RIP Conchata Ferrell

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Conchata Ferrell

#1 Post by Vandal » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Conchata Ferrell Dies: Former ‘Two and a Half Men’ Co-Star Was 77

Actress Conchata Ferrell passed away on October 12 at 12:30 PM PST, at the age of 77 as a result of complications following a cardiac arrest. She died peacefully surrounded by family at Sherman Oaks Hospital in Sherman Oaks, California.

Ferrell is probably best known for her role as no-nonsense housekeeper Berta on the hit CBS comedy Two and a Half Men. This role earned her two Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series Emmy nominations in 2005 and 2007.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/conchata-f ... 234596750/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Coming soon: The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Coming in 2021: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

bazodee

Re: RIP Conchata Ferrell

#2 Post by bazodee » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:43 pm

She was a frequent celebrity partner when $20,000 Pyramid was taped in New York. She told the story that she tried to become a contestant in the early (lean) days of her acting career but was ineligible because she was a SAG/AFTRA member.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Conchata Ferrell

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:12 pm

This reminds me of the first role I ever saw her in, a movie called The Girl Called Hatter Fox. I remember Conchata distinctly but can't even remember what Hatter Fox looked like, nor the actor who plays Hatter's therapist. I might have watched 2 1/2 men occasionally just to watch Conchata, except then I would have had to watch Charlie Sheen.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller