Welcome to the family

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Welcome to the family

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:13 am

Welcome to Libby, newest family member at CasaSprots. I was really missing Annie, so SteelersFan kept an eye out and found Libby at the local shelter for me to meet and maybe adopt. I brought her home the day I met her.

The shelter claimed she's a border collie mix, but I don't see border collie traits. You can't see it in the avatar photo, but she has a docked tail which looks just like a boxer. She looks like the photos showing boxer-lab mixes, but neither of us has ever met a lab that wouldn't chase down anything you threw for it and bring it back to you. Libby will chase a thrown ball until she catches up to it, then leave it there and go on to something else. She is very playful and high energy, so I think she's mostly boxer, which is fine with me.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

Re: Welcome to the family

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:34 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:13 am
Welcome to Libby, newest family member at CasaSprots. I was really missing Annie, so SteelersFan kept an eye out and found Libby at the local shelter for me to meet and maybe adopt. I brought her home the day I met her.

The shelter claimed she's a border collie mix, but I don't see border collie traits. You can't see it in the avatar photo, but she has a docked tail which looks just like a boxer. She looks like the photos showing boxer-lab mixes, but neither of us has ever met a lab that wouldn't chase down anything you threw for it and bring it back to you. Libby will chase a thrown ball until she catches up to it, then leave it there and go on to something else. She is very playful and high energy, so I think she's mostly boxer, which is fine with me.
I see pit bull.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:16 pm

I can't get photo to enlarge, but color pattern sure looks like Buttons, the border collie *I* knew.

Does she like to roll in muck??

OK OK, I bet most dogs do.

Happy Puppy!

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Welcome, Libby!

I don't care what Sprots says in her profile, I want to give you scritches!

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:32 pm

Beautiful, and lucky girl. Welcome Libby
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Yay puppy!
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks, everybody! It was indeed a happy day when Libby came home with me.

I too wondered about pit bull and asked the shelter manager about it. He said he considered it unlikely because she doesn't have the drive and determination you usually see in a pit bull.

On the other hand, Libby is definitely at least part boxer, usually highly prized for keeping their families safe, but she is at the bottom of the scale for watchdog. Even my gentle bird dog Annie would raise the roof if she thought there was an intruder, but Libby looks up for a few seconds at an unusual noise and promptly goes back to sleep.

One of these days we'll do the ancestry DNA test and find out for sure.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:01 am

Congratulations on your new very best fren!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:25 am

Awww, I adore new furry family members! She's a lucky Libby!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#10 Post by Evil Squirrel » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:20 am

Hi Libby! My name's Evil, and you'll find me at your back door if you ever want to play together. Me and your mom are such good friends! If you hang out with me, I'll bet she might even share my scritches with you!

Let's see, should Libby come before or after Lizzy in my little black book? Alphabetical order is so hard!
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#11 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks for the additional welcomes, Mr. T and Ms. T!

As for mangy rodents, MissLibby does not hang out with any such riffraff. None! Zero!

She keeps trying to make friens with the next door neighbor kittycats (both sides), but they are having none of it. Maybe if she didn't approach them at 90 MPH . . .

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:34 am

Evil Squirrel wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:20 am
Hi Libby! My name's Evil, and you'll find me at your back door if you ever want to play together. Me and your mom are such good friends! If you hang out with me, I'll bet she might even share my scritches with you!

Let's see, should Libby come before or after Lizzy in my little black book? Alphabetical order is so hard!
LMAO!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire