Lyrically Speaking - 1/7/21

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 1/7/21

#26 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:56 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:46 pm
Rusty Kuntz is a legend, though, in a Dick Trickle kind of way. I doubt many people had heard of Mr. Weiser before....

lb13
Or how about

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... ja02.shtml
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#27 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:10 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:12 am

Dude, you of all people!

The MJ song is Black OR White.
oops. :oops:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Earl the Squirrel

#28 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:31 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:49 am

7. You know I can be found
Sitting home all alone
If you can't come around
At least please telephone
Don't Be Cruel - Elvis Presley (#1) or Cheap Trick (#4)

8. Oh, girl, as long as I
Been giving my love to you
You should be giving
Me your love, too
But you just keep on acting
Just like a fool
You know it ain't cool
Don't Be Cruel - Bobby Brown (#8)

Yes, I made sure this worked for Cheap Trick as well, especially since I knew SOMEONE would answer them. That's OK, their version is better. Even if it............. doesn't really have a pregnant pause.
Now who in the world would do that?? While looking through the answer afterward, I thought about what a dumbass I was not to pick Presley's version, because I knew that had to be number one, but honestly it's just an involuntary....... reflex on this song and I obviously didn't think it through. It also looks like my thought methods on which was the bigger hit needs work on, as well. I really need to stop showing my work, it just amplifies how dense I am (or how time tinges memory).

Quite an interesting selection of doppelgangers here. I might have given Earl a second IBB had she used Milton Bradley, but instead it'll go to Frank for the audacity to assume that anyone even remembers who those Renaissance artist hacks were these days...
Dammit!!!

Afterwards I was looking up Ben Gay's cv to see why I thought he was a Jet and I was shocked, shocked I tell you!, to see he only played one year. Why do I remember him as playing a lot more than that? Maybe he was my fun pick in that year's fantasy draft...

Had I known that he was such a flash in the pan, I might've went for Milton instead. That probably explains why I had such a hard time finding an image of him, though.

mrkelley23

#29 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:34 am

Wendy and I just binged the Mad About You reboot this weekend, and there was a whole episode centered around Dick Pole and his baseball card. They mentioned several of the other great names in this thread, as well.

Brief review: if you loved the original, you'll probably love this. For us, it was like putting on flannel and sweatpants, making popcorn, and watching a movie together. If you hated the original, or even found it mildly irritating, you probably want to give this one a pass.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman