As a first time voter...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Earl the Squirrel

As a first time voter...

#1 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 pm

I find that I was actually sort of interested in watching the e******n coverage. I guess it's true that, as Alexander Miranda once said, when you've got skin in the game, you stay in the game.

I can't watch too much though, because all of these swings gets me all excited or bummed then bummed or excited.

Stuff probably only sprots cares about:

I tried to drum up some excitement about voting amongst the fam, but came up empty. At least now I can crow "you should've voted then!" when they bitch and hope they don't remember any of my oh so clever replies in the past to those very words.

Apparently Hicklenlooper didn't need my help, but it was still vindication. Suck it, Gardner!! My choice for rep has been holding up the ass end of the race, but I didn't expect her to win since I don't even know if the "Unity Party" is a real thing. But she was set up maybe a year or so ago in front of the library one day and remarked on the cat shirt I was wearing and we talked about cats for a little bit and I liked her.

I can't remember the way I voted on everything, but I think it was pretty much yes on everything except the wolves, abortion and income tax rate. I'm rather surprised that the nicotine tax passed with such a large margin, but my reasoning was less altruistic than yours. Pretty much it's just that it's no longer my ox being gored. A steep price isn't a bad thing, though, just in case I was ever thinking about starting up again (which I'm not, but I still dream about it sometimes).

a1mamacat

Re: As a first time voter...

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:50 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 pm
I find that I was actually sort of interested in watching the e******n coverage. I guess it's true that, as Alexander Miranda once said, when you've got skin in the game, you stay in the game.

I can't watch too much though, because all of these swings gets me all excited or bummed then bummed or excited.

I tried to drum up some excitement about voting amongst the fam, but came up empty. At least now I can crow "you should've voted then!" when they bitch and hope they don't remember any of my oh so clever replies in the past to those very words.

Apparently Hicklenlooper didn't need my help, but it was still vindication. Suck it, Gardner!! My choice for rep has been holding up the ass end of the race, but I didn't expect her to win since I don't even know if the "Unity Party" is a real thing. But she was set up maybe a year or so ago in front of the library one day and remarked on the cat shirt I was wearing and we talked about cats for a little bit and I liked her.

I can't remember the way I voted on everything, but I think it was pretty much yes on everything except the wolves, abortion and income tax rate. I'm rather surprised that the nicotine tax passed with such a large margin, but my reasoning was less altruistic than yours. Pretty much it's just that it's no longer my ox being gored. A steep price isn't a bad thing, though, just in case I was ever thinking about starting up again (which I'm not, but I still dream about it sometimes).
Congrats again. Colorado done good.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 pm

I'm thrilled that you're voting. Well done!

I'm also thrilled that you're off nicotine -- the hardest addiction to break, according to many experts.

And finally, good luck to the Colorado Congressional delegation, now that we have a pistol-packing scofflaw joining it from District 3. Our Unity Party candidate -- Critter Milton -- got 1% of the vote. I mention it only because I love the guy's name and because the Unity Party is indeed a real thing and unique in my experience.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:22 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster