RIP Dawn Wells

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Dawn Wells

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Dawn passed peacefully this morning, in no pain, resulting from complications due to Covid. She was 82.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

kroxquo

Re: RIP Dawn Wells

#2 Post by kroxquo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:49 pm

Ironic that the last surviving castaway is Tina Louise because she hated her time on the island. She felt the show ruined her career. Dawn Wells was also the only one of the seven who got really wealthy from the show. The standard contract at the time stated that you were paid for 2 or 3 reruns of the show at most. Dawn Wells's agent (whom she was dating at the time) was the only one who negotiated residuals into her contract, thus ensuring she got paid every time the showed aired anywhere in perpetuity.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:22 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:49 pm
Ironic that the last surviving castaway is Tina Louise because she hated her time on the island. She felt the show ruined her career. Dawn Wells was also the only one of the seven who got really wealthy from the show. The standard contract at the time stated that you were paid for 2 or 3 reruns of the show at most. Dawn Wells's agent (whom she was dating at the time) was the only one who negotiated residuals into her contract, thus ensuring she got paid every time the showed aired anywhere in perpetuity.
For the last 20 years or so, Wells, Louise, and Russell Johnson did very well making the convention and memorabilia circuit.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:27 pm

I always wanted to grow up and be Maryanne.

F’ing Covid!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:33 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:49 pm
I read someplace that Tina Louise's agent lied to her, telling her that she would be the star of the show. Even if she did hate her time on the show, she still did a great job. I still love some of the shows and would watch except it comes on at 5 in the morning.

Dawn did a great job too. I still remember her turn as a Honeybee singing "You need me." I googled it just now, and my memory was accurate. I'm sorry she's gone.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:09 am

There was never any contest in the great Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate for my vote. I will always prefer the girl-next-door to the glamorous types.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:03 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:09 am
There was never any contest in the great Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate for my vote. I will always prefer the girl-next-door to the glamorous types.
I have a thing for redheads.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.