Good luck, my friends

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Good luck, my friends

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:11 pm

Whatever way tomorrow turns out, you are in for a shitstorm.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

gsabc

Re: Good luck, my friends

#2 Post by gsabc » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Yeah, seems likely, considering that one side is determined to cheat and litigate their way to victory. Me, i'm going to settle in tonight with my iPad and watch the West Wing reunion show and then maybe switch to the telly to watch an episode or two from our DVDs. I'll have to do this downstairs because GW will be upstairs watching the pundits blather about the limited voting results information they'll be receiving tonight.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Thanks, Saucy. I have some hope for a result that's sufficiently clear to put a quick end to any nonsense. We'll know in a few hours. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:20 pm

You got a spare room? :D
Jaybee

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:38 pm

gsabc wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Yeah, seems likely, considering that one side is determined to cheat and litigate their way to victory. Me, i'm going to settle in tonight with my iPad and watch the West Wing reunion show and then maybe switch to the telly to watch an episode or two from our DVDs. I'll have to do this downstairs because GW will be upstairs watching the pundits blather about the limited voting results information they'll be receiving tonight.
Not sure that I agree that Biden and Harris will only win by cheating or litigation, but you do you.

As for the original post, there really is no need for good luck, and there is no need to expect a s**t storm. Over two centuries strong, and we never had an issue with elections (I will overlook the tantrums thrown by the Clinton campaign and supporters the last time around, as it was limited to only a few cities and blew over pretty fast.) Contrary to the mindless statements that this is the "most important election ever", we have weathered greater trials as a nation and come out just fine.

Regardless of which old guy wins (likely to die in office within a couple years), the Earth will continue turning. People will go to work. Kids will go to school (many in person, some online). America still will be America. More importantly, there still will be a King who can handle all of the troubles and strife that one might feel.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Appa23 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:38 pm
gsabc wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Not sure that I agree that Biden and Harris will only win by cheating or litigation, but you do you.

As for the original post, there really is no need for good luck, and there is no need to expect a s**t storm. Over two centuries strong, and we never had an issue with elections (I will overlook the tantrums thrown by the Clinton campaign and supporters the last time around, as it was limited to only a few cities and blew over pretty fast.) Contrary to the mindless statements that this is the "most important election ever", we have weathered greater trials as a nation and come out just fine.

Regardless of which old guy wins (likely to die in office within a couple years), the Earth will continue turning. People will go to work. Kids will go to school (many in person, some online). America still will be America. More importantly, there still will be a King who can handle all of the troubles and strife that one might feel.
We've never before had a President who encourages armed militias to commit violence to the opposition.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.