Freedom!!!!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Freedom!!!!

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Crossed over into Iowa today to take a few pictures of the Spirit Lake Massacre site.

Sure was nice to be able to eat in a restaurant as Minnesota has the restaurants shut down indoors. But for some reason, Walmarts etc can be packed solid with people.

Ate in a small, gourmet burger place. Wore masks in and only people there, so social distancing was not a problem.

Really nice to support a small business and eat in-instead of chain drive-thrus and eating in the car.

Area is known as the "Great Lakes of Iowa" and reminded me of the Wisconsin Dells.

jaybee

Re: Freedom!!!!

#2 Post by jaybee » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:39 am

It's sad but understandable that a little thing like eating at a restaurant can be cause for celebration. We've found that trying to find some "normal" things can be a real sanity saver and I highly recommend finding something(s) that can be both safe and normal. I'm not ready to try the indoor restaurant thing yet but am looking forward to the time when that can happen. We've eaten out one time since March - An outdoor restaurant with a private balcony and a masked waitress. It was awesome! But I don't expect a repeat for quite a while yet.

In the mean time, I'll be heading out to paddle on the river this afternoon. I doubt that I'll see anyone at all.
Jaybee