Night Court returns

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Night Court returns

#1 Post by Vandal » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:37 am

‘Night Court’ Sequel In Works At NBC With John Larroquette As Dan Fielding, Harry Stone’s Daughter As Focus & Melissa Rauch As EP

Night Court is back in session. NBC is developing a follow-up to the classic legal comedy series, with co-star John Larroquette set to reprise his Emmy-winning role and produce. The Big Bang Theory alumna Melissa Rauch executive produces the reboot for Warner Bros TV.

Written/executive produced by Dan Rubin (The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) based on the original series created by Reinhold Weege, the multi-camera Night Court centers on the unapologetic optimist judge Abby Stone, daughter of the late Harry Stone, who follows in her father’s footsteps as she presides over the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court and tries to bring order to its crew of oddballs and cynics, most notably former night court prosecutor Dan Fielding (Larroquette).

The original Night Court, which aired on NBC for nine seasons from 1984-92 and earned three Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy nominations, followed the proceedings during the night shift of a Manhattan municipal court, led by a young, unorthodox judge, Harold “Harry” T. Stone. He was played by Harry Anderson, who died in 2018 at age 65. Abby is a newly created character who was not part of the original show.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/night-cour ... keWnjtWaEM
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

earendel

Re: Night Court returns

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:44 am

I don't think it can be as successful as the original - although absurdist humor is definitely needed. I wonder if they can get Brent Spiner to reprise his role as Bob Wheeler.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

triviawayne

#3 Post by triviawayne » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:44 am

Dan in today's era...just don't see it.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:35 pm

I loved the original Night Court because of Anderson and Markie Post.

I wish Laroquette and the produders all the best for the reboot.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:14 am

I'm willing to give this a shot. Love me some John Laroquette. We just started a "Night Court" of sorts, here, so the old show has been much discussed. It is, so far, nowhere near as fun.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Some may not know that John Larroquette is a major book collector.

Years ago, I subscribed to a short-lived magazine on maps and map collections. When that failed, the subscription was transferred to a book collecting magazine. I don't remember the specifics, but I remember a story on John Larroquette and his book collection.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:14 pm
Some may not know that John Larroquette is a major book collector.

Years ago, I subscribed to a short-lived magazine on maps and map collections. When that failed, the subscription was transferred to a book collecting magazine. I don't remember the specifics, but I remember a story on John Larroquette and his book collection.
Have you read "Maphead" by Ken Jennings?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.