I just reviled and protested against the manner in which he exercised those powers, and denied his MORAL right to the courtesies and respect ordinarily accorded the President of the United States.

Nor did I ever deny that Donny won the election in 2016, much less suggest violent insurrection. --Bob
Waffle house
Well, then

wbtravis007

#78 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:26 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am

Tgirl? What about you? Still wondering what I missed.
Crickets.

Gosh, I dunno.
Three guys urged ... and oh, yeah, Bob many numbers!

What were the 4 year attempts to oust him? One impeachment 3 years in. And Romney was right to vote to convict, although no one seriously thought that others would.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#79 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:31 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:26 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

Crickets.

Gosh, I dunno.

What were the 4 year attempts to oust him? One impeachment 3 years in. And Romney was right to vote to convict, although no one seriously thought that others would.
Of course no one else disputed results. Erasure is a convenient mood enhancer.

I realize you want to gin up old rehashed shit. Old news. No one cares.
Well, then

BackInTex

#80 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:39 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:

What were the 4 year attempts to oust him? One impeachment 3 years in.
Senility is a bitch, I bet. Sorry for ya.

Mueller ring a bell?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

wbtravis007

#81 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:39 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Mueller ring a bell?
The life-long republican appointed by Trump’s attorney general? Sure. I remember him.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#82 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:59 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:57 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:39 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Mueller ring a bell?
The life-long republican appointed by Trump’s attorney general? Sure. I remember him.
You funny.
Well, then

wbtravis007

#83 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:31 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Gosh, I dunno.

No. Not trying to rehash. Just still wondering what the hell y’all keep referring to. Still waiting to hear. Something real.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#84 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:04 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

No. Not trying to rehash. Just still wondering what the hell y’all keep referring to. Still waiting to hear. Something real.
Apparently you've been busy the last few years. Most are having to get over the random bullshit. It's fucking 2021. Your candidate won. Let's get on with it.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#85 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:04 pm
It's fucking 2021. Your candidate won. Let's get on with it.
The people who aren't willing to "get on with it" are the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol and keep insisting that there was fraud in the election. One of them even wrote a lengthy farewell address to this Bored to that effect. All the while they are trying to purge their members who aren't sufficiently loyal and spouting theories about Jewish space lasers causing the California wildfires.

Democrats are moving on. They are addressing the coronavirus. They are trying to get the economy back on its feet. It's the Republicans who seem locked in the past.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007

#86 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:26 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Apparently you've been busy the last few years. Most are having to get over the random bullshit. It's fucking 2021. Your candidate won. Let's get on with it.
You’re the one who brought it up, Dear. And since it wasn’t the first time I thought I’d just see if you would splain what you’re trying to say.

You still haven’t. That’s fine. No big deal to me at all.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#87 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:13 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
The people who aren't willing to "get on with it" are the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol and keep insisting that there was fraud in the election. One of them even wrote a lengthy farewell address to this Bored to that effect. All the while they are trying to purge their members who aren't sufficiently loyal and spouting theories about Jewish space lasers causing the California wildfires.

Democrats are moving on. They are addressing the coronavirus. They are trying to get the economy back on its feet. It's the Republicans who seem locked in the past.
You're accusing most Repubs of that? And not your fave media of pushing all sorts of that crap?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#88 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

You're accusing most Repubs of that? And not your fave media of pushing all sorts of that crap?
So far, the only people to be censured by any entity in connection with the January 6 insurrection are Republicans who voted to impeach Donny. And the Arizona State Republican Party censured Republican Governor Doug Ducey for refusing to overturn the election.

Yes, it's the organized Republican Party that has gone all-in on overturning the will of the people. So no, we will not simply allow this to fade quietly into the night. Not until the Republican Party comes to grips with what it's become.

You yourself seem to be saying that if the Republicans do nominate Donny again in 2024, you'll vote for him again. That's part of the problem. Until the Republican Party (and that means its voters) forcefully repudiates the lies, it doesn't deserve to hold, and can't be trusted with, political power. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#89 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:39 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:24 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:28 pm

So far, the only people to be censured by any entity in connection with the January 6 insurrection are Republicans who voted to impeach Donny. And the Arizona State Republican Party censured Republican Governor Doug Ducey for refusing to overturn the election.

Yes, it's the organized Republican Party that has gone all-in on overturning the will of the people. So no, we will not simply allow this to fade quietly into the night. Not until the Republican Party comes to grips with what it's become.

You yourself seem to be saying that if the Republicans do nominate Donny again in 2024, you'll vote for him again. That's part of the problem. Until the Republican Party (and that means its voters) forcefully repudiates the lies, it doesn't deserve to hold, and can't be trusted with, political power. --Bob
So we will not let this...blah. Joke
I have specifically said I would not vote for him again. You do not read or pay attention.
You just want a narrative cause you're incapable of getting on with it.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#90 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
You can now add South Carolina Representative Tom Rice to the list, censured by his state's Republican party for his impeachment vote.

And you can subtract Trump's lead attorney in the impeachment trial, Butch Bowers (coincidentally from South Carolina) and another South Carolina attorney, Deborah Barbier, from Trump's team. They have quit in a "mutual decision." This probably means that (1) they realized Trump wasn't going to pay, and/or (2) they were leery about their bar licenses if they spouted some of the nonsense that Trump undoubtedly wanted them to say.

Well, there's always Rudy Giuliani.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#91 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:35 pm

Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:59 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
You can now add South Carolina Representative Tom Rice to the list, censured by his state's Republican party for his impeachment vote.

And you can subtract Trump's lead attorney in the impeachment trial, Butch Bowers (coincidentally from South Carolina) and another South Carolina attorney, Deborah Barbier, from Trump's team. They have quit in a "mutual decision." This probably means that (1) they realized Trump wasn't going to pay, and/or (2) they were leery about their bar licenses if they spouted some of the nonsense that Trump undoubtedly wanted them to say.

You have no idea what we're talking about. Bless yur heart.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#92 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:42 am

Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:59 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

We're now up to five members of the Trump defense team who have headed for the exit doors. I must admit that I was leery about the idea of this impeachment trial beforehand, but it's shaping up to be more and more of a total trainwreck for Trump and his enablers. He still won't be convicted, but the hypocrisy of those like Hawley and Cruz covering for him will become that much more apparent. I'm going to have to stock up on popcorn to watch this play out on CNN.

tlynn78

#93 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 am

I'd bet the former President would get a chuckle over the little fanboys who can't seem to quit him. Bless their hearts.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

wbtravis007

#94 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:50 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 am
I'd bet the former President would get a chuckle over the little fanboys who can't seem to quit him. Bless their hearts.
ICM!

You're too funny.

Don't forget about Hilz and them, Sweetie Pie.

Bob Juch

#95 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:15 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
You mean like the ones who gave him $30 million after he lost?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

wbtravis007

#96 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:27 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:15 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
I've seen 170 million, and wouldn't be surprised if that's right.

silverscreenselect

#97 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:44 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:27 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:15 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
I've seen 170 million, and wouldn't be surprised if that's right.
Either total brings to mind the old adage about a fool and his money...