The election irregularities as presented thus far

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18646
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The election irregularities as presented thus far

#101 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:02 am

Ossoff's lead is about 17,000 votes (0.4%)with the biggest chunk remaining about 18,000 more mail-in votes in DeKalb County. Earlier batches of mail-ins have gone 85-90% for Ossoff/Warnock, so there's a good chance his lead could be 25,000 or more before the election is over. Biden won the general election (with a 10% bigger turnout) by just under 12,000 votes. Warnock's lead is about 54,000 votes (1.2%).

In November, Perdue finished 88,000 votes ahead of Ossoff (a Libertarian candidate got the rest of the votes), so there will be a 100,000+ vote turnaround in this election in two months in a state that Democrats don't do well in runoffs. In the last Senate runoff in 2008, Saxby Chambliss finished 3% ahead of his Democratic opponent in the general election and 15% ahead in the runoff election a month later.

By the way, more people voted in this runoff than in either the 2016 or 2018 general elections. Over 100,000 people voted in this election who did not vote in November (some because they just turned 18).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18646
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The election irregularities as presented thus far

#102 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:13 pm

David Perdue has conceded the election and issued a statement to the press congratulating Jon Ossoff. He apparently has not contacted Ossoff personally to congratulate him. Kelly Loeffler issued a similar statement yesterday. I'm not sure what either of them might otherwise have done, but the riots Wednesday definitely took some of the wind out the sails for any legal challenges to the elections.

Before 2020, this sort of statement would be routine in politics, but you can never tell now what a Republican election loser is going to do.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18646
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The election irregularities as presented thus far

#103 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Rush Limbaugh 1/7/21 wrote:There's a lot of people calling for the end of violence... A lot of conservatives, social media, who say that any violence or aggression at all is unacceptable regardless of the circumstances. I am glad Sam Adams, Thomas Paine, the actual Tea Party guys, the men at Lexington and Concord didn't feel that way.
The end of Rush Limbaugh cannot come too soon.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18646
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: The election irregularities as presented thus far

#104 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:26 pm

Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski, who is probably the most liberal Republican Senator, called on Trump to resign today. That's not overly surprising, but what she said next was. She said that if the Republicans didn't do enough to distance themselves from Trump, she would have to reconsider whether she had a future with the Republican Party. She could pull a Jim Jeffords, the Vermont Senator who switched from Republican to Independent in 2001 and caucused with the Democrats. That gave the Democrats control of the Senate in 2001 and 2002.

I had personally felt that Murkowski might do this if she could duplicate Jeffords and switch control, but the Dems already have this. She would still be able to get some cushy perks if she does, like a choice committee chairmanship. And it would mean that Schumer would only need to convince her or Joe Manchin to back a proposal instead of just Manchin.

Her choice is easier because Alaska changed its voting laws this year. There is now a top-four all-party primary for state and federal elections, followed by a ranked choice general election. Her chances of winning as a popular independent in this scenario would be very good (she's up for re-election in 2022). She was defeated as a Republican in an earlier Senate primary in 2010 and then ran and won in the general election as a write-in candidate
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply