Helluva year

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Helluva year

#1 Post by BackInTex » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 am

Unbelievable I was able to bite my tongue for a full year + a moth. As some here know, it was not easy. I had weak moments, but was encouraged to continue my fasting. I hope I don't disappoint them by feeding a little.

I hope not to stay long, just long enough to enjoy some of the morsels laid out by those I enjoyed sharing crap with.

So what's been up with me?

F'ing CV-19! No, I did not get it, as far as I know. I've given blood twice so far this year and both time they said no anti-bodies. My job had me traveling every week, flying here and there. I really enjoyed that. It all came to a screeching halt after my final trip to Miami (with a 4 day weekend in Key West during Spring Break). Since then, I've been relegated to working from my home office. I got a new desk, which makes it bearable, and my dog comes in a couple times a day with a ball or frisbee reminding me I need to get my big ass out of the chair and play.

My big ass isn't as big. I've dropped 20 lbs. Well, 25, but gained 5 back since late fall (thanks to Thanksgiving), but I have every intention of re-losing that plus another 5 by New Years. :roll:

This is my 30th year of marriage (30th anniversary in March '21). My wife and I had a booked and paid for trip to Hawaii in June. Cancelled and rescheduled for July. Cancelled and rescheduled for November. Then just cancelled and will now just wait and look for a good opportunity to go once they open back up. I'm not paying $300 for CV-19 testing just to see IF we can go. Plus, we were going to two islands, but still no inter-Island travel without 14 day quarantine.

I've got a new granddaughter. Daughter 2 and her husband had their first in October. This one lives in Fort Worth which is where my wife is not hot to move to. It will be 4 hours closer to Denver where the other grandchild lives. I've given her a 2 year time-line to get moved.

My youngest daughter moved to San Francisco a year ago this week. She seems to enjoy it and is now completely off my payroll. I know she misses us because she Facetimes us at least twice a week. I think we are actually closer to her now, emotionally, than we've been in years.

What about that election, huh!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Helluva year

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:56 am

Welcome back!
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Glad for the update and that you and yours are doing well. I wish I could join you in dropping a few pounds. Stay safe.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:40 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 am
Unbelievable I was able to bite my tongue for a full year + a moth. As some here know, it was not easy. I had weak moments, but was encouraged to continue my fasting. I hope I don't disappoint them by feeding a little.
Welcome back! But you bit your tongue for a moth??? :mrgreen:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:48 pm

earendel wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:40 pm
BackInTex wrote:
My tpying skills have not imprived.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:02 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:48 pm
earendel wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:40 pm
BackInTex wrote:
My tpying skills have not imprived.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Just a note to thank you for your kindness, BiT -- I was AWOL for some time in 2018, mostly due to election-related demands, and you very kindly put up a Sprots? post, saying you hoped all was well with me and family, critters, home . . . LB kindly replied he had seen me in BBBL, still among the living. I never saw it until yesterday when I was looking for a post that I knew had Sprots in it.

Thanks for the update on your delightful family.

And good for Piper, getting your butt outta that chair! (I hope it's still Piper.)
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller