RIP Reni Santoni

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Reni Santoni

#1 Post by Vandal » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:58 am

Prolific character actor Reni Santoni, who partnered with Clint Eastwood in "Dirty Harry" and Sylvester Stallone in "Cobra," and who portrayed Poppie the pizza chef in "Seinfeld," has died at 81.

Santoni died in hospice Saturday after a long illness, TV writer and producer Tracy Newman said of her longtime friend.

"Reni Santoni passed away yesterday morning," Newman wrote in a Facebook tribute. "He had been sick for quite a while. Those of you who knew him know how funny he was, what a terrific actor, improviser, performer, etc. So brilliant. I loved him very much and will miss him terribly. Another great one is gone."

Reni Santoni, pictured in 1998, who starred in "Dirty Harry" and "Seinfeld" has died.
The New York City native Santoni starred in 1971's "Dirty Harry" as rookie detective and college sociology major Chico Martinez who gets paired up with Eastwood's "Dirty" Harry Callahan. The cop collaboration came despite Callahan's objections ("Just what I needed, a college boy").

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 579298002/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

MarkBarrett

Re: RIP Reni Santoni

#2 Post by MarkBarrett » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:20 am

My first thought when I saw the sad news was a different role than listed above when Reni Santoni played an institution official (whatever his job title was) in Sean Penn's Bad Boys.