WWTBAM renewed!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
bazodee
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

WWTBAM renewed!

#1 Post by bazodee » Thu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm

From Buzzer Blog:

The Hot Seat will return for another year. ABC has renewed Who Wants to be a Millionaire for the 2020-2021 season. This will be its second season in its current incarnation and 22nd season on the air in total. Millionaire can currently be seen Thursdays at 8:00PM on ABC. Jimmy Kimmel hosts. Since moving to its current time, Millionaire has been averaging close to seven million viewers and is regularly ABC’s most watched program of the night.

The current series sees celebrities take a turn in the Hot Seat, trying to answer 15 increasingly difficult questions for up to $1,000,000. To help out are three lifelines: 50/50, Phone A Friend, and Ask the Host. There is no audience and no Ask the Audience lifeline due to the taping just days before the COVID-19 lockdowns.

In interviews, executive producer Michael Davies said he would like to do alternating seasons of celebrity contestants and non-celebrity contestants, so hopefully we’ll see that plan come to fruition. This series has been fun all things considered but Millionaire has always created its best moments with regular contestants winning big.

Congratulations to everyone involved. It’s great to have the show back.

User avatar
MarleysGh0st
Posts: 27854
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Elsewhere

Re: WWTBAM renewed!

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Alternating seasons of celebrity contestants and non-celebrity contestants? And I suppose we should be grateful for half a loaf.

I still say it would work better if we had regular contestants, with all the risks of the original show. Then we could invite the "most entertaining celebrity we know" to sit behind us and waste time on the meaningless chit-chat.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19547
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: WWTBAM renewed!

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm

bazodee wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm
From Buzzer Blog:

The Hot Seat will return for another year. ABC has renewed Who Wants to be a Millionaire for the 2020-2021 season. This will be its second season in its current incarnation and 22nd season on the air in total. Millionaire can currently be seen Thursdays at 8:00PM on ABC. Jimmy Kimmel hosts. Since moving to its current time, Millionaire has been averaging close to seven million viewers and is regularly ABC’s most watched program of the night.

The current series sees celebrities take a turn in the Hot Seat, trying to answer 15 increasingly difficult questions for up to $1,000,000. To help out are three lifelines: 50/50, Phone A Friend, and Ask the Host. There is no audience and no Ask the Audience lifeline due to the taping just days before the COVID-19 lockdowns.

In interviews, executive producer Michael Davies said he would like to do alternating seasons of celebrity contestants and non-celebrity contestants, so hopefully we’ll see that plan come to fruition. This series has been fun all things considered but Millionaire has always created its best moments with regular contestants winning big.

Congratulations to everyone involved. It’s great to have the show back.
The story I saw said that the next season will again feature celebrity "contestants" playing for charity. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

andyrinny2
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: WWTBAM renewed!

#4 Post by andyrinny2 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:02 pm

I'm happy about this. Celebrity BAM is not nearly as good as regular contestant BAM, but I have warmed to the show and like Jimmy Kimmel as host. And while playing the app game is not nearly as fun as playing the old phone game, I do enjoy it.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 18420
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: WWTBAM renewed!

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm
The story I saw said that the next season will again feature celebrity "contestants" playing for charity. --Bob
The current version without an audience will be easier to film and still adhere to coronavirus safety guidelines.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 23508
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: WWTBAM renewed!

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm
bazodee wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm
From Buzzer Blog:

The Hot Seat will return for another year. ABC has renewed Who Wants to be a Millionaire for the 2020-2021 season. This will be its second season in its current incarnation and 22nd season on the air in total. Millionaire can currently be seen Thursdays at 8:00PM on ABC. Jimmy Kimmel hosts. Since moving to its current time, Millionaire has been averaging close to seven million viewers and is regularly ABC’s most watched program of the night.

The current series sees celebrities take a turn in the Hot Seat, trying to answer 15 increasingly difficult questions for up to $1,000,000. To help out are three lifelines: 50/50, Phone A Friend, and Ask the Host. There is no audience and no Ask the Audience lifeline due to the taping just days before the COVID-19 lockdowns.

In interviews, executive producer Michael Davies said he would like to do alternating seasons of celebrity contestants and non-celebrity contestants, so hopefully we’ll see that plan come to fruition. This series has been fun all things considered but Millionaire has always created its best moments with regular contestants winning big.

Congratulations to everyone involved. It’s great to have the show back.
The story I saw said that the next season will again feature celebrity "contestants" playing for charity. --Bob
That's because they're already in the can.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
MarleysGh0st
Posts: 27854
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Elsewhere

Re: WWTBAM renewed!

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 22, 2020 9:34 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm
The story I saw said that the next season will again feature celebrity "contestants" playing for charity. --Bob
The current version without an audience will be easier to film and still adhere to coronavirus safety guidelines.
They could tape with regular contestants without an audience, instead of celebrity contestants.

Heck, they could even make it timely by featuring essential workers as contestants.

User avatar
ghostjmf
Posts: 7377
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am

Re: WWTBAM renewed!

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Mon May 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Still can't get the game to run on my tablet beyond the 1st Q.

Post Reply