Requesting Facebook Advice

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Requesting Facebook Advice

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:48 am

I have two Facebook accounts, one for politics, one for friends and family, which is still functional.The political account was hacked to send notifications from me that I found the person in a video and wanted confirmation that it was really that person. Since I received six notifications myself from various friends about this phony video, I assume I sent out that many. Facebook suspended the account and gave me a link to protest the suspension.

The advice I'm looking for is how much trouble should I go to toward reactivating the political account. It's the address that's on record with local officials and the state Democrats, and I don't want to give it up. Lots of interesting information is shared with me there, information I probably wouldn't receive otherwise.

My question is, any of you who have gone through this, how much work is it to get an account reinstated? How long does it take?

What's your guess for how long it would take to establish the same presence with a new account, assuming Facebook will let me establish one?

Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Ritterskoop

Re: Requesting Facebook Advice

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:28 am

With the caveat that I don't have an account, only lurk at my mom's ... I would think if someone did this already, they might just do it again if you rebuild the old account or create a new one. Maybe wait until after election season, anyway, when the bots are less interested in political things. I know that means you would get less political inside info, but it might be worth it, not to go through this hacking again.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Requesting Facebook Advice

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:52 am

Thanks, Skoop. That's the way I'm leaning.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller