"The Sons of the Pioneers" on the 4th of July

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

"The Sons of the Pioneers" on the 4th of July

#1 Post by Spock » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:14 pm

I think we all realize that SSS's verbiage of "Sons of the Pioneers" is an attempt to denigrate "Frontier Partisans" and associated websites where I have found some kindred spirits.

I have previously said that there is far more political context and nuance there than anywhere that SSS and the Bobs are likely to spend their time. And there is absolutely no "Jane, you ignorant slut" crap there.

Note JimC's fairly short column on the 4th of July.

https://runningironreport.com/history-p ... -on-paper/

Furthermore, if anyone is interested -

https://frontierpartisans.com/19039/el- ... the-world/

The most recent post at Frontier Partisans dealt with "El Indio" the guy who played "Mapache" in The Wild Bunch.

This post was inspired by me as I had just read Stratton's book on the Wild Bunch and I brought forward some comments from an older thread. I have switched to my real name there-as "Breaker Morant" got confusing as there are a certain number of posts about the real Breaker.

However, I am still known as "The Breaker of Book Budgets." LOL

I had some fun in the comments with the "OF COURSE" theme that JimC started in the post.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
JimC>>>"This is why I love doing what we do at Frontier Partisans. It really is a campfire, around which kindred spirits gather and swap yarns and chew the fat. David Wrolson and Ugly Hombre had a conversation about The Wild Bunch (overdue for a re-watch) that hinged around a book that the Breaker of Book Budgets is forcing me to buy."<<<<

silverscreenselect

Re: "The Sons of the Pioneers" on the 4th of July

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:46 pm

Spock wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:14 pm
The most recent post at Frontier Partisans dealt with "El Indio" the guy who played "Mapache" in The Wild Bunch.
I knew about Fernandez and his directing career before reading Stratton's book, but I didn't know about his subsequent murder conviction. That was the biggest problem I had with Stratton's book, that while he went into copious detail about the lives of the various cast and crew before they made the movie, with the exception of a small amount of information about Peckinpah, he was silent about what happened to the rest of them. A concluding chapter would have been nice.

In addition to the Peckinpah films, he appeared in the episode of Columbo that was set in Mexico. By the way, The Wild Bunch is one of the TCM Classics that is on the new HBO Max streaming service, along with films like Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and, yes, the returned Gone with the Wind.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com