Netflix is sure slow-rolling DVD delivery

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Netflix is sure slow-rolling DVD delivery

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Used to be

1)Monday-Mail DVD back

2) Tuesday-They get it and send me new DVD

3) Wednesday-Have new DVD

Now it takes about a week and this was prior to Covid as well.

We are still on the 3 DVD plan-we talk about moving to 2-but so many of the older movies that I like are only available on DVD. So, we are sticking with it for now.

bazodee

Re: Netflix is sure slow-rolling DVD delivery

#2 Post by bazodee » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 pm

Yup. I'm on the 4-plan and am experiencing exactly the same results. The distribution center is only about 25 miles from my home.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:21 am

Netflix has been accused of "throttling" DVD delivery for heavy users for years. I'd also guess that their supplies of older, less-in-demand titles are dwindling due to shrinkage or damage, and the companies that made these particular titles originally are only doing so, at best, on a manufacture-on-demand basis. So, they may have to either ship from a more distant warehouse. But the current pandemic is also adding to shipping times for all shippers.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:38 am

8 Days

Last Tuesday until yesterday (Wednesday) to get the 3rd disc of "Long Way Down."

This might be a new record for Netflix length for me.

Oh, speaking of Bored history.

We (the Spocklette and I) are on a bit of a Howard Hawks kick that has been 20 years in the making.

Dave2000 from the early days of the Bored recommended a thick book called something like the "The New Biographical Dictionary of Film."

Hawks is the author''s favorite film maker. Finally got around to watching Hawks in force. Surprising that we waited this long as "Bringing Up Baby" is a family favorite. Going off memory here-but I think he did "Hatari" which is another family favorite.

Just watched "Man's Favorite Sport" and I fell in love with Paula Prentiss. I wish I could get my old fishing buddies to watch the movie as Hudson's fishing ineptness would easily draw comparisons to me.

Next up-Hawks version of Scarface.

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:43 am

Spock wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:38 am
8 Days

Last Tuesday until yesterday (Wednesday) to get the 3rd disc of "Long Way Down."

This might be a new record for Netflix length for me.

Oh, speaking of Bored history.

We (the Spocklette and I) are on a bit of a Howard Hawks kick that has been 20 years in the making.

Dave2000 from the early days of the Bored recommended a thick book called something like the "The New Biographical Dictionary of Film."

Hawks is the author''s favorite film maker. Finally got around to watching Hawks in force. Surprising that we waited this long as "Bringing Up Baby" is a family favorite. Going off memory here-but I think he did "Hatari" which is another family favorite.

Just watched "Man's Favorite Sport" and I fell in love with Paula Prentiss. I wish I could get my old fishing buddies to watch the movie as Hudson's fishing ineptness would easily draw comparisons to me.

Next up-Hawks version of Scarface.
While it has been about 35 years since I saw the 80's version of Scarface (My freshman college roommate modeled his life on the main character in that movie-LOL) it was fun to note the similarities between the 2 movies-as I remembered them. Obviously, the filmmaker was paying homage to the 1932 version.

Not sure which Hawks movie is next.