COVID outbreak traced to Apple orchard

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Buffacuse

COVID outbreak traced to Apple orchard

#1 Post by Buffacuse » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:56 am

Outside Syracuse: https://www.syracuse.com/news/2020/10/5 ... id-19.html

We went apple picking a couple of weeks ago--thinking it was a relatively safe activity. Apparently not, although the Syracuse sitch might be traced to their restaurant.

We were going to go to our version of this outside Leesburg, VA--"Pumpkinville"--now were not. This is going to be another body blow to Lil' Buff, who has been shut out of every favorite fall activity (trip to Strasburg PA to see Thomas the Tank Engine, local cor nmaze, Pumpkinville) and has been increasingly upset and agitated over all the COVID restrictions. I've been dealing with his autism for over 20 years, but this isn't in anyone's playbook.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: COVID outbreak traced to Apple orchard

#2 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:24 am

It's tough enough for any of us, but brutal for those who don't completely understand why things have changed so drastically. As well as for those who love them.

I guess all that can be done is comfort them best we can. I wish that comfort for all of you...as long as we stick together with those closest to us, things can never completely push the needle to total despair.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Buffacuse wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:56 am

We went apple picking a couple of weeks ago--thinking it was a relatively safe activity. Apparently not, although the Syracuse sitch might be traced to their restaurant.

We were going to go to our version of this outside Leesburg, VA--"Pumpkinville"--now were not. This is going to be another body blow to Lil' Buff, who has been shut out of every favorite fall activity (trip to Strasburg PA to see Thomas the Tank Engine, local cor nmaze, Pumpkinville) and has been increasingly upset and agitated over all the COVID restrictions. I've been dealing with his autism for over 20 years, but this isn't in anyone's playbook.
Jeez, throw the kid a bone.

Methinks, if you are giving up socially distanced, outdoor activities; you might be taking fear of Covid a little too far.

But, apparently you want to sit in a dark corner and pick the lint out of your navel-Good luck with that I guess.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:48 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:15 pm
Buffacuse wrote:

Methinks, if you are giving up socially distanced, outdoor activities; you might be taking fear of Covid a little too far.

But, apparently you want to sit in a dark corner and pick the lint out of your navel-Good luck with that I guess.
Signed up yet for that challenge trial? If not, then what right do you have to comment on the steps Buff feels are necessary to keep his family safe? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Buffacuse

#5 Post by Buffacuse » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:15 pm
Buffacuse wrote:

Diabetes. Coronary artery disease. Four heart attacks. Two major strokes. Two stents in my heart. I'm almost 62.

Whether I go out and get it myself or he brings it home--yeah, I'll lean heavily in the direction of lint picking vice, say, dying on a ventilator at Loudoun Hospital and leaving my family without a husband and father.

You know, I've tried to stay out of all this back and forth between you and the rest of the Bored since I've been back...but you really can be an a-hole.