Family good news

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Family good news

#1 Post by gsabc » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:35 pm

My cousin's son and his wife had a baby boy this past week, and the bris was today at noon ET. The ceremony was held virtually via Zoom; no doubt the guest of honor wishes he could have attended virtually. The only people attending in person were the parents, the baby (who also officially acquired his English and Hebrew names, which I guess is supposed to be a reasonably fair exchange for his, er, pains), the grandparents and uncle and the mohel. The rabbi was in attendance virtually, as was the cantor (who had a gorgeous voice). Lovely ceremony, just sad that it had to be held this way.

I forget the comedian who talked about the bris being the reason that Jewish men are so bad at partying. It is, after all, their introduction to parties and celebrations. :shock:
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

earendel

Re: Family good news

#2 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:46 pm

gsabc wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:35 pm
My cousin's son and his wife had a baby boy this past week, and the bris was today at noon ET. The ceremony was held virtually via Zoom; no doubt the guest of honor wishes he could have attended virtually. The only people attending in person were the parents, the baby (who also officially acquired his English and Hebrew names, which I guess is supposed to be a reasonably fair exchange for his, er, pains), the grandparents and uncle and the mohel. The rabbi was in attendance virtually, as was the cantor (who had a gorgeous voice). Lovely ceremony, just sad that it had to be held this way.

I forget the comedian who talked about the bris being the reason that Jewish men are so bad at partying. It is, after all, their introduction to parties and celebrations. :shock:
Mazel tov!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."