The Walking Dead - World Beyond

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

The Walking Dead - World Beyond

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:14 pm

I forget if there are any other Walking Dead fans around here.

Overall, I think the new World Beyond spin-off has jumped the shark, with our ragtag fellowship (complete with the mysterious "three-rings" symbols) on a quest to who knows where.

But with this week's episode, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that their destination is
Spoiler
right here in Ithaca! I do hope they get here and the show has some realistic scenes of our post-apocalyptic town. If they want to actually come here and film a scene or two, I'd be happy to be an extra! :mrgreen:

Ritterskoop

Re: The Walking Dead - World Beyond

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:01 pm

I don't watch the show or its predecessor, though I did watch one episode a few years ago. I can't remember if i bragged about knowing the actors who played young Lydia, one at age seven and one at a few years older (they are sisters). There is a third sibling available, but they are 14 now, and Lydia, when we met her, was 17, so I don't know that there is any point in writing anything that close to the timeline, that isn't the same actor who plays Lydia in present-day.

Good luck to Ithaca! If the filming companies keep getting mad at Georgia, I guess you have a chance. I know someone who was on set at that huge compound near Atlanta, though, and I bet they won't give up on that investment easily.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:24 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:14 pm
Overall, I think the new World Beyond spin-off has jumped the shark, with our ragtag fellowship (complete with the mysterious "three-rings" symbols) on a quest to who knows where.
I haven't seen this week's episode yet, but every other episode, I've been rooting for the zombies to kill off all the main characters and put viewers out of their misery. This is the most thoroughly annoying cast I've ever seen on a show.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:57 am

I'm not expecting them to move their entire production, but it'd be nice if they made a token effort.

I'm recalling the 1986 move The Manhattan Project, which was allegedly set in Ithaca, but never included even one background scene that was authentically from here. Our mayor sent them some Ithaca High soccers uniform and other props that they used, but they couldn't be bothered to make even a brief stop here. And then there was the script mistakes any local could have corrected, like confusing Interstate 81 (which passes 20 miles away from here) with Rt. 89.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:31 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:57 am
I'm recalling the 1986 move The Manhattan Project, which was allegedly set in Ithaca, but never included even one background scene that was authentically from here.
Next you'll be telling me that the Wizard of Oz wasn't really filmed in Oz.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:50 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
I'm not expecting them to move their entire production, but it'd be nice if they made a token effort.

I'm recalling the 1986 move The Manhattan Project, which was allegedly set in Ithaca, but never included even one background scene that was authentically from here. Our mayor sent them some Ithaca High soccers uniform and other props that they used, but they couldn't be bothered to make even a brief stop here. And then there was the script mistakes any local could have corrected, like confusing Interstate 81 (which passes 20 miles away from here) with Rt. 89.
The Robert Duvall movie "The Judge" purports to be set in a small town in Indiana. They then specifically mention the airport in Evansville, then show characters in that airport. The scene takes place while they're riding a triple escalator, surrounded by hundreds of people.

Evansville Regional Airport has two gates, one security area, and is all on one level. At the time the movie was made, we didn't even have a jetway. You had to actually walk out on the tarmac to board your plane.

A League of Their Own, on the other hand, was very authentic. Probably because it was set about 50 years in the past. :)
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:52 am

Oh, and to stay on topic for the thread, we don't watch the new Walking Dead. Our whole family enjoyed the first 5 seasons or so of the original, Wendy stuck it out about halfway through the sequel, after the rest of us had lost interest, and nobody has even suggested turning this one on.

But my theatre friends on FB are united in their hatred for it.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:29 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:

All of it was filmed in and around Richmond, Virginia, including Virginia Commonwealth University.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:29 pm
All of it was filmed in and around Richmond, Virginia, including Virginia Commonwealth University.
So that will be the center of this evil "Civic Republic".

I'm sure Cornell could do it better. :twisted:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#10 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:12 pm

The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead are must-see for SteelersFan, but he doesn't like World Beyond and won't watch it.

I sorta look in every once in a while, and my favorite character is Negan. I believe that he cannot be rehabilitated no matter how much he helps somebody with her math homework. He killed 230 people! He's my favorite because I'm waiting for him to come to a horrible end. Come on, writers, make it happen!

In the same way, Hannibal Lecter and Darth Vader can't be rehabbed. Lecter killed or hurt innocent people, mostly to escape, but including a nurse whose nose he bit off. Vader killed children.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller