Kobe Bryant Sudoku

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

Kobe Bryant Sudoku

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:09 pm

And now for something completely different.

A few days ago, I developed a Kobe Bryant tribute sudoku puzzle to post today on what would have been his 42nd birthday. This is definitely not your traditional sudoku because I have given you only three starting digits. There are plenty of other clues around the grid to help you out. This puzzle does produce a unique solution. The question is: Can anybody find it?

Here are the rules:
--Normal sudoku rules apply. All digits 1-9 must appear in each row, column, and 3x3 box--no repeats!
--Dotted cages (sometimes known as "killer cages", "sumoku", or "sumdoku") are additional regions where no digits may repeat. Also, digits within a cage must add up to the small number in its upper left corner.
--The 8 with an arrow (sometimes known as a "little killer clue") indicates the two digits on that diagonal must add up to 8.
--The 8 and 24 clues in column 1, row 1, and row 9 are known as "sandwich clues" because the digits "sandwiched" between the 1 and 9 along that line must add up to the required number.

(Appropriately, each of the above sum clues is 8 or 24--Kobe's jersey numbers.)

--The four pairs of squares shaded in L.A. Lakers purple indicate that the two digits must be MULTIPLIED to total either 8 or 24. Each set must use a different factor pair.
--Finally, the two-square thermometer in the upper-right corner of the grid indicates which of the two digits is bigger. Remember, numbers closer to the bulb of a thermometer are always lower than numbers closer to the tip of a thermometer. (My original puzzle used a "greater than" sign to mark this, but Eric Fox's sudoku software isn't capable of using this symbol.)

This sudoku is playable at http://tinyurl.com/yxdyd2h2

This puzzle will make you guys wish I was hosting a QoD or a Tangredi puzzle instead. Have fun! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Pastor Fireball

Re: Kobe Bryant Sudoku

#2 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:25 am

"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)